Well, I hope you folks have fun with it.

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't stating anything but my own preferences. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying seeing your post count go up. It just isn't something I spend much time thinking about personally.
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
ClarkKent_DC said:
C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?

I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?
Rich Lane said:
ClarkKent_DC said:
C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?


I don't watch the Olympics either. :)

Seriously though, you consider it a competition, or was that just a facetious remark that I'm too punchy from this being the last week of school to discern?

A competition, no. A friendly rivalry, yes.

The post count is a measurement of accomplishment. It may not be terribly relevant to anything, but understand this: It is valued by some, therefore, it has value.
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.
The time that I really had fun with it was when Shlabam and I went back and forth on the count for a while.
Rich Lane said:
Understand this, I never said it didn't have value to some.

Just not me.

Please don't insinuate something about me that I have already patently said I do not believe.

I insinuate nothing. Anything I have to say, I say.

I didn't say you said anything that you didn't say. I don't believe in putting words in people's mouths, and I don't like it when it happens to me, and I don't believe that is what I did.
No, but I watch sports for far different reasons than I read comic books--and for far FAR different reasons than I talk about comic books. Like Rich said, I've never considered this to be a competition.

Nothing against any of the competitors out there, but I never even looked at them. Every now and then I'd notice I was at like 5,034, and I'd go by the "Important Announcements" section and find a two week old post congratulating me for it. I always thought that was nice, but clearly it's not something I was looking at.

Like I said, I'm just speaking for myself.

ClarkKent_DC said:
JeffCarter said:
I know some people were really proud of their post counts, but I could care less. I know some people would pad them on purpose, which--while I never begrudged them--I never understood, either.

C'mon -- would you watch the Olympics if nobody kept score?
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...
I used to enjoy my post count, but then grad school and work ate up all my time, and I lagged far, far behind everyone else. I was just glad to start discussing comics and TV shows again.
Alan M. said:
I only care about post counts that are evenly divisible by 37...and clearly, anyone who doesn't agree with that perspective is a soulless reverse-vampire android zombie from the future, and shouldn't be listened to anyway...

Ha! I'm with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I don't generally like watching more than one episode per day of anything, but now I'm…"
2 minutes ago
The Baron replied to Randy Jackson's discussion The List of Super Villain Teams
"Axis Amerika springs to mind."
18 minutes ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Monster Squad: Added Drak Pack : Added And what about the Mighty Morphin' Power…"
21 minutes ago
Randy Jackson posted a discussion

The List of Super Villain Teams

This is pretty short right now,  but I'm sure it will get significantly longer.  Anyway,  this is…See More
1 hour ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Harley Quinn and roller coasters."
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Read a handful of comics on the train today -- some new, some old. Elvira in Horrorland 3:…"
5 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion "The Flash" movie star Ezra Miller busted for burglary
"Warner Brothers Discovery is considering its options, per The Hollywood Reporter, and scrapping The…"
8 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Two more from Saturday mornings: Monster Squad Drak Pack  (Both based on Dracula, Frankenstein…"
9 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Added the Following: The Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R. The Atomics Knights of Justice Justice League…"
10 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"Added the Midnight Sons."
12 hours ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Curtis was a horror movie host on a Jackson TN TV station in 1974."
13 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service