GENRE TV

Stargirl, "Stars and Stripe Part One" (DCUniverse, Aug. 3)

Stargirl, "Stars and Stripe Part One" (The CW, Aug. 4)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Brand New Day" (ABC, Aug. 5)

Star Trek: Lower Decks, "Second Contact" (CBS All Access, Aug. 6)

Doom Patrol, “Wax Patrol” (DCUniverse, Aug. 6)

Wynonna Earp, "Look at Them Beans" (Syfy, Aug. 9)

NOS4A2, "Chris McQueen" (AMC, Aug. 9)

Marvel Storyboards, Episode 3 featuring Christian Borle (Marvel YouTube Channel, Aug. 6)

Joe Quesada with Christian Borle

VIDEO

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons Digital

BURBANK, CA – Go behind the mask and into the deep backstory of one of DC’s most revered anti-heroes in Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons, a new entry in the popular series of DC Animated Movies. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Blue Ribbon Content and DC, the feature-length animated film will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital starting August 4, 2020, and on Blu-ray Combo Pack on August 18, 2020.

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack (USA $24.98 SRP; Canada $29.98 SRP), which features a Blu-ray disc with the film in hi-definition, a DVD with the film in standard definition, and a digital version of the movie.

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons offers a new take on the Deathstroke legacy. Mercenary and master assassin Slade Wilson leads two lives: one as the relentless killer known as Deathstroke, and the other as a dedicated family man. When these worlds collide, forced together by the vicious terror group known as H.I.V.E., it is the killer in Slade who must fight to save his loved ones, as well as what remains of himself. With his soul torn apart and his young son held captive, Deathstroke will have to atone for the sins of his past to fuel the battles of his future!

Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Michael Chiklis (The Shield, The Commish, American Horror Story: Freak Show) headlines the cast as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, alongside Sasha Alexander (Rizzoli & Isles, Shameless, NCIS) as Wilson’s wife, Adeline “Addie” Kane Wilson. The cast also includes Chris Jai Alex (ThunderCats Roar, Extraction) as The Jackal, Faye Mata (League of Legends) as Jade/H.I.V.E Queen, Griffin Puatu (Beastars) as Joseph/Jericho, Imari Williams (Transformers: Rescue Bots, LEGO DC: Shazam! Magic and Monsters) as President Nichols, Asher Bishop (The Angry Birds Movie 2) as Young Joseph, Colin Salmon (Krypton, Arrow, Die Another Day) as William Wintergreen, Delbert Hunt (Bad Henry) as Bronze Tiger, Panta Mosleh (Always Be My Maybe, Pass The Salt) as Lady Shiva, and Noshir Dalal (Red Dead Redemption II) as Kapoor, Castulo Guerra (The Usual Suspects, Jane The Virgin) as General Suarez, and Minae Noji (General Hospital) as Secretary of State.

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons has been produced in a dual format – initially as animated shorts, the first five of which appeared on CW Seed. With a runtime of 87 minutes, the feature-length Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons film has nearly 50 minutes of never-before-seen content, including the film’s thrilling climax. The film is rated R for bloody violence/gore, language, disturbing images, and some sexual content.

Sung Jin Ahn (Niko and the Sword of Light) directs the film from a script by J.M. DeMatteis (Superman: Red Son, Batman: Bad Blood). Sam Register, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter serve as executive producers.

“Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons gives DC Animated Movies’ their first true look into the complicated backstory of one of DC’s most controversial characters – Deathstroke is sometimes villain, sometimes anti-hero, and always deadly,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Senior Vice President, Originals, Animation and Family Marketing. “Michael Chiklis does an incredible job capturing the ruthless approach and conflicted internal struggles of Deathstroke.”

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons Special Features

Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital

Deathstroke: One-Man Death Machine (New Featurette) – Some think he’s a villain. To others, he’s an unsung hero of secret wars fought all over the world. One thing’s for certain: When you see the orange-and-black mask, Deathstroke is coming!

Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On August 4, 2020, Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons will be available to own in high definition and standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, the Apple TV app, FandangoNOW, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On August 18, 2020, Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP

Blu-ray Combo Pack $24.98 USA, $29.98 Canada

Blu-ray Languages: English, Spanish, French

Blu-ray Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Running Time: 87 minutes

Rated R for bloody violence/gore, language, disturbing images, and some sexual content.

DIGITAL COMICS

Funny Creek (comiXology, Aug. 4)

Every child loves getting dressed up like their favorite character. But what happens when a child’s admiration for that fictional character goes too far?

ComiXology, Amazon’s premier digital comics service, and Stout Club Entertainment present Funny Creek, a 5-issue limited series debuting weekly beginning August 4 about the power of pop culture idols and overcoming guilt. Co-written by Rafael Scavone and Rafael Albuquerque with art by Eduardo Medeiros, colors by Priscilla Tramontano, letters by Bernardo Brice, and edited by Bis Stringer Horne. Funny Creek will be available simultaneously in both English and Portuguese.

