It's that time of year again!
Continuing the tradition started by Doctor Hmmm? back in 2010, and followed inconsistently since (2011201320142015201620172018 and 2019), here's a catchall thread about any and all shows debuting or returning this fall, with an emphasis on the shows that don't generate their own threads.

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember the original One Day at a Time (and miss the late Bonnie Franklin), and find this version a little jarring in that it's similar but not the same. Kind of like how someone who grew up watching George Reeves on The Adventures of Superman might regard Dean Cain on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

I haven't seen any of the Netflix episodes; it didn't make them available when the show moved to Pop! Maybe those were the ones the critics were drooling over. The ones I've seen, on Pop! and CBS are pleasant, but no great shakes. (The Very Special Episode, which was animated, dealt with the family preparing to handle a visit from their right-wing cousins from Florida. Like Very Special Episodes, it tried too hard.)

It's a nice little show, and I hope it finds a new berth. I also hope Netflix frees up the other episodes when it moves.

Also, this shows how, these days, ratings aren't the driver for why shows get canceled. Pop! has moved away from scripted shows, which seems odd to me; people barely noticed it existed until it put on Schitt's Creek.

Here's a piece from The Hollywood Reporter about the corporate machinations behind One Day at a Time's moves from one platform to another: "'One Day at a Time' Canceled at ViacomCBS; Sony to Shop Former Pop Comedy"

We saw the earlier seasons of the show on Netflix, which are still available there. Production of this show shouldn't be too expensive (it's almost a one-set stage play), so hopefully it will continue somewhere. It sounds like Sony is really "bullish" on relocating it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service