The space adventure returns this winter. Catch an all-new season premiere on SUN, DEC 30th only on FOX!

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I finally watched these two episodes over the weekend to get caught up. This show just keeps getting better and better.

I think the one thing that sets this apart, in a good way, from Star Trek, is that whenever there are moments of humor, it doesn't seem as monumental. It just seems natural, so it doesn't pull you out at all. It's in perfect balance.

I was blown away by the two-parter. Isaac obviously had developed feelings even though that wasn't thought possible. The ultimate battle was realistic in that it was desperate and costly.

The earlier episode, "A Happy Refrain," had Mark Jackson, who normally just voices Isaac, appear as his human version. Does he perform in motion capture?

The latest episode, "Blood of Patriots," starred Mackenzie Astin as the pivotal Lt Orrin Channing. He (along with his brother Sean) is a son of John Astin and Patty Duke.

The last two episodes have shown how talented and critical the often humorous Lt Malloy is.

Last night's episode presents the "holodeck romance" motif in a way we've never quite seen before. This show keeps getting better and better. It's not just a copy of Star Trek: the Next Generation; it builds upon it.

This was a new take on the holodeck romance. I wonder, however, how accurate the information one posts using a cell phone would be. Would a person's view of themselves be 100% accurate or shaded by good or bad self-impressions and secrets one wouldn't post?

The Orville to Move From Fox to Hulu for Season 3

Story

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service