The first results are in! You can read all about it and talk all about it here.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for doing this Chris. You do a great job every year.
Chris is the da man! He does a fabulous job with this each year!
Thanks for the kudos, everyone.
Going back and looking at the results I was surprised that Incognito was the close to Blackest Night

At one point during the voting, I think that Incognito was ahead of Blackest Night. Even as a Blackest Night fan, the possibility of a surprise upset was quite intriguing.
Is there a reason why there's no listing for Best Artist and Most Underrated Writer? Or did I just miss them as I read through... and re-read through?
Those categories were tied. There are currently run-off polls in the poll thread to determine the eventual winner.

Rob Staeger said:
Is there a reason why there's no listing for Best Artist and Most Underrated Writer? Or did I just miss them as I read through... and re-read through?
Oops -- had no idea! Better vote!
Best Artist

JH Williams III
broke a III way tie to win this year's Cappie for Best Artist. Williams is best known this past year for his work on DC's Detective Comics, starring Batwoman.
Most Underrated Writer

You don't have to work for Marvel or DC to win a Cappie. Jill Thompson proved that when she won the Most Underrated Artist award and now Jay Faerber has followed suit by winning the Most Underrated Writer award.
Best Reprint or Archive:

Art Spiegelman, Carl Barks, Basil Wolverton, Walt Kelly, Sheldon Mayer and many more are now Cappie recipients. Their collected work in The Toon Treasury of Classic Children’s Comics is the winner of the Best Reprint/Archive Cappie.
Since it's been 2 months since the last post, I think it's safe to take this off of the "featured discussion" spot.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

taken care of

Dagwan said:
Since it's been 2 months since the last post, I think it's safe to take this off of the "featured discussion" spot.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service