Funny Creek is the first of four comic books coming out of the comiXology Originals multi-book deal with Stout Club Entertainment. Best known as the Eisner, Harvey and Inkpot Award winning artist for American Vampire, this series marks Albuquerque’s chance to explore a different role: as writer.

Set in 1985, young children Lilly and Andy are great friends who both admire the animated wild-west themed TV show Funny Creek. When a terrible tragedy occurs, Lilly finds herself trapped inside her favorite cartoon inhabited by good boys, bad boys and clowns. But the bright world of Funny Creek isn’t as far from the pains of the real world as she had hoped. She joins with Clumsy and Cody to face the devilish villains of Cold Joe and his gang of goons in a showdown in Funny Creek Town. But being a hero isn’t as simple as she thought. As Lilly is pushed deeper into the adventure she is forced to deal with the consequences of her actions—not only inside The Funny Creek show, but also in the real world—and must overcome her troubles and make her way home.

“Funny Creek is a very dear project that we’ve been planning for years with Eduardo Medeiros, our longtime friend and partner in the Stout Club,” say writers Rafael Albuquerque & Rafael Scavone. “In many ways, it’s a story about friendship. It’s also a story about growing up in a culture that idolizes violence, a place we all have been as children. It’s a very special project for the three of us, a story we believe needs to be told. So, it’s a pleasure to have it as our debut title on comiXology and Kindle across the globe.”

“We’ve wanted to collaborate in a new project for a long time and finally decided on a book aimed for young readers, which is not our comfort zone at all,” says Albuquerque. “While brainstorming ideas, heavy subjects kept coming to our minds, and we decided that we should not avoid, but embrace them—figuring out how an 8-year old kid would deal with things like loss, guilt and grief. That was the path where we found something unique and interesting for both young and mature audiences.”

Funny Creek deals with the banalization of violence on our society and its potential consequences. Scavone, Albuquerque and Medeiros' simple "cartoon" characters become deeper and more layered than at first sight. It is a powerful and poignant story about childhood innocence, violence in society and how children process trauma and cope with guilt.

“Guilt is a tough subject for adults to deal with, but it’s even harder from a child’s point of view,” says Scavone. ”The most beautiful in how children communicate — and the most challenging to someone trying to represent it! — is that it is absolutely simple, and yet so rich in meanings. I faced many of my dilemmas as a young and as an adult Rafael, while writing this story. And each time I see Eduardo’s unique art over my script it gives me a sense of magic and growing up.”

“This is a project which I put my heart in,” says Medeiros. “We spent almost three years meeting, exchanging ideas, writing and rewriting to reach what Funny Creek has become. It's a comic that tells a lot about what we believe and I see very clearly each one of us in it. It was and will always be a pleasure to work with my talented friends Rafael Scavone and Rafael Albuquerque and I couldn't be prouder of the final result. Courage, Loyalty and Joy!”

Harley Quinn: Black + White + Red Chapter Seven, “Give Me a Break” (Aug. 7)

Written and drawn by ERICA HENDERSON

Some people burn their ex’s belongings as a way of putting their past behind them. When Harley Quinn does it, she takes her whole apartment building with her, which causes more than a little friction with her roommate Poison Ivy, who’s something of a stickler when it comes to not almost dying in a fire. The legendary partners come to blows in this cautionary tale for the ages!

COMICS

ABSTRACT STUDIOS

Five Years v2: Stalemate

AC COMICS

Superbabes Starring Femforce #4

ACTION LAB

The Citizen #1 (digital only)

Published by Action Lab Entertainment, THE CITIZEN is the story of one ordinary man trying to live his life in a city populated only by superheroes and villains, and the everyday struggle of being the only person in the city to truly be powerless. The book regularly pokes fun at the idea of what superheroes are meant to be and their relationships with the citizen they're sworn to protect. It's an inverted Superman story with a little bit of Office Space thrown in for good measure.

When asked why people would enjoy THE CITIZEN, writer Charlie McFarland said, "Because I think the thought of being normal when you're surrounded by others who seem spectacular is a feeling shared by many comic book readers." He went on to say that the takeaway from the story is, "This series is meant to explore the idea of heroism. The idea that anyone can be a hero, not just people who put on a uniform and try to make it their full-time job."

Charlie also shared his personal history with the story: "I wrote the first issue of this series several years ago when I felt like I was at my lowest point. It's easy sometimes to feel like everyone else in the world is more successful or happier than you are at any given time. It really can feel like you're surrounded by superheroes."

