COMICS-RELATED

MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT AND SIRIUSXM PREMIERE NEW SCRIPTED PODCAST SERIES ‘MARVEL’S WASTELANDERS: BLACK WIDOW’ ON JANUARY 10

The next chapter of the Marvel’s "Wastelanders" audio epic has arrived! Today, Marvel Entertainment and SiriusXM announced their latest original scripted podcast series, Marvel’s Wastelanders: Black Widow, will premiere on Monday, Jan. 10.

LISTEN TO THE TEASER HERE

Following Marvel’s Wastelanders: Star-Lord and Marvel’s Wastelanders: Hawkeye, Marvel's Wastelanders: Black Widow is the third installment in the post-apocalyptic audio series. The 10-episode original scripted podcast is written by Alex Delyle (Fear the Walking Dead), directed by Timothy Busfield (Thirtysomething, The West Wing and Peter Quill in Marvel's Wastelanders: Star-Lord), with sound design and original music by Daniel Brunelle (The Two Princes, Sandra).

The series stars Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon as Helen Black, and features performances by Eva Amurri (Saved!), Nate Corddry (Mom), Amber Gray (Hadestown), Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie), Chasten Harmon (Elementary), Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos), Justin Kirk (Weeds).

The story begins almost 30 years after The Day the Villains Won (aka V-Day), when Helen Black arrives at her new apartment in The Onar, a 161-story apartment complex in what used to be Midtown Manhattan. Owned and operated by S.H.I.E.L.D., The Onar has become the very embodiment of the dystopic wealth and inequality that’s engulfed New York City ever since V-Day. A collection of uber-rich families — including the media magnate Burge family — occupy the opulent penthouses in the DecaDomes, The Onar’s highest ten stories. Helen Black’s apartment is located in the much more humble “100 Block”. When her nosy neighbor Dr. Brian Mizuno asks Helen (through the paper-thin walls) what brought her here, she cryptically alludes to “problems with an ex …”.

On the same day that Helen moves into her apartment, Lisa Cartwright reports for her first day as a Junior Residential Security Analyst for Panopticog Solutions, a private security company hired by S.H.I.E.L.D. to monitor the residents of The Onar (without their knowledge or consent). Lisa is assigned to surveil Helen’s corner of The 100 Block, and quickly discovers that Helen Black is not at all who she says she is.

“Marvel’s Wastelanders: Black Widow is a mysterious, fun and wild ride! Whether you’re a fan of Black Widow, or just a fan of the all-star cast, you’re going to want to binge this series.” said Jill Du Boff, Director of Audio at Marvel. “The creative team, writer Alex Delyle, and director Timothy Busfield have really pulled out all the stops on this show and the immersive world they built will have you wondering, who is the Black Widow?”

The series will initially be available exclusively on the SXM App and Marvel Podcasts Unlimited on Apple Podcasts. Episodes will be widely available one week later on Pandora, Stitcher and all major podcast platforms in the U.S. Learn more at marvel.com/wastelanders.

BOOM STUDIOS

BASILISK TPB

BUFFY LAST VAMPIRE SLAYER #2

MANY DEATHS OF LAILA STARR TPB

MIGHTY MORPHIN #15

SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN VOL 4 TPB

DARK HORSE

CYBERPUNK 2077 BIG CITY DREAMS HC

FALCONSPEARE OGN

Story/Art: Warwick Johnson-Cadwell | Lettering: Clem Robins | Cover: Mike Mignola & Dave Stewart

Dark Horse Comics will publish FALCONSPEARE, an original graphic novel featuring Mike Mignola and Warwick Johnson-Cadwell’s characters Professor J.T. Meinhardt, Mr. Knox and Ms. Mary Van Sloan. This eerie Victorian-style mystery delivers horror, humor and the kind of off-kilter, charming twists that fans of Mignola and Johnson-Cadwell’s previous collaborations MR. HIGGINS COMES HOME and OUR ENCOUNTERS WITH EVIL: ADVENTURES OF PROFESSOR J.T. MEINHARDT AND HIS ASSISTANT MR. KNOX have come to expect. Monster hunters extraordinaire Professor Meinhardt, Mr. Knox and Ms. Van Sloan have teamed up to slay spooks and investigate the uncanny before, but now they'll tackle a question that's haunted them for years: What happened to their friend and vampire slayer extraordinaire, James Falconspeare?

