Many years ago, I taught folklore at a summer camp(we had new campers each week of different ages, from 8-15). At the time, the folklore class was pretty unstructured, so I could more or less do as I pleased. Sometimes I told ghost stories, sometimes sports games, sometimes mythology, whatever I thought might be entertaining to the kids. One of the most useful things we did was two minute mysteries, as they allowed me to be lazy.

The basic rules are as follows: a scenario is laid before the people playing, and you're allowed to ask as many yes/no questions as you like to determine the answer. The answer to the question may also be 'Irrelevant' if it has no bearing on the solution.

I request the following :

* One question per post

* If you already know the answer, please keep it to yourself and let others play. Same with Googling the answer.

Once the scenario is solved, the person who solves it gets to post a new one OR they can pass it back to someone else who's interested (FYI, I'm happy to post more).

So here's the first scenario:

A man is found dead, surrounded by 52 bicycles. What happened?

Views: 18645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got this one from an snime:

A writer misses his deadline, but nit only does he not get into any trouble but his editors thank him

That has happened to me before, so my question is:

Was it for a project that the writer didn't know had been canceled?

Is the SNIME you got it from the Société Normande d'Installation et de Maintenance Électrique?

Randy Jackson said:

A writer misses his deadline, but nit only does he not get into any trouble but his editors thank him

No

Lee Houston, Junior said:

That has happened to me before, so my question is:

Was it for a project that the writer didn't know had been canceled?

No. And I thought I typed "anime". My bad. 

JD DeLuzio said:

Is the SNIME you got it from the Société Normande d'Installation et de Maintenance Électrique?

Randy Jackson said:

Do the editors thank the writer for missing his deadline?

To Peter: Not any I've ever dealt with.

Yes

Peter Wrexham said:

Do the editors thank the writer for missing his deadline?

Is the deadline for a piece of writing?

No

Peter Wrexham said:

Is the deadline for a piece of writing?

Does "deadline" in this question refer to the date/time when something is due?

No

Peter Wrexham said:

Does "deadline" in this question refer to the date/time when something is due?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"According to Wikipedia, the episodes have a "Running time 37–54 minutes."…"
3 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Randy Jackson's discussion One Piece hits over 500 million in print
"I've never read the books or watched the show, but I have friends who are HUGE fans of the…"
5 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I have no problem with a Joe Kubert spotlight month in September. I also don't have a problem…"
6 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I didn't enjoy the comic book series enough, for various reasons, to even finish it, so I…"
9 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: Aug. 8-14, 2022
"I'm glad you said that you've read the setup a million times. That's the way it…"
10 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I Think We're Alone Now is a post-apocalyptic movie we stumbled across on ... Prime, maybe?…"
12 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Captain Comics's discussion This Week in Comics: Aug. 8-14, 2022
"Also, dead or not, they're right. Blacksad is awesome. It's like Ed Brubaker stories…"
17 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I have ordered the three deluxe Paper Girls books. I think that's the whole series. I have…"
21 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion RIP Olivia Newton-John
"After fighting against it for years, her cancer came back, in the base of her spine. Grease was a…"
36 minutes ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"On a much happier note, I'm really pleased to hear your positive reactions to the proposal to…"
49 minutes ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Devastated to hear the news of the sudden untimely death of the wonderful Olivia Newton-John, aged…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #118: This issue begins with Tefé in The Dreaming. She is 20 months old at this…"
1 hour ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service