Sweet Heart #3 (Of 5)

Zombie Tramp #71

AFTERSHOCK COMICS
Disaster Inc #2

AMERICAN MYTHOLOGY

Carson Of Venus: Eye Of Amtor #2

ANTARCTIC PRESS

Gold Digger #273

Patriotika #1

Teether #4 (Of 4)

ARCHIE COMICS

Archie & Friends Forever TPB

Archie: Explorers Of The Unknown TPB

Archie Jumbo Comics Digest #311

B & V Friends Jumbo Comics Digest #282

ARTISTS WRITERS & ARTISANS

Bad Mother #1

A WAVE BLUE WORLD

Broken Frontier GN

The Killing Jar GN

BOOM STUDIOS

Buffy The Vampire Slayer #16

FCBD 2020 Lumberjanes Farewell To Summer

Firefly Legacy Deluxe Edition HC

Ghosted In LA v1 TPB

Jim Henson: Storyteller—Ghosts #4 (Of 4)

Jim Henson’s Down At Fraggle Rock TPB Complete

King Of Nowhere #4 (Of 5)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #50 (2nd Ptg)

DARK HORSE

Alien Original Screenplay #1 (Of 5)

MILWAUKIE, Ore., (January 16, 2020)—Dark Horse Comics and Twentieth Century Fox, with writer Cristiano Seixas, artist Guilherme Balbi (Predators, Superboy), and colorist Candice Han, adapted from the screenplay written by Dan O’Bannon, brings you Alien: The Original Screenplay.

Alien: The Original Screenplay presents an alternate line of events initially conceived by Dan O’Bannon before it became the Alien motion picture manuscript.

En route to back to Earth, the crew of the starship Snark intercepts an alien transmission. Their investigation leads them to a desolate planetoid, a crashed alien spacecraft, and a pyramidic structure of unknown origin. Then the terror begins . . .

Alien: The Original Screenplay #1 (of five) goes on sale April 22, 2020, just in time for Alien Day celebrated on April 26th! Alien: The Original Screenplay is available for pre-order at your local comic shop.

Praise for William Gibson’s Alien 3: The Unproduced Screenplay:

"If you're a fan of the Alien franchise or you're a fan of the Alien comics, there's enough here to get people excited.”–The Fandom Post

“I just love big 'what ifs' when it comes to unproduced screenplays. Johnnie Christmas' adaptation of William Gibson’s unproduced Alien 3 screenplay was such a...a very compelling look at what the movie might've been and would’ve looked like if handled by the father of cyberpunk.”–The Beat

"Cinema’s loss is comic books' gain in William Gibson’s Alien 3.” – Newsarama 

Resident Alien Omnibus v1 TPB

DC COMICS

Aquaman v2: Amnesty TPB

Batman #96

Written by JAMES TYNION IV

Art by JORGE JIMENEZ

Cover by GUILLEM MARCH

Card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA

Clownhunter card stock variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC

CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US

Reeling from the effects of the worst Joker toxin attack ever, Batman is on the run through Gotham City, pursued by the dark shadows and voices that haunt his past and present! As The Joker’s plan materializes, the only person who can save Batman from the brink of true madness is … Harley Quinn?! Plus, who is the mysterious new figure known as Clownhunter?

Batman: The Adventures Continue #3 (of 6)

Collapser TPB

Dark Nights: Death Metal—Legends of Dark Knights #1 one-shot

Cover by Tony S. Daniel! This one-shot features stories from DC’s Dark Multiverse by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Peter J. Tomasi, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, Daniel Warren Johnson, Frank Tieri, Tony S. Daniel, Jim Cheung, Joëlle Jones, Riley Rossmo, and Francesco Francavilla.

In this collection of short tales where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, learn the terrifying secrets of the new Bats Out of Hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is unimaginable! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and … how did Batman turn into a killer robot dinosaur?

DC Classics: The Batman Adventures #3

DCeased: Dead Planet #1 (of 6) 2nd Ptg
After a corrupted Anti-Life Equation turned billions into monsters-including Earth's Greatest Heroes-our planet was as good as dead in DCeased: Dead Planet #1. But hope is not lost, because this sold-out issue is set to return in a new, second printing!

DCeased: Dead Planet #1 Second Printing will feature a black and white version of the original cover art by David Finch, and reprints the story written by Tom Taylor with art by Trevor Hairsine, Stefano Gaudiano, Gigi Baldissini, Rain Beredo and Saida Temofonte. This new printing is set to arrive in stores on August 4.

THR’s Heat Vision calls DCeased: Dead Planet “a tense and surprisingly fun read as the next-generation Justice League tries to do the right thing in the worst possible situation” while Newsamara says this debut issue "will engage you, surprise you, and will ultimately turn everything we know about this series on its head...(it) might even be better than the first series."

If you didn’t pick up DCeased: Dead Planet #1 when it hit shelves, you can catch up with Dinah Lance Queen, Damian Wayne, Jon Kent, and Cassie Sandsmark—the Green Canary, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman of Earth 2—on August 4 as they respond to a distress call from a dead planet. DCeased: Dead Planet #2 will also hits shelves Tuesday August 4.

DCeased: Dead Planet #2 (of 6)

Death lies around every corner.

The sequel to the bestselling miniseries continues! The Justice League is trapped on Earth, and they've discovered that life still survives on this dead planet! Survival is precarious, though—and with billions of infected still roaming the surface, death lies around every corner.

But, it isn't just the anti-living our heroes have to worry about, because John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna are about to discover another evil growing ...

