Has anyone seen the 58th issue of the incredible Jack Kirby Collector from TwoMorrows publications?

I want to call your attention to it for a number of reasons.

Not only is it priced at $19.95  for this trade paperback massive issue, but it counts as two on your subscription. The Wonder Years (TJKC #58)  (Now on sale for $16.95 direct from TwoMorrows!)

It is a labor or love that looks not at the storyline and plot of the first 102 issues, but at the collaboration between Stan and Jack, as they create the FF mythos...the highs, the lows, the dropped plot threads, The good inkers, the bad inkers, and the six annuals as well.

If you're just looking for a record of the first 102 issues, then the Grand Comic Book Database will suffice.

But this is an insightful look at the climate, the developments, the rumors, myths and legends behind those first ten years that comprise the birth of the Marvel Age of Comics.  Plus, there's a running commentary, "At A Glance", of each of the issues in the order they came out. It's WONDERFUL!

And, sadly, the author of this mamoth labor of love, Mark Alexander DIED after mailing the manuscript to TwoMorrows.

He was a kid just a year older than I am, and caught the bug of the FF just a little ahead of me, but his passion, insight and opinions perfectly mirror my own.  I kept finding myself say "Uh huh, that's right" and nodding my head at each new revelation and discussion.

I strongly recommend that you consider purchasing this one volume to keep on your shelf.  The Wonder Years (TJKC #58) 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there any mention of what happened with #108?
This reply was deleted.