I love Blackest Night, but I am tired of everyone assuming there will be a white lantern (or lanterns). It's too easy to go there--I think Geoff Johns is a better writer than that. Infact -- If there's a white lantern, I'll frickin, wear white underpants (tighty whiteys), and run down the street -- That's how positive I am that isn't going to happen. It's too predictable and he's quite good at throwing curve balls. I could see white energy from the various rings being combined, but I just don't see an actual white lantern or lanterns.

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doc Beechler said:
Can we get pictures, Larfleeze?

Sadly, I think no one will believe I manned up otherwise.
Cavalier said:
Larfleeze said:
I just read Blackest Night #7.

I'm very disappointed.

I expected more out of Geoff Johns.
Don't give up on him yet, my friend. I'm sure he'll surprise us. Heavens, even the identity of the first White Lantern was a shocker. Who'd've seen that coming?

It was definitely the double shocker for me. While I'm disappointed in Geoff, Sinestro was most unexpected.
Larfleeze said:
Dagwan said:
Please provide a good quality video of you running down the street in your underwear. I hate videos with poor quality.

I don't have a camcorder.

I'm sure someone will let you borrow one. Most digital cameras have a video function too!

:P

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Dagwan said:
Please provide a good quality video of you running down the street in your underwear. I hate videos with poor quality.
So... who's gonna need a ring? ;)

{jumps up and down, waving hand in the air}
Rob Staeger said:
Batmatt Beyond said:
I love how DC assumes we all buy/read our comics on new comics day. The DCU blog has already revealed the end of Blackest Night #7. Sigh...

Oof. Sorry that was spoiled for you, BattMatt. Whenever I'm a day or two late picking up my comics, I avoid most comics news sites like the plague.

Me, too. However, the fact that this thread was so active right after BN #7 came out was enough to tell me that there was indeed a White Lantern. I still didn't know the identity, though, so I wasn't spoiled for everything.
Chris Fluit said:
Rob Staeger said:
Batmatt Beyond said:
I love how DC assumes we all buy/read our comics on new comics day. The DCU blog has already revealed the end of Blackest Night #7. Sigh...

Oof. Sorry that was spoiled for you, BattMatt. Whenever I'm a day or two late picking up my comics, I avoid most comics news sites like the plague.

Me, too. However, the fact that this thread was so active right after BN #7 came out was enough to tell me that there was indeed a White Lantern. I still didn't know the identity, though, so I wasn't spoiled for everything.
That's why I started a separate thread just for BN #7 instead of discussing it here right away. Alas, it only helped for a few hours at best.
The result of this bet is on display on the Newarama message boards under the same name.

Lesson: Never make a bet you can't back up. Always follow through.
Underlying Lesson: DON'T MAKE SUCKER/STUPID BETS. Or better yet, DON'T MAKE BETS.

I have only one question; now that you've lost them, who gets the pants? (and NO THANKS, I don't want them, no offense.)
bravo!
"The Devil took my pants." Black Panther, Everett K. Ross speaking.
For the folks here needing proof:

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/cc1lfz/l_b8aacfd496d632ff4...

There. Now I'm a man of my word.
Larfleeze said:

Wow, the...um...Tightie Whities Lantern...?
Welcome to the White Lanterns Corp

Larfleeze said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service