“Evil lurks among dark shadows and in many forms. The vampire, the werewolf, monsters of all kinds,” said Johnson-Cadwell. “We need a particular kind of hero to thwart these evils, and Professor J.T. Meinhardt, Mr. Knox, and Ms. Mary Van Sloan are just those heroes. A cryptic correspondence sets them on a mysterious path which will lead them to diabolic danger and grim reality where evil may lie. Diabolic evil is revealed in grim reality, and an ultimate sacrifice is demanded. Their encounters with evil continue.”

Mr. Higgins Comes Home was a silly little story that basically wrote itself, inspired by old movies both Warwick and I love,” said Mignola. “I certainly didn’t imagine it would lead to other things, but seeing Warwick take those couple of characters from the original and create a whole world around them has been a real joy. I hope he’s having as much fun making these books as he appears to, because (now that I can just enjoy them as reader) I never want him to stop.”

Like the previous graphic novels, FALCONSPEARE features the signature loose, expressive style of cartoonist Warwick Johnson-Cadwell in a standalone story that builds on the characters’ previous adventures. It is set outside both the Hellboy Universe and the Outerverse.

GANTZ VOL 8 OMNIBUS TPB

MINECRAFT VOL 3 TPB

DC COMICS

BATGIRLS #2

BATMAN & SCOOBY DOO MYSTERIES #10

BATMAN: NO MAN'S LAND OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #11

BATMAN VS. RA'S AL GHUL HC

BOOKS OF MAGIC OMNIBUS VOL 2

DETECTIVE COMICS #1048

DMZ COMPENDIUM VOL 2 TPB

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #9

HARLEY QUINN THE ANIMATED SERIES: THE EAT BANG KILL TOUR #5 (OF 6)

HOUSE OF EL BOOK 2: THE ENEMY DELUSION

I AM BATMAN #5

JOKER #11

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #1 (OF 6)

Story: Brian Michael Bendis | Art/Cover: Scott Godlewski | $3.99

One thousand years in the future, a Legion of Super-Heroes comes together to dedicate their lives to recapturing the great age of heroes of the 21st century. When the heroes discover that reality is falling to a great darkness in both times simultaneously, the Justice League and the Legion of Super-Heroes must team up to stop it all. But what is the connection between the secrets of the new Gold Lanterns and the coming of the Great Darkness? A monumental DC epic event miniseries!

• First issue!
  • I know there are some here who don't care for Brian Bendis' writing, but you have to give him credit for this: He genuinely seems to love the Legion.

PENNYWORTH #6 (OF 7)

ROBIN & BATMAN #3 (OF 3)

TITANS UNITED #5 (OF 7)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

HELL SONJA #1

Story: Christopher Hastings | Art: Pasquale Qualano | Covers: Lucio Parrillo, Jae Lee, Junggeun Yoon, Joseph Michael Linsner, Gracie The Cosplay Lass | Teen+ | $3.99

Welcome to HELL ... SONJA. She's the Queen of Damnation. She lords over the fiery pit of eternal hunger and suffering. But now, she's had enough of this evil s**t. She will bind together lost souls, and rove the multiverse to fill Hell's belly with only the most deserving of its punishment. If someone so wicked is beset upon you, if you're desperate enough, if no one else can help, maybe your prayer will be heard by ... HELL SONJA.

By CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (Deadpool, Gwenpool) and PASQUALE QUALANO (Sonjaversal)!

