This was posted today on facebook about Mark Pennington:

Mark passed peacefully in his sleep last night at 4 am. Almado a good friend came and sang at 6pm and he fell asleep. He had just gotten a big new comfy bed and we had a chance to hold each other. He had a great day yesterday and wanted all of you to know how much he loves you. I'll post the funeral on this site later and make my own facebook page soon. He is now in glory with his beloved Jesus. Shalom, be at peace. Lori

Mark was one of the long time Legionnaires.  He was a fixture on the old board.  His health has been in decline for years. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am very saddened to read this news although it was not unexpected. Tracy had been following his progress via Facebook and came to feel as if she knew him. For my own part, I missed the chance to meet him face-to-face a couple of years ago when a planned trip of his to Dallas was cancelled. I regret that more than ever now.

Rest in Peace, Legionnaire

• That's really too bad. I've been following along with his illness over on Facebook as well, and this is bad news. Always a great guy with a positive attitude.

• May he rest in peace, and may his loved ones be comforted

• I never got to meet Mark face to face, but from knowing him on this board, I thought he was a great guy.  I'm very sad to hear about this, and I hope that Lori will find comfort and peace.  It's a damned shame, but I'm glad he went out on a good day for him.  Hail and farewell, Legionnaire.

• My dear lady,

The cruelty of death has intruded many times, and for all that experience, I know that, right now, there are no words of consolation---no matter how well chosen, how sympathetic, how heartfelt---that can bring solace to you and Mark's friends and family and loved ones.  Not now.  This is the time when the piercing of your hearts holds sway.

And we cannot assuage that, no matter how much, how badly, we want to.

But, still, we will try.  It's what human beings do for each other in times of sorrow.

For my own small part, may I offer this:  some day, some morning, you'll hear a voice or a ring of laughter or you'll see a gesture or an expression, or some other reminder, in some fashion, will come your way, and you'll smile to yourself and think, "That's just like Mark."  And you'll treasure the sudden memory of his voice, his laughter, his smile.  And you won't even realise that the pain has been salved by his presence in your memories and in your heart.

That is the legacy of a good life, as Mark so surely led.

Until that day comes, I wish you all the strength you need to endure the grief of your loss.  That is, no less, the wish of all of us here, who welcomed him and respected him as a fellow Legionnaire.

From Cheryl and myself, our deepest condolences.

Rest in Peace, Legionnaire . . . .

1936070299?profile=original

• Oh my gosh.  I'm so very, very sorry to hear this.  Mark was a gift to the Legion.  My condolences to his family.

• Shame - one less good guy in the world.

• I was doing some research on the Russian language a few years ago when I recalled Mark was a translator at one time.  I emailed him, and he went out of his way to help and offer advice on what I was doing.  He was a great guy.  I hadn't had the opportunity to catch up with him for a while, and I regret that now.

He was a good guy, and I'm going to miss him.

• I'm sorry to hear this. I did not know him well. His activity on the board was dwindling when I joined about 5 years ago. From the few interactions I had with him he was a very nice and positive guy.

• When a friend of friends passes, it's like a friend of mine has passed. My condolences to all.

This reply was deleted.