Not every new show will merit its own thread.  Until then, here's a catch-all thread for thoughts and comments.

Views: 1161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoyed the Event. Looking forward to Undercovers tomorrow!
Just finished Castle. Right back into the fun. Gosh, we love that show.

Agreed.

We're a few minutes into Chuck. The homage to the opening credits of I Spy was wonderful if you knew what it was (me) but just plain weird if you didn't (Jenn).

There were a lot of homages and in-jokes in the premiere -- undoubtedly some I didn't even catch. My favorite LOL moment was Chuck interviewing at Vandelay Industries.
We liked the pilot for The Event.
Doctor Hmmm? said:
Just finished Castle. Right back into the fun. Gosh, we love that show.

Agreed.

We're a few minutes into Chuck. The homage to the opening credits of I Spy was wonderful if you knew what it was (me) but just plain weird if you didn't (Jenn).

There were a lot of homages and in-jokes in the premiere -- undoubtedly some I didn't even catch. My favorite LOL moment was Chuck interviewing at Vandelay Industries.

I'm glad -- very glad -- Chuck is back!

I especially like the producer's pledge that Chuck and Sarah are going be a couple. No "Will they or won't they?", no "break up to make up," no "I have to break up with you because I love you too much," no turning to Mr. Right Now because of a misunderstanding -- none of that! Yay! I like Chuck and Sarah as a couple; let us enjoy it!
I saw the season premiere of Lone Star and it was a little bit different than I expected, but in a good way. It did irritate me with the 4 musical interludes during the last half hour.

I did enjoy the one scene, when I jumped and said,"Hey that is just a few miles from where I grew up!" The scene where the main dude, Bob is talking to his dad in an empty office space. That never happens to me. Of course that scene was supposed to be in Houston, about 4 hours from where it was filmed, but the entire series is being filmed around Dallas. I am tentatively on board for now, but seeing those ratings means it probably won't be around for long. 4.1 million viewers for its debut, and already rumored to be on the chopping block.
Glee started its second season well. The pre-credits bit, having a student blogger interview Mr. Shu and the team and ask them questions fans and critics have actually had about the show, was genius. The new, female, football coach will be a great new foe for Sue. That woman is an actual international women's arm wrestling champion.
Travis Herrick said:
I saw the season premiere of Lone Star and it was a little bit different than I expected, but in a good way. It did irritate me with the 4 musical interludes during the last half hour.

I did enjoy the one scene, when I jumped and said,"Hey that is just a few miles from where I grew up!" The scene where the main dude, Bob is talking to his dad in an empty office space. That never happens to me. Of course that scene was supposed to be in Houston, about 4 hours from where it was filmed, but the entire series is being filmed around Dallas. I am tentatively on board for now, but seeing those ratings means it probably won't be around for long. 4.1 million viewers for its debut, and already rumored to be on the chopping block.

The Hollywood Reporter indicates Lone Star might join the "Canceled After ONE Episode" club: " 'Lone Star' Faces Cancellation After One Episode".

I don't know what went wrong here. It got mostly positive reviews, and it's not the same old, same old police/lawyer/doctor stuff.
ClarkKent_DC said:
I don't know what went wrong here. It got mostly positive reviews, and it's not the same old, same old police/lawyer/doctor stuff.

I don't think Lone Star — or, actually, a lot of Fox's new shows — have been marketed particularly strongly. I don't know if it's a failing of the marketing department, a lack of confidence, or if it actually has been marketed and I've just missed it, but this show has flown under the radar pretty strongly.

It going up against the über-marketed The Event (not to mention Dancing With the Stars) probably didn't help, either.
USA Network seems to have had a few con-man dramas...maybe the audience didn't want another one...
I would agree with Alan in so far as being unaware of the show. I hadn't even heard of Lone Star until last week. Although, I don't really watch Fox, so there could have been a ton on there, and I would never have seen it. I do watch some FX though, and don't recall seeing any ads on there.
I was disappointed, actually. I thought there was a lot of backsliding in characterization. I also hated the musical numbers. Intrigued by next week's episode, though...

Doc Beechler said:
Glee started its second season well. The pre-credits bit, having a student blogger interview Mr. Shu and the team and ask them questions fans and critics have actually had about the show, was genius. The new, female, football coach will be a great new foe for Sue. That woman is an actual international women's arm wrestling champion.
This is a surprise. It seems to be one of the best reviewed new shows of the season...

ClarkKent_DC said:
Travis Herrick said:
I saw the season premiere of Lone Star and it was a little bit different than I expected, but in a good way. It did irritate me with the 4 musical interludes during the last half hour.

I did enjoy the one scene, when I jumped and said,"Hey that is just a few miles from where I grew up!" The scene where the main dude, Bob is talking to his dad in an empty office space. That never happens to me. Of course that scene was supposed to be in Houston, about 4 hours from where it was filmed, but the entire series is being filmed around Dallas. I am tentatively on board for now, but seeing those ratings means it probably won't be around for long. 4.1 million viewers for its debut, and already rumored to be on the chopping block.

The Hollywood Reporter indicates Lone Star might join the "Canceled After ONE Episode" club: " 'Lone Star' Faces Cancellation After One Episode".

I don't know what went wrong here. It got mostly positive reviews, and it's not the same old, same old police/lawyer/doctor stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I remember in the letter columns Lois Lane was the obvious fan favorite for Mrs. Superman with Lana…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Giant is one of my mother's favorite movies! She's a big Rock Hudson fan."
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Jeff of Earth-J said: And that is the end of All in Color for a Dime. I am awaiting a copy of The…"
6 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"THE BATMAN FAMILY: In anticipation of the upcoming release of the Silver Age Batman Omnibus, I…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide a substitute, either xxxx There are 42 issues of…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
""But it's way too long to enjoy!" Tracy and I watched The Alamo for the first (and…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Jeff of Earth-J said: GOOD AGAINST EVIL (1977) Unbeknownst to her, many of the people in her circle…"
7 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Not only is Magneto confronting his children, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but there is also…"
7 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The mothers were never named or clearly seen. Their faces were always kept in shadows!"
7 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And I'm guessing this would come as a bit of shock - to find that that someone you had…"
7 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"So, given that Supes took his son's powers away in the previous issue, it's not too…"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service