To-day , I spent two bucks on a National Edition copy of the paper New York Times* (In fact even buying yesterdays' still-on-stock as well for a reason that relates to another currently ongoing post here at CC - can you guess what it is?????) . To-day is Friday .

Friday now being the general " movies open then " day , the Grey Lady's " more populist " of their two Arts sections reviewed I guess every " mainstream " movie that opened in Manhattan to-day , meaning , I guess , " at least a one-week run in a  ' mainstream ' commercial movie house " .

There were 14 of them :

Bal (Honey)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules

Drawing With Chalk

Illegal

I Travel Because I Have To , I Come Back Because I Love You

Korkoro

Mia And The Migoo

Miral

Mists

One Hundred Mornings

Peep World

Potiche (Trophy Wife)

Sucker Punch

White Irish Drinkers .

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...I bought a national Grey Lady again this last Friday and.........

There were TWENTY-FIVE movies opening in NYC that day and reviewed therein !

TWENTY-FIVE .

REALLY .

...20 yesterday (19 reviewed) .

...Okay , maybe (Yeah . Right .) I'll let this lie after this ~ but , I bought a TIMES today ~ and there were 17 movies reviewed . Seventeen .

Look , am I correct or not that there are , in sheer number , a whole lot of movies given some sort of theatrical U.S. release , (Like , a week in New York - Yes ,proably including no-hoper contractual oligatiojn/test/" throw it at the wall" releases and highly " arty " " inner lives of Upper Ukrainian yak herders super-indies .) even if most of them make rather little impression ???

I write for the Village Voice, doing film reviews here and there. There are a *ton* of movies that open in the city every week -- and more if you start reviewing re-releases and new stuff on-demand.

...Do you write as Rob ???

I think I still , in theory , get the VOICE's cyber-version at a basically nonused address of mine ~ I bought it/pickde it up regular for so many years when I hung my hat in the area .

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

I write for the Village Voice, doing film reviews here and there. There are a *ton* of movies that open in the city every week -- and more if you start reviewing re-releases and new stuff on-demand.

Yep, I use my name. I mostly write short reviews of horror and suspense movies, and geek-centric entries for the Voice Choices weekly calendar. Every so often, I get a longer piece in. In interviewed Scott McCloud and Mimi Pond about their recent graphic novels, for instance, and I've done graphic novel roundups for the last two NY Comicons.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service