Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm amused that when you click on a restricted Group ... this may only apply to the Moderators Group at this point ... you get the message:

Members must be approved
Why not create your own group?


I realize that's default language. And I don't belong in there anyway. It just made me chuckle. It's a very polite "Go start your own club, Nimrod!" message.

{I still haven't figured out how to add smilies. I sound like an ass when I post smilie-les.}
I have to say, there doens't seem to be much point to coming up to the library on weeknights, since there's no activity on the sit ein the evenings, apparently. Most likely I'll just come in here on Saturdays when I can come in during the day.
The Baron said:
I have to say, there doens't seem to be much point to coming up to the library on weeknights, since there's no activity on the sit ein the evenings, apparently. Most likely I'll just come in here on Saturdays when I can come in during the day.

You should try posting from Australia.

I feel like the elves in that story about the shoemaker, who come out at night when everyone is sleeping and do their stuff then.
The Baron said:
I have to say, there doens't seem to be much point to coming up to the library on weeknights, since there's no activity on the sit ein the evenings, apparently. Most likely I'll just come in here on Saturdays when I can come in during the day.

I think there will be more activity (either here or there) once a final decision has been made on which board we will be using. Unless one has been made, and I missed it.
Yeah, one board, the sooner the better. I feel like I'm going to bump into Merryman any day now.
I'm getting used to the new board for the most part. I want to say, first of all, a big thank you to all of the mods and everyone doing the behind the scenes work. Kudos to you all!

I'm wondering if there is a way to tell who's online when I am .... the chat function has disappeared and I can't find any other way to see who's out there. One of the cool things about the old board was that you could see who was online, as well as who was viewing a forum and even if someone else was in the same thread. Right now, I feel a little isolated here, if I'm missing something please let me know.
Martin Gray said:
Yeah, one board, the sooner the better. I feel like I'm going to bump into Merryman any day now.

Ha!
I just check the ning help pages, and it says that a green light will appear by a member in the members tab if that person is online.

I don't see any lights on for anyone right now, so either I am all alone or this feature isn't working. I will do more research and let you know.

[update] Mark Sullivan posted within a minute of me posting this, but I don't see him marked as online. So I am going to guess for some odd reason this feature isn't turned on. Maybe Rich can fix that.

Ana
John Dunbar said:
I'm getting used to the new board for the most part. I want to say, first of all, a big thank you to all of the mods and everyone doing the behind the scenes work. Kudos to you all!
I'm wondering if there is a way to tell who's online when I am .... the chat function has disappeared and I can't find any other way to see who's out there. One of the cool things about the old board was that you could see who was online, as well as who was viewing a forum and even if someone else was in the same thread. Right now, I feel a little isolated here, if I'm missing something please let me know.
Anyway, if I was gonna have an avatar, it would be the "Tenth Planet" Cyberman one I'm using on the old board. So, imagine that one, when you read stuff I post here.
okay, I'm here. I never like moving, but it's always good once it's over with. Did we pick up any newbies along the way.
Mickey McLaurin said:
okay, I'm here. I never like moving, but it's always good once it's over with. Did we pick up any newbies along the way.

I think we did, and they should know that you and I are the same person, even though we live in different states and have never met.
.
I was going to add a "Bwahahaha!" but I can't locate the smilies... :( Guess I need to explore the options more...

Dagwan said:
Mickey McLaurin said:
okay, I'm here. I never like moving, but it's always good once it's over with. Did we pick up any newbies along the way.

I think we did, and they should know that you and I are the same person, even though we live in different states and have never met.
.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"An early Kubert. From 1954."
50 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"And I just found out a few weeks ago that Behemoth Comics is in Richardson, TX a suburb of…"
53 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"I used to joke about looking forward to the day when there would be wrestling comics, because I…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"Homage alert! Did you forget something Tony? Going into battle without a helmet seems reckless.…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion Comical Comic Cuts
3 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022

<p style="clear: both;">BOOM!BRIAR #1…See More
4 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One "good" sea monster deserves another. (Image courtesy of the Grand Comics Database.)"
4 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"No word yet. Looks like it'll be Friday. "
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"This one was a treasured gem in my collection! "
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"Before delving into the John Byrne era, I would like to take a slightly-out-of-order look at the…"
6 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"They'd be idiots not to renew it.Not that they aren't idiots."
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service