DCeased: Dead Planet #2, written by Tom Taylor with art by Trevor Hairsine, Gigi Baldissini, Rain Beredo and Saida Temofonte hits shelves Tuesday August 4 with a main cover by David Finch, a card stock variant cover by Francesco Mattina and a card stock movie homage variant cover by Ben Oliver.

The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1

The latest chapter in the Sandman Universe arrives in August with The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1! Writer G. Willow Wilson and artists Nick Robles and Mat Lopes team up for this new series, featuring Dream’s latest creation: Ruin, the nightmare of catastrophic failure—who lives up to his name a little too well.

DC presents a variant cover for The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1, by Sandman Universe veterans Yanick Paquette and Nathan Fairbairn. This cover replaces the previously solicited The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1 variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Additionally, The Dreaming: Waking Hours #1 will arrive with a 1:25 incentive variant cover, featuring Robles’ design work for the series’ breakout new character, Ruin. This cover follows the format of similar 1:25 incentive covers for recent issues of Batman. More on Ruin can be found in G. Willow Wilson's essay on the character, here.

“He’s very different from the other nightmares we’ve met in the Sandman Universe, all of whom live up to their names—they’re malicious and sadistic,” Wilson said of the new inhabitant of The Dreaming. “Ruin, on the other hand, isn’t very good at his job. He’s soft, he’s shy, he’s awkward, he’s eager to please. He is as terrified by his own darkness as a dreamer would be. He makes this profound, heartbreaking effort not to frighten anyone. And he sets off on this quest to find the person he fell in love with, against all odds.”

One of Dream’s heaviest responsibilities is the creation of nightmares—the beings that haunt our sleep and turn our thoughts toward darkness. In the form of Ruin, the nightmare of catastrophic failure, Dream was certain he’d built his next masterpiece…but Ruin can’t help but live up to his name, sending every situation into a spiral of unexpected consequences. Unfortunately, Shakespearean scholar (and exhausted new mother) Lindy has dreamed of Ruin…and in the process, she’s delivered him unto the waking world!

"Legacy series are tricky things," Wilson said. "You want to honor the stories that came before, stories in which readers have a huge emotional investment, yet at the same time, you want to say something new. To get there, you have to ask the right questions. Ruin evolved from a question I wrote down as I was plotting out The Dreaming: Waking Hours: who haven’t we heard from yet?

"The Dreaming is a vast landscape, and over the years we’ve traveled through it with faeries, angels, demons, muses, myths, sentient environments, personified ideals, and the occasional Shakespearean escapee. It’s hard to do the unexpected in a world built on the unexpected. We needed a walking plot twist.

"Around this same time, I was going through one of my occasional bouts of really, really bad insomnia. I’m talking about nights when I’m lucky to get three or four hours of rest. I found myself awake at 3 a.m. thinking about how delighted I would be to have a horrific nightmare right about then, because at least it would mean I was asleep.

"Then came the epiphany: what if we put a nightmare at the center of the story? What does it mean to have a bad dream as a protagonist? And then Ruin came tumbling out faster than I could write him down. A nightmare who falls in love with the person whose dreams he was sent to haunt. A nightmare who doesn’t want to be a nightmare and tries to change, who aches for a kind of human connection he might never have. It raises tantalizing questions from a storytelling perspective—if you have power that is inherently malevolent, can you simply choose to use it for good? Or is there more work involved? What do you have to sacrifice to become something better?

"That was the genesis of our ‘lanky lavender lad,’ as Nick (Robles) put it. He’s very different from the other nightmares we’ve met in the Sandman Universe, all of whom live up to their names—they’re malicious and sadistic. Ruin, on the other hand, isn’t very good at his job. He’s soft, he’s shy, he’s awkward, he’s eager to please. He is as terrified by his own darkness as a dreamer would be. He makes this profound, heartbreaking effort not to frighten anyone. And he sets off on this quest to find the person he fell in love with, against all odds.

"The insomnia passed, and I am once again a nightly citizen of the Dreaming. For now. So is Ruin, but while we—with our mounting anxieties and screen time and caffeine and stress—are increasingly desperate to live in his world, he, in his own way, is dreaming of ours."

Far Sector #7

Justice League #50

Preacher 25th Anniversary Omnibus v1 HC

Strange Adventures #4

Teen Titans GO! To Camp TPB

Written by Sholly Fisch, illustrated by Marcelo DiChiara et al.

The Teen Titans head off to summer camp, but their outdoor fantasies come to an abrupt halt when they arrive at Camp Apokolips—a forbidding place filled with unconventional camp activities. Told through various letters home, readers get to see through the eyes of each of the Titans as they just try to make it through camp.

