Thirteenth Doctor Countdown

With the Thirteenth Doctor in DOCTOR WHO, "the Doctor She", if I might be forgiven, ____ ____, to be introduced in her first episode of a regular season (series) oo-morrow -- let's chatter Gallifreyian!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jodie Whittaker, of course. Ms. Whittaker is the13th Doctor. You try to start a line, realizing you don't remember a name (snd are on a a touch dodgy?? - I'm sorry, phone! - phone, as you are in transit), put a placeholder up - and can't get the " Options " button to respond when you come back!

• ...Too-morrow, the first full Whittaker series starts, with a " Global Simulcast ', which will be at 10:45 AM here in California. So, 6:45 PM in the UK - Is Doctor Who still considered by the BBC to be a " children's programme " at least older ones? Is the Americanism " tweens " used much in Blighty?

I am now watching the how-DW-began drama " Adventure In Space And Time " on BBC America.

• I'm looking forward to it, but, due to a long story, I most likely won't get to see any of them until they come out on DVD.  :(

As for it being a "kid's show", it seems to be mostly "kid-friendly" these days, although there's been an episode or two that I'd think twice before letting a little kid watch it.

• If I started my Doctor Who adventure here, would that work? Or do I have to go watch the first 1,676,982 shows that preceded this one first to understand and/or enjoy?

• Since I haven't seen the episode yet, it's hard to say for sure, but they usually try to make a new Doctor's first episode a good jumping-on point.

Captain Comics said:

If I started my Doctor Who adventure here, would that work? Or do I have to go watch the first 1,676,982 shows that preceded this one first to understand and/or enjoy?

• ...Counting down now to the first full Whittaker episode...A presumably USA-rxclusive " Watch Party " is finishing up on BBC America now...So you've never seen it, or rad any Who material, Captain?
  • ...I was remembering FAMILY AFFAIR, but that was JOHNNY Witakker!
  • ...Whittaker. for the Sixties kid...The DW episode I'd past 20 minutes in. and there hasn't been a titles sequence yet! Trying for a " movie -style " end titles sequence?
  • Has the new Doctor Who begun yet? I'll set my DVR.

• 1)It's impossible to watch all of the original series, as 97 episodes from the first two Doctors are still missing.

2)It's possible to enjoy the new series without having seen any of the original series, although the new series is full of old series references for those of us who know it well.

This reply was deleted.