3rd ISSUES OF BATMAN, TEEN TITANS 100-PAGE GIANT COMICS SHIP TO PARTICIPATING WALMART STORES TODAY

Batman Anthology Features Part One of 12-Part Original Story “Batman Universe,” from Award-Winning Writer Brian Michael Bendis with art by Nick Derington

Teen Titans 100-Page Giant Continues Original TEEN TITANS Story by Dan Jurgens and Scot Eaton

On the heels of Tom King and Andy Kubert’s debut in the exclusive-to-Walmart Superman 100-page Giant #3, Batman fans of all stripes will get their own dose of superstar talent as issue #3 of the Batman 100-page Giant ships to stores, featuring part one of an original 12-part story, “Batman Universe,” written by Brian Michael Bendis, (SUPERMAN, ACTION COMICS, JINXWORLD) with art by Nick Derington (MISTER MIRACLE, DOOM PATROL).

Along with colorist Dave Stewart and letterer Josh Reed, Bendis and Derington weave a tale that leads Batman on a wild goose chase spanning the DC universe, tracking down a mysterious artifact that contains the literal key to evolution. But Vandal Savage has his own plans for this artifact and the Dark Knight will have his hands full in stopping the evil immortal before he gains control of both the key and humanity as well.

For a behind the scenes look at crafting this original Batman epic, check out an exclusive interview with Bendis and Derington at SyFy.com.

The Batman Giant also includes chapters from the iconic Jeph Loeb/Jim Lee story BATMAN: HUSH, as well as Kyle Higgins and Eddy Barrows’ “Welcome to Gotham,” and Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Chad Hardin’s “Hot in the City,” from the New 52 NIGHTWING and HARLEY QUINN.

Arriving with the Batman Giant is issue #3 of the Teen Titans Giant, featuring “Enter… The Disruptor,” a new chapter of the original six-part Teen Titans story by Dan Jurgens (BATMAN BEYOND, GREEN LANTERNS) and Scot Eaton, plus more from from Geoff Johns’ version of the Teen Titans from The New 52 (with art by Mike McKone), Peter J. Tomasi and Jorge Jimenez’ Super Sons from REBIRTH and New Age of Heroes Sideways, by Kenneth Rocafort, Dan DiDio and Justin Jordan.

Each 100-page Giant sells for $4.99 and should arrive at all participating Walmart locations throughout North America by Sunday, September 23. To find your nearest Walmart location, check out the store finder page at www.walmart.com.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've picked up a few of these now, and they're a lot of fun. And some -- like the Batman book -- are almost entirely "new to me" material, so it's a bargain, too!

I'll be interested in seeing these titles mature, and which features will be swapped out for others once the initial stories are done. I imagine JLA GIANT will be replacing Flash once he's got his own book (presumably after the Mob Rule story concludes in issue 6). Maybe with Cyborg? 

And I wonder if Silencer might find her way into BATMAN Giant? If I were replacing Harley Quinn (she's one of my guesses for the other new ongoing), that fits the pattern of getting the New Age of DC characters more exposure.  

• I keep thinking about these Walmart titles, and what I'd reprint in them after certain stories wrap up. 

But one thing I hadn't thought of until today was the upcoming Swamp Thing 100-Page Giant Special for Halloween. If it follows the format of the other books, it'll have three reprints and one new story. What would you reprint? And to make it even trickier, think about it with these parameters:

1) 1 reprint for each feature. So assume a Swamp Thing 12-page lead, and a Swamp Thing reprint. Then two more horror books.

2) Unlike the other Giants, this is a one-shot, so no continued stories.

3) Let's assume the reprint parameters of the other books -- which means at this point, no reprints before 2003. (Which is the approximate dates of the Teen Titans series being reprinted, as well as the Superman/Batman and Hush storylines being reprinted in the Superman and Batman Giants.)

I'd go with Swamp Thing and Hellblazer for reprints...and then what would the third one be? Maybe there's a good done in one of the Levitz Dr. Fate issue from a few years back? Or Justice League Dark, or Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE? The New 52 I, Vampire series struck me as a largely serial comic, but maybe iZombie has a nice single issue story to run?

• The cat's somewhat out of the bag for the Swamp Thing Halloween Horror 100-Page Giant: Itt's got a new Swamp Thing story by Azzarello and Capullo, and then from what the cover looks like it reprints the Batman story Night of the Reaper (from the 70s! A breakthrough, timewise) and then "Midnight Offering in the Black Bayou" -- a story I don't recognize by the title. Characters listed on the top include Zatanna, Blue Devil, Aquaman, and Scarecrow. Gonna be a weird one!

• Oooh, this sounds sweet. And it has to be coming out pretty soon, no?

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

The cat's somewhat out of the bag for the Swamp Thing Halloween Horror 100-Page Giant: Itt's got a new Swamp Thing story by Azzarello and Capullo, and then from what the cover looks like it reprints the Batman story Night of the Reaper (from the 70s! A breakthrough, timewise) and then "Midnight Offering in the Black Bayou" -- a story I don't recognize by the title. Characters listed on the top include Zatanna, Blue Devil, Aquaman, and Scarecrow. Gonna be a weird one!

• Capullo's post on Twitter said it would be out on Sunday.

• Here's a link to DC's page for the Swamp Thing Giant.

Interestingly, it's running more stories, and shorter ones. There are a couple I recognize from the Infinite Halloween special from 2007, and there's an Aquaman/Demon team-up from Brave & Bold, of all things. 

Should be a good book!

• Shorter stories gives a House of Mystery/House of Secrets vibe, and that's OK by me!

• ...I lost two drafts SOB :-(.
  • Just to let folks now: I just picked up the Swamp Thing Halloween Horror 100 page Giant.  So it’s out there, at least in my neck of the woods.

• I just picked it up today. Has anyone seen Superman 4 or Justice League 4? I think they were supposed to be out last week, but they weren't at my Walmart...and I see on DC's website they're now listed for Sunday, Oct. 21, along with the Batman and Teen Titans issues. 

This reply was deleted.