Wonder Woman #1 Facsimile Edition

Wonder Woman: The Last True Hero Book 1 TPB

Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor TPB

Young Justice #17

DIAL BOOKS

Shirley & Jamila Save Their Summer GN

DIGITAL MANGA

Wonder Three 3 Osamu Tezuka GN

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

Dejah Thoris (2019) #7

James Bond 007 v1 HC Sgn Edition

James Bond Origin v1 HC

Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys: Death of Nancy Drew #3

FANTAGRAPHICS

Nymph HC

One Story HC

Winter Of The Cartoonist HC

FARRAR, STRAUS and GIROUX

All Together Now GN

GHOST SHIP

Parallel Paradise v2

Saki Succubus Hungers Tonight v3

To Love Ru Darkness v16

HUMANOIDS INC

Strangelands #8

IDW PUBLICATIONS

Crow Lethe #3 (Of 3)

GI Joe A Real American Hero #273

Marvel Action Avengers #10 2nd Ptg

Marvel Action Avengers #11

Marvel Action Captain Marvel #6

My Little Pony / Transformers #1 (of 4)

When Queen Chrysalis casts a spell looking for more changelings, she accidentally interferes with a malfunctioning Spacebridge! What’s this mean for our favorite fillies? There are suddenly a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons in Equestria! And as the dust settles, Rarity and Arcee find themselves teaming up against a hostile Decepticon force...

Narcos #3 (Of 4)

Ragnarok Breaking of Helheim #6 (Of 6)

Read Only Memories #4 (Of 4)

Star Trek Year Five #13

Star Wars Adventures Clone Wars #1 (of 5) 2nd Ptg

Usagi Yojimbo #11

IMAGE COMICS

Coffin Bound #5

PORTLAND, Ore. — Critically acclaimed, breakout hit series Coffin Bound by Dan Watters (Lucifer) and Dani (The Low, Low Woods) returns with an all-new, high-octane story arc prepared to blow readers’ minds. The new story arc will kick off with Coffin Bound #5, hitting shelves this August from Image Comics.

Taqa found solace in God—and that God lives in a syringe. With the city about to ban the holy narcotic, she vows to prove the existence of the divine, setting her on a path straight to the murderous Eartheater’s door.

Coffin Bound #5 will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, August 5.

Coffin Bound #5 will also be available for purchase across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.

Coffin Bound Vol. 1 is available now and collects issues #1-4 for readers looking to catch up on the series. It can be ordered at your local comic book shop or independent bookstore via Bookshop or IndieBound, or it can be ordered on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and Indigo.

Select praise for Coffin Bound:

"If you like Dan Watters' work on Lucifer, this is even weirder..." —Neil Gaiman

"Wholly original. Fresh concepts and characters pop up on almost every page, courtesy of Watters' mind and Dani's art. This is a series to keep your eye on." —Entertainment Weekly

"Brings to mind Milligan's Arthouse Pulp and notes of Pretty Deadly." —Kieron Gillen

"A damned joy." —Warren Ellis

“A whole lot of fun as long as you consider dark stories filled with dead characters ‘fun.’ Dan Watters is shaping up to be the go-to guy for weird fiction, and Dani's distinct artwork is a breath of fresh air.” —Comic Book Resources

“A profound, Punk Rock thrill ride.” —ComicBook.com

"A Lynchian crime chase desert noir fever dream with its own messed up internal logic. Fun." —Rob Williams

"An acid drenched road trip, seeping violence and weirdness of the best kind." —Ollie Masters

"Your lessons of life delivered at the end of a muzzle by a choir of grindhouse philosophers laced with the wisdom of dead birds. I can hardly think of another story so fully infused with Dan Watters and Dani aesthetic." —Ram V

"A comic with a strong pulse that bleeds all over your hands...You should give it a read." —Declan Shalvey

"Call your local comic shop now. Make sure they get this for you. Trust me." —Matthew Rosenberg

“Breathtaking art and intriguing concepts.” —Impulse Gamer

Fire Power #1

Fire Power #2

PORTLAND, Ore. — The highly anticipated Fire Power #1 issue by Robert Kirkman and Chris Samnee on sale Wednesday, August 5, and priced at $3.99, will feature different cover art from the free promotional edition (formerly: Free Comic Book Day edition) of the comic. This issue of Fire Power #1 will also be extra length and feature additional backmatter not previously included in the promotional edition.

Fire Power #2 will also be available for sale on the same day.

In Fire Power, the one who wields the fire power is destined to save the world, but Owen Johnson has turned his back on that life. He doesn't want the power—he never did. He only wants to spend time with his family and live his life, but unseen forces are at work to make that impossible. Danger lurks around every corner as Owen's past comes back to haunt him.

Fire Power #1—featuring a new cover by Samnee & Matt Wilson—(Diamond Code JUN200038) will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, August 5.

Fire Power #2 (Diamond Code JUN200076) will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, August 5.

Fire Power #3 (Diamond Code JUL200204) will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, September 2.

Fire Power will also be available for purchase across many digital platforms, including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play.

Goddamned Virgin Brides #2 (of 5)

Ice Cream Man #20

Lucy Claire Redemption #5

Ludocrats #2 (of 5) 2nd Ptg

Mercy #3 (of 6) 2nd Ptg

PORTLAND, Ore. — The exciting first story arc conclusion to Mirka Andolfo’s Gothic bestselling series Mercy is being rushed back to print in order to keep up with growing demand for the hot new issue. A second printing of Mercy #3 will be available in August from Image Comics.

