Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never trust anyone who asks you to email a photo.

If he asks for a naked one, call 911.
Alan M. said:
The Baron said:
Tried one more time. Getting message telling me my photo must be a jpg, png or pgf file. My photo is a jpg. Software is lying to me. As usual. Giving up for real, this time. Probably I shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more
complicated than my own shoelaces. The more "features" are added, the
less I am able to take adavantage of them. Skynet is real.

Is the "Rorschach's Journal" feel to this post deliberate? :)

Hrrm.
Is there a "stats" section like the old boar dhad?
Not that I've seen. Worried about your post count, Baron? ;)
Who isn't?

Jeff Alan "Cavalier" Polier said:
Lumbering Jack said:
Who isn't?

Honestly? I never really cared about post counts, mine or anyone else's.
Says the guy who got his post count wiped out on the old board, and then it mysteriously returned! No, Rich doesn't care about that at all! ; P

Rich Lane said:
Lumbering Jack said:
Who isn't?

Lumbering Jack said:
Says the guy who got his post count wiped out on the old board, and then it mysteriously returned! No, Rich doesn't care about that at all! ; P
Rich Lane said:
Lumbering Jack said:
Who isn't?

No, truly I really don't care. What happened previously is that I accidentally deleted myself during maintenance, and had to reregister, setting my count back to zero. It was like that for a couple of days, because it was no big deal, but other folks said told me they wanted my post count to be accurate, so I obliged because it mattered to them, but it didn't really matter to me one way or the other.
I altered the front page a tad. I set it so only the headlines for the blogs show up there, but you can still see the detailed view if you click on the blogs link.

Let me know if this makes the front page look less "cluttered" for you.
Wel, I'm sorry, I cared about my post count. I had fun with it. I won't bring it up again.
Rich Lane said:
I altered the front page a tad. I set it so only the headlines for the blogs show up there, but you can still see the detailed view if you click on the blogs link.
Let me know if this makes the front page look less "cluttered" for you.

What would de-clutter it for me is if you gave the two sidebars a background color. That's what I did on my profile page, and the layout makes so much more sense to me now. In fact, I liked the longer blog intros on the main page; it made the page more visual and less text-heavy.
I have to admit, I liked having a post count, too -- there were people who were probably completely unaware that I was in a race with them for a while...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service