Not every new show will merit its own thread.  Until then, here's a catch-all thread for thoughts and comments.

Views: 1261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Vulture blog from New York magazine handicaps the chances of renewal for 27 shows on the bubble: "What Are the Fates of TV's Bubble Shows in Renewal Limbo?"
Nothing terribly surprising there. Disappointing sometimes, but not surprising.
For the 2010 season, i haven't really picked up many new shows. I loved Lone Star but it only lasted 2 episodes. I watch Outsource because it's on with the other NBC comedies I watch. I watch Perfect Couples, didn't like the first episode, missed the second, enjoyed the third. But to the newest offering, Chicago Code, I loved it. I was unsure of another cop show but the constant commercials and Delroy Lindo convinced me to give it a show. It's a faced paced show and it got to the point right away. The characters are all pretty interesting as well. The only thing that I don't care for is the storyline with the main character's neice and her partner. It feels like extra story we don't need.
We love Community and would be sad to see it go...but it looks pretty safe.  I like Perfect Couples a lot more than Holly does...but she likes Parks and Rec a lot more than I do...so that's a wash.  I think Human Target is fun, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it left after this season.  I don't really watch any of the other shows on this "Bubble" list.

Chuck is, as ever, on the bubble, but I like that it has a shot for next year.

One odd thing about Chuck is that, because they're always on the bubble and are never sure how many episodes will be ordered, they write a season finale that can serve as a series finale ...and then they get more episodes after it airs! It happened again last month with the episode that put away the villain Volkoff, reunited Chuck's mom with the rest of her family, had his sister have her baby AND had Chuck propose to Sarah.

Here's a different assessment, from Michael Ausiello at TV Line.com: "Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Axed? What's...

ClarkKent_DC said:

Chuck is, as ever, on the bubble, but I like that it has a shot for next year.

One odd thing about Chuck is that, because they're always on the bubble and are never sure how many episodes will be ordered, they write a season finale that can serve as a series finale ...and then they get more episodes after it airs! It happened again last month with the episode that put away the villain Volkoff, reunited Chuck's mom with the rest of her family, had his sister have her baby AND had Chuck propose to Sarah.

Chuck surely must have set a record by now for the most non-finale finales. It's OK, though. Next year's non-finale finale will (I predict) be Chuck and Sara's wedding. And the 2013 non-finale finale will, inevitably, be the birth of baby Bartowski.

I'm just happy that Fringe is holding its own on Fridays.  FOX's decision to move it to the "Friday Night Death Slot"  had a lot of people worried that it would become the next: (choose one)

a.  The Adventures of Brisco County. Jr.

b.  Sliders

c.  Brimstone

d.  The Lone Gunmen

e.  Dark Angel

f.  Firefly

g. John Doe

h. Wonderfalls

i.  Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

j.  Dollhouse

k. Millennium

l.  Any one of of a dozen other science-fiction or fantasy shows that the network has sent there to die since the early 90's.

I really loved the Chicago Code -- it's off to a really promising start, and the world needs more Delroy Lindo. And seeing Jennifer Beals again is great, too -- she's doing a great job as the superintendent. 

As for the On The Bubble thing, I'm pretty confident about Community for some reason. NBC has a really solid two hours of comedy spread out over three hours.

Has anyone besides me checked out Lights Out? I was wary at first as it looked like it might be a season long Rocky 5, but it had been better than I expected. A lot seedier too.
I watched most of the first episode before my dvr acted up. But I liked what I saw.

Travis Herrick said:
Has anyone besides me checked out Lights Out? I was wary at first as it looked like it might be a season long Rocky 5, but it had been better than I expected. A lot seedier too.
Here's another estimate of which shows may or may not be coming back, this time from TV Guide: "Fall 2011 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Returning? Which Aren't?"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"An early Kubert. From 1954."
2 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"And I just found out a few weeks ago that Behemoth Comics is in Richardson, TX a suburb of…"
2 hours ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"I used to joke about looking forward to the day when there would be wrestling comics, because I…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022
"Homage alert! Did you forget something Tony? Going into battle without a helmet seems reckless.…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion Comical Comic Cuts
5 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Comics Guide: Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2022

<p style="clear: both;">BOOM!BRIAR #1…See More
6 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One "good" sea monster deserves another. (Image courtesy of the Grand Comics Database.)"
6 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod)'s discussion DC's Digital Backlist
"No word yet. Looks like it'll be Friday. "
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"This one was a treasured gem in my collection! "
7 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion She-Hulk
"Before delving into the John Byrne era, I would like to take a slightly-out-of-order look at the…"
8 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"They'd be idiots not to renew it.Not that they aren't idiots."
9 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service