In Mercy #3, the first story arc of Andolfo’s dark tale comes to an end. Lady Hellaine finds a love interest…or is this just a part of her machinations? Who are the ruthless “hunters,” and what are they tracking? And what’s their relationship with whatever lies in the abandoned mines?

Monstress Book One Deluxe Edition

Longtime fans and new readers will want to get their hands on the deluxe limited edition of Monstress Book One hardcover—each copy signed by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda—a limited print run of only 500 copies. It collects the same interiors as the standard Monstress Book One hardcover edition: Monstress #1-18 single issues of the beloved and multiple award-winning comic series, plus extras, but with a stylish new cover.

2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Writer

2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Painter/Multimedia Artist

2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Continuing Series

2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Publication for Teens

2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Cover Artist

2018 Harvey Award winner, Book of the Year

2019, 2018, 2017 Hugo Award winner, Best Graphic Story

2018, 2017 British Fantasy Award winner, Best Comic/Graphic Novel

2018, 2016, 2015 Entertainment Weekly’s The Best Comic Books of the Year"

2018, Newsweek’s Best Comic Books of the Year

2018, The Washington Post’s 10 Best Graphic Novels of the Year

2018, Barnes & Noble’s Best Books of the Year

2018, YALSA’s Great Graphic Novels for Teens

2018, Thrillist’s Best Comics & Graphic Novels of the Year

2018, Powell’s Best Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, and Graphic Novels of the Year

"A Woman Has Finally Won the Top Writing Award in Comic Books" —TIME

"Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda take eastern and western comics storytelling traditions and styles, and create something wholly their own and remarkable: a beautifully told story of magic and fear, inhumanity and exploitation, of what it means to be human and the monsters we all carry inside us. Also, some of the best cats in comics. A delight." —Neil Gaiman

"Liu's accomplishment is impressive. She's created characters who feel larger than life, but whose motivations and values are almost always obscure.” —NPR

"Liu and Takeda have created a vivid, dynamic world, sort of a steampunk Asia of a century ago, and populated it with sharp characters and an intricate mythology that incorporates gods, monsters and everything in between. Female characters dominate Liu’s story line—which unfolds bit by bit like a novel through Takeda’s gorgeous sequential panels—and touches on themes of race, war, duality, friendships and the meaning of family. In all my decades of reading comics, I’ve never seen anything quite like Monstress, and even though it falls in the category of epic fantasy, it also confirms my suspicion that sarcastic cats are secretly in charge of everything." —The New York Times

“If you want big, beautiful, terrifying, violent magic, Monstress is your next favorite comic.” —Cosmopolitan

"The best way to understand the complicated mythos of Monstress is to dive in headfirst and let it wash over you...On top of that, you don’t need to know much to appreciate the breathtaking beauty of Takeda’s art. No other comic looks like Monstress. Takeda’s painting creates a world where dreamlike and horrific fantasy creatures exist side-by-side with incredibly complex steampunk technology." —Entertainment Weekly

“…as ambitious as George R.R. Martin or J.R.R. Tolkien…” —The Los Angeles Review of Books

"Monstress is a sprawling epic fantasy that drops readers into the middle of a magic-filled alternate history. Described as a kind of 'matriarchal Asia,' Maika’s universe is wracked by a race war and inhabited by violent witch-nuns, vicious deities, and innocent civilians—all of which is brought to life by Takeda’s exquisite manga-style, Art Deco–inspired art." —The Atlantic

"Takeda’s visuals recall realistic, gritty manga such as Lone Wolf and Cub, with magic and monsters to rival those of Hayao Miyazaki’s films.” —Publishers Weekly

"Intricate and detailed, with a definite manga influence, Takeda's artwork creates a lush and dangerous world for Liu's equally dangerous characters. The work is infused with feminist themes; almost all of the characters are strong—and deadly—women.” —School Library Journal

“Filled to the brim with awesome.” —Kirkus Reviews

“World-building on a scale rare in mainstream comics.” —The Hollywood Reporter

"In the center of this world is Maika, a girl who lost her mother and most of her left arm and is on a quest for answers or vengeance, whichever comes first. She’s defensive, quick to anger, and not entirely convinced of her own sanity. In other words, she’s a fictional woman imbued with all the faults and flaws of a real one." —New York magazine/Vulture

"Feels like a battle cry." —Vox.com

"Monstress mixes steampunk and fantasy in the best way." —Complex

Negan Lives! one-shot 2nd Ptg

PORTLAND, Ore.  — The New York Times bestselling, award winning creative team behind The Walking Dead phenomenon — Robert Kirkman (Fire Power, Oblivion Song) and Charlie Adlard (Vampire State Building) — have done it again with an instant sell-out at the distributor level of the surprise release, Negan Lives #1.

