Many years ago, I taught folklore at a summer camp(we had new campers each week of different ages, from 8-15). At the time, the folklore class was pretty unstructured, so I could more or less do as I pleased. Sometimes I told ghost stories, sometimes sports games, sometimes mythology, whatever I thought might be entertaining to the kids. One of the most useful things we did was two minute mysteries, as they allowed me to be lazy.

The basic rules are as follows: a scenario is laid before the people playing, and you're allowed to ask as many yes/no questions as you like to determine the answer. The answer to the question may also be 'Irrelevant' if it has no bearing on the solution.

I request the following :

* One question per post

* If you already know the answer, please keep it to yourself and let others play. Same with Googling the answer.

Once the scenario is solved, the person who solves it gets to post a new one OR they can pass it back to someone else who's interested (FYI, I'm happy to post more).

So here's the first scenario:

A man is found dead, surrounded by 52 bicycles. What happened?

Views: 20073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It tasted different.
Was one of the two instances of turtle soup not actually turtle soup, but some other kind of soup?

These answers aren't easy either. I'm going to say no, he did not directly harm someone else. 

Peter Wrexham said:

This is getting complicated!  Had he actually harmed someone else?

Yes

JD DeLuzio said:

It tasted different.
Was one of the two instances of turtle soup not actually turtle soup, but some other kind of soup?

Was the soup he ate just before committing suicide not actually turtle soup?

No

JD DeLuzio said:

Was the soup he ate just before committing suicide not actually turtle soup?

I'm confused.  Does that mean it wasn't turtle soup, or it wasn't not turtle soup?

Was he actually eating human soup (i.e., soup made from a human)?

The question was phrased oddly. I took it to mean "was the soup he ate at the restaurant mock turtle soup ?" 

Peter Wrexham said:

I'm confused.  Does that mean it wasn't turtle soup, or it wasn't not turtle soup?

Could you rephrase the question please? According to the clues given, he ate more than one bowl of soup. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Was he actually eating human soup (i.e., soup made from a human)?

How about:

1. Was he eating human soup in the restaurant?

2. Was he eating human soup the time he ate "turtle soup" that was not in the restaurant?

Was it accidentally eating "human soup" which led him to commit suicide?

1. No

2., Yes

JD DeLuzio said:

How about:

1. Was he eating human soup in the restaurant?

2. Was he eating human soup the time he ate "turtle soup" that was not in the restaurant?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Captain Comics posted a discussion
7 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Bozo the Robot appears regularly (with new dialogue) in Sham Comics."
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Debuting in Quality's Smash Comics #1(Au'39) and preceding Doll Man's…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"While everyone is in the mood. allow me to recommend Peanuts: A Tribute to Charles M.…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
""Neutro does not know the difference between right and wrong." Here's what my guide…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here's what the last few lines of the index now look like. Despite initial worries that…"
5 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I managed to get through the entire "Classrooms" month without posting a single Archie…"
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm not sure that Neutro can qualify as a "hero" if they don't know right from…"
6 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Bender as another movie robot. Image courtesy of GCD"
6 hours ago
PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"ClarkKent_DC is a gentleman and a scholar! What's the strip after Marmaduke?"
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"It's Bender's grandfather!"
7 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service