Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't worry too much about my post-score, but it is a bit of a measure of how much work someone puts into the board, and I take stock of that in my reactions to their posts. If I see a very contentious post, I'd sometimes check how often the poster posts when deciding how to take it. I feel I owe the more prodigious posters a certain respect for keeping this fun board (that fun board?) going.

I think the lack of post-count might be another aspect of the 'living in the now'/short attention span character of the 'digital native' culture. Nothing much matters beyond what someone said in the last half a day or so...
Say, is there a quick way to tell what other members are on the board at the time, other than looking through the whole members' list and seeing who's marked "online"? Apologies in advance if I'm somehow missing something obvious.
I've no idea what my post count was. probably a couple of hundred. I don't see a big post count as a sign of massive accomplishment so much as a measure of how much spare time people have/how they choose to focus their energies.

Basically, I'm extremely grateful to the mods and maintainers, and posters too.
The Baron said:
Say, is there a quick way to tell what other members are on the board at the time, other than looking through the whole members' list and seeing who's marked "online"? Apologies in advance if I'm somehow missing something obvious.

If you open up the chat thing on the bottom that tells you who is on.
Travis Herrick said:
The Baron said:
Say, is there a quick way to tell what other members are on the board at the time, other than looking through the whole members' list and seeing
who's marked "online"? Apologies in advance if I'm somehow missing
something obvious.

If you open up the chat thing on the bottom that tells you who is on.

And if there was a "chat" thing down the bottom that I could see, I certainly would.
Now that I think about it - I did see a "chat" thing previous times I was on the board. Now, I'm seeing a "Click here to download plug-in" thing instead. Same when I try to look at groups. Since it's not my computer, I don't want to download anything onto it.
Okay, I'm totally sold on the Photos feature on this site. LOVE the pics, Doc!
One thing I've noticed recently: having two boards and some uncertainty about their future seems to have sent a lot of Legionnaires to the sidelines. It seems like there's never more than a handful logged on at either site when I visit these days.
Yes, I've noticed a lot of inactivity on both, too.
Mark Sullivan said:
One thing I've noticed recently: having two boards and some uncertainty about their future seems to have sent a lot of Legionnaires to the sidelines. It seems like there's never more than a handful logged on at either site when I visit these days.

You got that right. I was thinking the same thing over the weekend, and the lack of posts on either side.
Honestly and truly, I'm having a hard time navigating this site. I wish I could find someplace that apprised me of everything that's went on since my last visit (no matter if I'm a group member or not). That only works a little bit with the "recent activity."
Another thing: I just turned off several of the email notifications. I did the same thing shortly after joining Facebook. I don't really need to be notified about most postings here; I'll be checking the site regularly anyway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service