On the Stump #4

Pretty Violent #8

Protector #5

Reaver #10

Sex Criminals #30

Undiscovered Country #7

IRON CIRCUS COMICS

Harrowing Of Hell HC

MARVEL COMICS

Ant-Man #4 (Of 5)

Avengers Of The Wastelands #4 (Of 5)

Black Cat #12

Captain America #21

Captain Marvel v3: The Last Avenger TPB

Conan Barbarian Orig Marvel Yrs Epic Coll: Coming Of Conan TPB

Deadpool #6

Written by KELLY THOMPSON

Art by KEVIN LIBRANDA

Cover by GREG LAND

DEADPOOL INVADES THE X-MEN!

When the X-Men won’t return Deadpool’s calls for a Krakoa portal on Monster Island, Wade decides to drop by for a visit. Apparently, the new X-Men home isn’t taking visitors. RUDE. It’s an entire nation of biological weapons and mutant warriors versus a merc with a mouth. GAME ON!

Dr. Strange #6

Empyre #4 (of 6)

Written by Al Ewing and Dan Slott

Art by Valerio Schiti

Cover by Jim Cheung

Tensions mount as the action heats up! As the attack on Wakanda intensifies, the heroes find themselves under attack from their enemies — and their allies! In a war where nobody can be fully trusted, betrayal cuts deep — as the alien invasion claims its first casualty! In this issue: The shock ending you never expected! You’ll want to frame it for your wall, True Believer!

New York, NY— August 5, 2020 — As the intergalactic conflict known as EMPYRE rages on, love has prevailed for two of Marvel’s most beloved heroes! In an exciting surprise for readers everywhere at the conclusion of today’s EMPYRE #4, Marvel Comics unveiled that Teddy Altman, the Kree/Skrull hybrid Hulkling, and his longtime boyfriend Billy Kaplan, the powerful magic-wielding Wiccan, made a decision to change their lives forever – when they were married prior to the start of this galaxy-spanning epic!

"I've got a lot of love for Hulkling and Wiccan, both individually and as a couple,” Empyre writer Al Ewing said. “So it's a good feeling to be able to deliver this kind of 'shock ending' for readers, which hopefully lifts fans' spirits a little rather than bringing them down."

Earlier this year, Hulkling, the son of a Skrull Princess and the original Captain Marvel, fulfilled his destiny by uniting the Kree and Skrull empires against the universal threat of the Cotati. As Emperor of the new Kree/Skrull alliance, the Young Avenger takes center stage in this summer’s EMPYRE saga alongside Wiccan and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Created by writer Allan Heinberg and artist Jim Cheung, Hulkling and Wiccan burst onto the scene in 2005’s groundbreaking Young Avengers series. Since then, the two have been major players in the Marvel Universe and in iconic titles such as Avengers: Children’s Crusade, New Avengers, and Strikeforce.

“When I was first asked to design Wiccan and Hulkling for the Young Avengers, I had no inkling of the longevity they would have, or even their impact on the hearts and minds of the readers,” said Cheung. “Billy and Teddy really became fully fleshed people to me, thanks to Allan's incredible writing, and it's been wonderfully rewarding to follow their growth and evolution under the guidance of other creators over the years. Now that they're taking their relationship to the next level, I can’t wait to watch where their next adventure takes them!”

“I’m eternally grateful to writers Al Ewing and Dan Slott, artists Valerio Schiti and Marte Gracia, editor Tom Brevoort, — and of course cover artist Jim Cheung — for telling Teddy’s story so gorgeously — on such an epic scale — and with so much heart,” said Heinberg. “AND for inviting me and Jim to the wedding!”

Hulkling and Wiccan’s story continues in EMPYRE #5 next week and EMPYRE: AVENGERS AFTERMATH #1 this September!

Empyre Handbook #1

Empyre X-Men #2 (Of 4)

Written by Gerry Duggan, Benjamin Percy, and Leah Williams

Art by Lucas Werneck

Cover by Eduard Petrovich

Fantastic Four #22

Written by Dan Slott

Art by Paco Medina

Cover by Nick Bradshaw

The return of the new Fantastic Four?!

The events of EMPYRE threaten all life on Earth and the future balance of power throughout the cosmos! And the secret mission that the FF have placed into Valeria and Franklin’s hands requires some big-league help!

Giant Size X-Men Fantomex #1

Written by Jonathan Hickman

Art and Cover by Rod Reis

The hit creative team of Jonathan Hickman & Rod Reis (NEW MUTANTS) turn their attention to the covert activities of the Weapon Plus program’s Weapon XIII! A bred killer who chooses the life of a gentleman super-thief, Fantomex has always defied expectations... For example, who would expect him to break into the World, the artificial realm of his creation? And then again? And then… again?

Guardians Of The Galaxy #5

Lords of Empyre Celestial Messiah #1

Written by Alex Paknadel

Art by Alex Lins

Cover by Rod Reis

The eve of Quoi’s ascension is at hand! But when the trials are interrupted by an unexpected interloper—Mantis—who will win this battle of wills?

