Replies

• I love this.

On a related note, I recently thought of a story hook that could justify the Daily Planet's continued relevance. I thought about how, back in the day, newspapers were often the only way that many people would be able to know anything about the world beyond their towns and counties, and that got me thinking...what if the Daily Planet was the only newspaper on Earth with a galactic beat? Given their connection to Superman, it wouldn't be too hard a sell that they are able to get scoops and embed reporters in a way that no other paper can.

At that point, you would have people buying up the paper because it would have photos of distant worlds, interviews with alien princes, and all sorts of awesomeness.

• I love it too. If only The Onion could do regular stories and post them on Newsarama, I think it might shut up a lot of the fanboy ridiculousness you read so often.

• I figure the Daily Planet is the DC Universe's equivalent of The New York Times, and in the same class as them and The Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY and The Washington Post. Those four will always be around; they're too big to fail.

• Isn't it the reason they moved Clark to WGBS back in the 70s?

This reply was deleted.