Not every new show will merit its own thread.  Until then, here's a catch-all thread for thoughts and comments.

Views: 784

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doctor Hmmm? said:
They used the S word. No, the 8-letter word beginning with "s."

... that doesn't end with "head."

Right!
ClarkKent_DC said:
Which one are you? Not the one from Texas, I trust ...

Unfortunately, yes. (People at work say that, too.) Actually, if I identify with any of them at all it's the one with the glasses.
We dropped Nikita from our season pass manager. It's OK but we have a lot of stuff we enjoy more and a limited amount of time to watch.
Re The Event, Episode 2:

So ... the CIA has suspected for years that the prisoners have confederates operating incognito among the general population, and (so far as I can tell) the CIA Director has had a free hand in dealing with this situation for a long time -- I get the impression that keeping the President ignorant of the prisoners has been SOP, rather than a special case for this particular President. But it's only now that the Director orders a full-scale operation to root out and eliminate the "moles"? Really?
ABC's My Generation joins Fox's Lone Star on the cancellation pile after only two episodes.

......I'm not sure I knew My Generation existed, and I certainly don't know what it was about. Anyone have any opinions on this one? :)
Doctor Hmmm? said:
Re The Event, Episode 2:

So ... the CIA has suspected for years that the prisoners have confederates operating incognito among the general population, and (so far as I can tell) the CIA Director has had a free hand in dealing with this situation for a long time -- I get the impression that keeping the President ignorant of the prisoners has been SOP, rather than a special case for this particular President. But it's only now that the Director orders a full-scale operation to root out and eliminate the "moles"? Really?

Well, the President isn't ignorant about this situation any more, right? So now is the need for tracks to be covered, no?
Saw the second Hawaii Five-O. It was good with nice interplay between McGarrett and Danno but Kono has to be rescued again! No bikini, but she has a fight in a pool!

Nice touch was this lovely young woman surveying the bruises and cuts on her face when she should be celebrating her police graduation. Her expression showed her brief doubt and her resolve.

Survivor: Jimmy Johnson is out! The men on his tribe actually felt threatened by this 67 year old man. Probst was clearly annoyed. Also, one of the most anger provoking events happened that was both upsetting and insulting. Hopefully there will be ramifications!
So far I'm more in the Undercovers camp and Holly's in the Hawaii Five-O camp...

Nikita is gone from our record list. The Office and How I Met Your Mother is feeling a little "sharkish" and not in the Discovery Channel good way. Modern Family, Community, and 30 Rock are still awesome. Glee is great...really like the new football coach addition. Smallville is insane and kinda awesome in its insanity. It's like watching a clown car and a cotton candy truck collide.

The Amazing Race is great...but I do feel guilty when a bunch of Americans race through third world countries to win a million bucks...

Doc, I hear you...but then I figure they are stimulating the local economies, directly and indirectly...
I caught up on Undercovers over the weekend on Hulu and I enjoyed it and will be adding it to my hulu subscriptions...Hi5-O is already on our Dvr queue.

My watch list includes Chuck, Glee, Castle, Bones, Community and Lie to me...although the last two I tend to end up watching via hulu.

Doc Beechler said:
So far I'm more in the Undercovers camp and Holly's in the Hawaii Five-O camp...

Nikita is gone from our record list. The Office and How I Met Your Mother is feeling a little "sharkish" and not in the Discovery Channel good way. Modern Family, Community, and 30 Rock are still awesome. Glee is great...really like the new football coach addition. Smallville is insane and kinda awesome in its insanity. It's like watching a clown car and a cotton candy truck collide.

The Amazing Race is great...but I do feel guilty when a bunch of Americans race through third world countries to win a million bucks...
I feel the same way about Amazing Race sometimes, but I think on the whole, there's *much* more good than bad about the show. Just the fact that average people are shown traveling through India or wherever has to bolster plenty of people's confidence that they could do it, too. The show depicts the world as a friendly (though often frustrating!) place, and that's a definite good thing. We don't see enough of that, I don't think.

Rob Staeger said:
I feel the same way about Amazing Race sometimes, but I think on the whole, there's *much* more good than bad about the show. Just the fact that average people are shown traveling through India or wherever has to bolster plenty of people's confidence that they could do it, too. The show depicts the world as a friendly (though often frustrating!) place, and that's a definite good thing. We don't see enough of that, I don't think.

That's true...
I finally watched last week's Big Bang Theory (I can't watch it live on Thursday nights). This one wasn't funny so much as it was stupid. I hope the writers get it in gear soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service