Maestro Future Imperfect Marvel Tales #1

Marvels Avengers: Road to A-Day TPB

Marvel's Spider-Man Black Cat Strikes #4 (of 5)

Morbius v1 TPB

Oz Complete Collection TPB

Punisher Soviet TPB

Savage Avengers v2: To Dine With Doom TPB

Solomon Kane Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC

Star Wars #5

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #1 2nd Ptg

Star Wars Darth Vader #2 2nd Ptg

Strikeforce #9

Thor #3 3rd Ptg

Thor By Jason Aaron v4 HC

MORROW GIFT

Strange Planet HC

Stranger Planet HC

ONE PEACE BOOKS

Hinamatsuri v9

ONI PRESS

Aggretsuko #5

Backtrack #5

Rick & Morty Presents: Birdperson #1

SCOUT COMICS

Adv Of Byron Comic Capers one-shot

Gutt Ghost Trouble with Sawbuck Skeleton Society

Metalshark Bro 2 #1

Stabbity Bunny #11

Star Bastard TPB

SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT

Failed Princesses v1

Gal Gohan v3

Gigant v2

Machimaho Made Wrong Person Magical Girl v6

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid Elma Diary GN

Peter Grill & Philosophers Time v1

Skeleton Knight In Another World v4

SILVER SPROCKET
Yes, I’m Flagging Queer Hanky Code 101 one-shot

TH3RD WORLD

Superfogeys v1: Inaction Heroes

TITAN COMICS

Horizon Zero Dawn #1
Titan Comics and Guerrilla are embarking on an exciting adventure together with the first original comic book series set in the world of the global smash-hit PS4 game Horizon Zero Dawn comes to comics. This new series takes place after the events of the game as Talanah, a strong and determined hunter, struggles to find purpose after her trusted friend Aloy disappears. When a mysterious threat emerges in the wilds, she sets out to hunt and to defeat it, only to learn that a whole new breed of killer machines stalk the land!

TOKYOPOP

Bibi & Miyu Manga v1

UDON

Rose Of Versailles v3

VAN RYDER GAMES

Pirates Great Chase Graphic Novel Adv HC

Your Town Graphic Novel Adv HC

VAULT COMICS

Finger Guns #4

Heathen #12

Money Shot #7

Vampire: The Masquerade #1

Missoula, MT: Vault Comics is thrilled to announce that they have partnered with Paradox Interactive to publish the official Vampire: The Masquerade comic book series. The first comic in the series will be available for purchase from comics retailers across the US in July 2020. The comic is co-written by Tim Seeley, Tini Howard, and Blake Howard, drawn by Devmalya Pramanik, Nathan Gooden, and colored by Addison Duke, with covers by Aaron Campbell.

From the internationally bestselling World of Darkness universe, Vault brings readers an official Vampire: The Masquerade comic series. Sink your teeth into the hidden world of vampires, ghouls, and hunters who live in the shadows and scheme among us. In the comic series, Cecily Baine, an enforcer for the Twin Cities' elite cabal of Kindred (vampires), takes a mysterious young vampire under her wing and is swept up in a conspiracy that can shake the foundations of vampire society.

Each issue will include exclusive material for Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition of the tabletop RPG from Modiphius Entertainment. These materials enable readers to play alongside the unfolding comic events in their own chronicles.

"When Vampire: The Masquerade launched in 1991, it felt like the first RPG to embrace dark and mature themes largely ignored by previous games,” said Vault Editor-in-Chief, Adrian Wassel. “Close to 30 years later, following the successful launch of the 5th edition, Vampire: The Masquerade is exploring new avenues of storytelling with our comic series. I can’t imagine a better team than the one we’ve assembled. Tim Seeley, Tini Howard, Blake Howard, Devmalya Pramanik, Addison Duke, and Aaron Campbell tell a story from two points-of-view, a fearsome Camarilla courierin Minneapolis and an Anarch coterie from outside the city tasked with investigating a murder. As you get deeper into the series, you’ll discover how the two stories connect, unearthing a city-shaking conspiracy. This is Vault’s first comic outside the world of creator-owned and we’re thrilled to be partnered with a brand that shares our commitment to the very best genre storytelling."

The Paradox-Vault pact was forged by Joe LeFavi, CEO of Genuine Entertainment., LeFavi is responsible for producing extensions of the World of Darkness franchise this year including the Vault comic book series and the Vampire: The Masquerade expandable card game from Renegade Game Studios. Vault is represented by Matt Sugarman of Weintraub Tobin.

VIZ LLC

Ao Haru Ride Manga v12

Black Clover v22

Blue Exorcist v24

Boruto v9: Naruto Next Generations

Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba v15

Fushigi Yugi Byakko Senki v1

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable v6

Jujutsu Kaisen v5

Kaze Hikaru v28

My Hero Academia Smash v5

One Piece v94

Oresama Teacher v27

Promised Neverland v16

Samurai 8 Tale Of Hachimaru v3

Shortcake Cake v9

Twin Star Exorcists Onmyoji v19

We Never Learn v11

Yona Of The Dawn v25

YEN PRESS

Goblin Slayer Side Story Year One v5

Toilet Bound Hanako Kun v4

World Strongest Rearguard Labyrinth Novice v1

ZENESCOPE

Conspiracy: Men In Black one-shot

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –