Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't stating anything but my own preferences. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying seeing your post count go up. It just isn't something I spend much time thinking about personally.
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?
Rich Lane said:
ClarkKent_DC said:

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?

A competition, no. A friendly rivalry, yes.

The post count is a measurement of accomplishment. It may not be terribly relevant to anything, but understand this: It is valued by some, therefore, it has value.
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.
The time that I really had fun with it was when Shlabam and I went back and forth on the count for a while.
Rich Lane said:
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.

I insinuate nothing. Anything I have to say, I say.

I didn't say you said anything that you didn't say. I don't believe in putting words in people's mouths, and I don't like it when it happens to me, and I don't believe that is what I did.
No, but I watch sports for far different reasons than I read comic books--and for far FAR different reasons than I talk about comic books. Like Rich said, I've never considered this to be a competition.

Nothing against any of the competitors out there, but I never even looked at them. Every now and then I'd notice I was at like 5,034, and I'd go by the "Important Announcements" section and find a two week old post congratulating me for it. I always thought that was nice, but clearly it's not something I was looking at.

Like I said, I'm just speaking for myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
JeffCarter said:

I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...
I used to enjoy my post count, but then grad school and work ate up all my time, and I lagged far, far behind everyone else. I was just glad to start discussing comics and TV shows again.
Alan M. said:
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Ha! I'm with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service