I love Blackest Night, but I am tired of everyone assuming there will be a white lantern (or lanterns). It's too easy to go there--I think Geoff Johns is a better writer than that. Infact -- If there's a white lantern, I'll frickin, wear white underpants (tighty whiteys), and run down the street -- That's how positive I am that isn't going to happen. It's too predictable and he's quite good at throwing curve balls. I could see white energy from the various rings being combined, but I just don't see an actual white lantern or lanterns.

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you still have the other rings available?

Dagwan said:
Please provide a good quality video of you running down the street in your underwear. I hate videos with poor quality.

So... who's gonna need a ring?

;)

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

I love how DC assumes we all buy/read our comics on new comics day. The DCU blog has already revealed the end of Blackest Night #7. Sigh...
David Warren said:
Do you still have the other rings available?

I do. PM me with your address.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Can we get pictures, Larfleeze?
Easier if I give you the link, I think - and it's a payoff from Rebirth...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/25/two-amazing-green-lantern-5...

Doc Beechler said:
Mike Williams said:
Easier if I give you the link, I think - and it's a payoff from Rebirth...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/25/two-amazing-green-lantern-5...

Doc Beechler said:

No, I meant of him running down the street in his tighty whiteys.
I just read Blackest Night #7.

I'm very disappointed.

I expected more out of Geoff Johns.
Larfleeze said:

I'm very disappointed.

You can wait until it's around 40-degrees to run down the street...we'll wait.
Larfleeze said:

I'm very disappointed.

Don't give up on him yet, my friend. I'm sure he'll surprise us. Heavens, even the identity of the first White Lantern was a shocker. Who'd've seen that coming?
Cavalier said:
Larfleeze said:

I'm very disappointed.

Don't give up on him yet, my friend. I'm sure he'll surprise us. Heavens, even the identity of the first White Lantern was a shocker. Who'd've seen that coming?

I agree. Serial fiction is a tricky business. The White Lantern thing in a certain sense is *too* obvious -- there are plot elements that point toward it, as well as a host of thematic and cultural elements that point in the same direction. So much so that telling the story *without* a White Lantern could wind up unsatisfying, which is just as big a trap as an obvious ending. So Johns's problem was: How can he take this element of the conclusion that everyone expects, and *still* make it surprising?

And with the ending of BN #&, I think he did just that.

Still, though -- bad news about your pants. Any particular place you're thinking of putting that White Lantern ring?
Batmatt Beyond said:
I love how DC assumes we all buy/read our comics on new comics day. The DCU blog has already revealed the end of Blackest Night #7. Sigh...

Oof. Sorry that was spoiled for you, BattMatt. Whenever I'm a day or two late picking up my comics, I avoid most comics news sites like the plague.
Dagwan said:
Please provide a good quality video of you running down the street in your underwear. I hate videos with poor quality.

I don't have a camcorder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service