NYX #5

VAMPIVERSE #5

IDW PUBLISHING

SCIENCE OF SURFING: SURFSIDE GIRLS GUIDE TO THE OCEAN SC

• I'm pretty sure I've run this title before. Maybe that was the HC.
  • Here's a preview.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: IMPOSTER SYNDROME #2

STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC ADVENTURES #12

TMNT REBORN VOL 3: TIME AFTER TIME TPB

TRANSFORMERS: WRECKERS TREAD & CIRCUITS #4

IMAGE COMICS

DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #15

GOOD ASIAN #8

INKBLOT #15

JOE HILL'S RAIN #1 (OF 5)

Story: David M. Booher | Art: Zoe Thorogood | Letters: Shawn Lee | Covers: Zoe Thorogood, Elizabeth Beals, Renae De Liz | 32 pages | $3.99

A graphic adaptation of Joe Hill’s Rain will serve as the debut offering from Syzygy Publishing, Chris Ryall and Ashley Wood’s new publishing venture. This first, five-issue miniseries will kick off the new line of comics, graphic novels and art books — from the Zombies vs Robots co-creators — beginning in January 2022.

Rain first appeared in author Joe Hill’s acclaimed novella collection Strange Weather, and tells the story of a seemingly normal August day in Boulder, Colorado — the skies are clear and Honeysuckle Speck couldn’t be happier. She’s finally moving in with her girlfriend, Yolanda. But their world is literally torn apart when dark clouds roll in and release a downpour of nails — splinters of bright crystal that shred the skin of anyone not safely under cover.

Rain makes vivid this escalating apocalyptic event, as the deluge of nails spreads across the country and around the world, threatening everything young lovers Honeysuckle and Yolanda hold dear.

“You couldn’t ask for a better inaugural creative team and story with which to kick off Syzygy,” said Ryall in an exclusive on the announcement with ScreenRant. “David, Zoe, and Chris all bring such immense skill and storytelling acumen to this project, and what they’ve done with Joe Hill’s gripping story is somehow both gorgeous and terrible to behold.

“Syzygy is defined as ‘the configuration of celestial bodies in a gravitational system and the added benefit and utter thrill to me is that Image Comics is Rain’s gravitational center. We have long admired how Image has expanded and enhanced this industry, and it’s as exciting to see that ‘i’ on our cover as it is the names of the creators involved.”

Wood added, “I'm very energized to make comics with Chris and Syzygy, and to work with the many other amazing talents we have lined up makes it an even sweeter deal! Also, it's nice to be back at Image; it’s been a while since Hellspawn with Toddy!”

As an added highlight, each issue of Rain will feature a bonus story from Unnamed, an upcoming series by Ryall and Wood following immortal hunters in pursuit of a fanged creature and set during swingin’ '60s London.

• First issue!
  • I generally like Joe Hill, but the art and subject matter shout "YA or middle school" instead of "something a grown-up wants to read." I'm encouraged by the violence and gore, though. That's considered "mature" in America, so maybe it is a story for adults!

KING OF SPIES #2

PHENOM X #3

SAVAGE DRAGON #261

SIX SIDEKICKS OF TRIGGER KEATON VOL 1 TPB

THE SCORCHED #1

Story: Sean Lewis | Art: Stephen Segovia, Paulo Sequeria | Cover A: Frank Quitely |  Cover B: Brett Booth | Cover C: Greg Capullo | Cover D: Todd McFarlane | Cover E: Don Aguillo | Cover F: Mark Silvestri | Interconnecting variant: Brett Booth | Todd McFarlane. |  Cover G: 1:50 copy incentive sketch: Greg Capullo | Cover H: 1:250 copy incentive: Todd McFarlane signed | 48 pages | Teen+ | $5.99

The Year of Spawn continues with Todd McFarlane's newest book, The Scorched #1. This new book comes hot off the heels of three record-breaking books, Spawn's Universe #1, King Spawn #1, and Gunslinger Spawn #1, the biggest selling Image Comics books in the 21st century.

The Scorched #1 is the first all-new issue of McFarlane's superhero team book. After 30 years of the regular monthly Spawn book, The Scorched gathers the best characters for three decades and puts them together into one title. McFarlane has also recruited some of the top talents in the industry for this inaugural launch.

The first issue's initial characters in The Scorched #1 will include Reaper, Spawn, Redeemer, Gunslinger, Medieval Spawn, She-Spawn and many more waiting in the wings.

"The Scorched will allow myself and the creative team to bring in a rotating cast of heroes and villains and to have fun creating new characters and storylines," said McFarlane, Spawn creator and President at Image Comics.

• First issue!
  • All yours, Todd fans.

STILLWATER BY ZDARSKY & PEREZ #12

THAT TEXAS BLOOD VOL 2 TPB

UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #18

WHAT'S THE FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #3

MARVEL COMICS: HOMAGE VARIANT COVERS IN JANUARY

This January, your favorite artists will pay tribute to some of the greatest comic book covers in Marvel history with all-new Homage Variant Covers. Featuring new artwork from superstar artists David Yardin, Will Sliney, Mike McKone, Creees Lee, Philip Tan, David Nakayama, Pete Woods, Ken Lashley, Stephen Mooney, and Marvel’s Stormbreaker Peach Momoko, this exciting collection will allow fans to re-experience classic Marvel covers including takes on Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thor and Hulk’s first appearances as well as other historic moments!

• Beginning this week, because the first homage cover was bumped from last week.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85 (Peach Momoko)

• Homage to Amazing Fantasy #15, but just barely.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86

• Homage to Amazing Spider-Man #362. Is this really a famous cover? It's not even Carnage's first cover appearance — that would be the previous issue, Amazing Spider-Man #361. I guess the presence of Venom made it a better commercial choice.

CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #3

• Homage cover to Captain America #100, which was Cap's first solo issue in the Silver Age (continuing the numbering from Tales of Suspense #99). I remember buying the original, by Jack Kirby and Syd Shores, and actually thinking it wasn't their best work. (And was disappointed that so many of the characters on the cover were symbolic, and didn't appear in the story.) Now it's a "classic." Shows how badly the Li'l Capn's opinion held up.

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #5

• Homage to Strange Tales #110. Two funny things about this cover: One, The Wizard thought a paste-gun was "invincible." He has a pretty low bar for invincible. Two, Doctor Strange debuted in this issue, and there's no mention of that on the cover. But that's why it's here.

HULK #3

• Homage to Incredible Hulk #1.

IRON MAN #16

• Homage to Tales of Suspense #39.

THOR #21

• Homage to Journey into Mystery #83. Funny, I remembered the Stone Men as orange. But I looked at the original cover online and in reprints, and they are definitely green. Where'd I get the idea they were orange?

VENOM #4

• Homage to Amazing Spider-Man #300.

X-LIVES OF WOLVERINE #1

• Homage to Incredible Hulk #181. I wasn't impressed with Wolverine when he first appeared. Short-sighted in retrospect, but I had reasons!

X-MEN LEGENDS #11

• Homage to New Mutants #98. I also wasn't impressed with Deadpool when he first appeared either, mainly because he was such an obvious swipe of Deathstroke. But this time, I think I was right. It took years and years of good writing to transform Slade Wade Wilson into a unique character.

MARVEL COMICS: SPIDER-MAN IN JANUARY

•  I like these monthly overviews. This one was supposed to start Jan. 5, but got bumped.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85

Story: Cody Ziglar | Art: Paco Medina | Beyond Board: Patrick Gleason, Saladin Ahmed, Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson & Cody Ziglar | Cover: Arthur Adams

Get your first glimpse at what’s to come when AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BEYOND continues in the new year!

Last month, the Beyond era of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN officially kicked off and fans witnessed the beginning of a new age that will see Ben Reilly taking over as the new and improved Spider-Man! Told over the course of 19 thrilling issues, this saga will be brought to you by a group of all-star comics talent known as the Beyond Board — Patrick Gleason, Saladin Ahmed, Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson, and Cody Ziglar. These incredible creators are ready to take Ben Reilly and the Spider-Man mythos beyond your wildest expectations!

Peter Parker may be out of commission but luckily, Ben Reilly is more than capable of taking his place. Equipped with gadgets and tech from the Beyond Corporation, Reilly has everything it takes to be the superior Spider-Man but he’ll finally meet his match in a devastating battle against one of the Spider-Man’s most feared enemies — Doctor Octopus!

It begins in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85 by writer Cody Ziglar and artist Paco Medina. It’s going to take everything Ben Reilly and the company that backs him has to stop Otto Octavius. But, in the Merry Marvel fashion and as with all respectable Spider-Stories, even if Spider-Man wins, he is going to lose.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86

Story: Zeb Wells | Michael Dowling | Beyond Board: Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Patrick Gleason & Zeb Wells | Cover: Arthur Adams

And he is going to lose BIG. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86 by writer Zeb Wells and artist Michael Dowling will deal with the aftermath of the fight and will be a comic that fans will remember for years to come. Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #87

Story: Jed Mackay | Art: Carlos Gómez | Beyond Board: Zeb Wells, Patrick Gleason, Kelly Thompson, Cody Ziglar & Saladin Ahmed | Cover: Arthur Adams

And find out if Peter Parker can step up and be Spider-Man again in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #87 by writer Jed MacKay and artist Carlos Gómez. With NYC reeling from Doc Ock’s attack and Ben Reilly possibly down, it’s up to Captain America and Black Cat to see if Peter Parker is ready for action again. You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not.

MARY JANE & BLACK CAT: BEYOND #1

Story: Jed Mackay | Art: C.F. Villa | Beyond Board: Cody Ziglar, Patrick Gleason, Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson & Saladin Ahmed | Cover: J. Scott Campbell

Also coming in January will be MARY JANE & BLACK CAT: BEYOND #1, a new one-shot written by Jed MacKay with art by C.F. Villa. This unlikely team up will see Mary Jane coming to the rescue of Black Cat after she’s been kidnapped. Mary Jane has never liked Felicia Hardy, and now she has to save her life! But remember, this is the Black Cat we’re talking about. Things are never quite what they seem.

MARVEL COMICS: DEVIL'S REIGN IN JANUARY

• Looks like they're doing the monthly-overview thing with "Devil's Reign" as well. Fine by me. (Daredevil: Woman Without Fear #1 was also bumped from Jan. 5.)

DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #1 (OF 3)

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art: Rafael De Latorre | Cover: Chris Bachalo

DEVIL’S REIGN, the Marvel Comics event spinning out of writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto’s Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL, kicks off in December. And come January 2022, all hell will break loose as Kingpin’s reign threatens every corner of the Marvel Universe, overtaking your favorite characters in multiple new tie-in series and one-shots.  This far-reaching saga will center around Kingpin as he embarks on a vicious quest to rid the world of every last super hero through any means necessary …

In addition, Chip Zdarsky will continue his landmark Daredevil run in DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR! With art by Rafael De Latorre, this limited series will star Elektra as Daredevil in a pulse-pounding chapter that spins directly out of the shocking revelations in the pages of DEVIL’S REIGN!

Elektra is the world’s deadliest assassin — and she’s taken a vow not to kill. Someone puts themselves directly in her path with deadly consequences. What else would you expect from the Marvel’s Greatest Hunter?

"When we were planning out Devil’s Reign it become apparent early on that Elektra's story is too big to be contained in the main series,” Zdarsky told ComicBook.com. “Wilson Fisk has unearthed her darkest secret and I'm super excited for readers to see the fallout in this series!

DEVIL’S REIGN #3 (OF 6)

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art/Cover: Marco Checchetto

In DEVIL’S REIGN #3, New York City stands at the brink of disaster as Mayor Wilson Fisk has at last reached a breaking point, with an army of super villains at his back, and a deputized crew of super villainous Thunderbolts on the streets and in every police station. Worse still, he’s put the Marvel Universe’s most powerful tools into (all six) hands of one of its most diabolical minds, unaware of the disaster that could befall the entire city as a result! As a gauntlet of super villains stand between Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Daredevil and liberating the heroes who have been captured by Fisk’s law enforcement, they’re ALL about to learn that the danger is closer than they ever thought possible.

DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #1 (OF 3)

Story: Zac Thompson | Art: Davide Tinto | Cover: Ivan Shavrin

"Participating in the huge scope of Chip and Marco's Devil's Reign event is thrilling," Thompson told CBR. "Getting to do it with a Doctor Octopus at the center is a dream come true. Superior Four is the type of insane premise that only works in comics and Davide and I are just having a blast.”

Make way for a shocking twist on the Fantastic Four in Zac Thompson and Davide Tinto’s DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR. Otto Octavius has acquired a taste for the infinite. Empowered by Wilson Fisk, Doctor Octopus faces a tantalizing, unprecedented opportunity to scour the Multiverse, amassing an army of … himself. An army to march on our reality, proving Otto’s supremacy — and it all begins with his Superior Four!

DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #1 (OF 3)

Story: Clay McLeod Chapman | Art: Manuel Garcia | Cover: Skan

Meet Kingpin’s terrifying new team of villains in writer Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Manuel Garcia’s DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE. New York City is on a razor’s edge, and there’s only one force fighting for the rule of law in the chaos: Wilson Fisk’s Thunderbolts!

DEVIL’S REIGN: WINTER SOLDIER #1

Story: Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing | Art: Nico Leon | Cover: Felipe Massafera

"Chip and Marco's Daredevil has been one of our favorite books on the shelves since its debut, so of course the Hivemind is deeply excited to be contributing to its culmination in Devil's Reign,” Lanzing told SYFY Wire. “Kingpin has never been a more terrifying villain than he is right now — which lets Collin, Nico and I go all-out with a shadow-soaked showdown between Fisk and one of the few fighters alive who might be able to stand against him: Bucky Barnes.”

Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, the writing duo behind the hit current series KANG THE CONQUEROR, team up with artist Nico Leon in DEVIL’S REIGN: WINTER SOLDIER. A power-mad Mayor Fisk has been gathering information on super heroes. How far will Bucky Barnes go to steal the file on his own shadowy, half-remembered past as the Winter Soldier? And what horrible revelation awaits him if he can get past the Kingpin? Some secrets are meant to stay buried. And some doors are meant to stay closed.

DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #1 (OF 3)

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art/Cover: Phil Noto

Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Phil Noto reunite in DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN. Emma Frost has many skeletons in her closet, but only one of them is currently Mayor of New York City. The truth about the White Queen’s secret past with the Kingpin of Crime comes to light. As Wilson Fisk makes his play, will his old ally Emma Frost stand in his way? Or protect the secrets they share?

SPIDER-WOMAN #19

Story: Karla Pacheco | Art: Pere Perez | Cover: Junggeun Yoon

And it’s Spider-Woman vs. Spider-Woman in Karla Pacheco and Pere Pérez’s SPIDER-WOMAN #19. The series continues its’ Devil’s Reign tie-in arc that will see Jessica Drew question everything. Starting with whether she is the true Jessica Drew!

MARVEL COMICS

ALIENS ORIGINAL YEARS VOL 2 OMNIBUS HC

Story: Ian Edginton, Chris Warner, Kelley Puckett, Paul Guinan, Dan Jolley, Jim Woodring, Dave Gibbons, Chet Williamson, John Arcudi, Sarah Byam, John Byrne, Peter Milligan, Michael Cook & more | Art: Will Simpson, Paul Guinan, Tony Atkins, Allen Nunis, John Nadeau, Kilian Plunkett, Mike Mignola, Tim Hamilton, Doug Mahnke, David Roach, Mark A. Nelson, Paul Mendoza, John Byrne, Paul Johnson & Christian Gorny | Covers by Mahmud Asrar, Paul Mendoza

A rogue scientist’s genetic experiments create a horrific new alien king! A ragtag unit of Colonial Marines battles a xenomorph infestation on a space station — and the survivors face a pack of bizarre hybrids! An investigator must solve a murder on a deep-space alien-research station! But what dread music will a deranged composer make with an alien’s screams? And can a synthetic xenomorph rebel against its sadistic creator? Plus: Flash back to an alien attack in the 1950s! And witness the fate of England as aliens overrun the Earth! This rare collection includes: ALIENS: ROGUE #1-4, ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES #1-10, ALIENS: LABYRINTH #1-4, ALIENS: SALVATION, ALIENS: MUSIC OF THE SPEARS #1-4 and ALIENS: STRONGHOLD #1-4 — plus material from DARK HORSE COMICS #3-5, #11-13 and #15-19; PREVIEWS (1993) #1-12; PREVIEWS (1994) #1; and ALIENS MAGAZINE (1992) #9-20.

• Buying, sight unseen.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85

• See "Marvel Comics: Spider-Man in January" above.

AVENGERS WEST COAST EPIC COLLECTION: DARKER THAN SCARLET TPB

• This was part of John Byrne's plan to revamp the Scarlet Witch, which most of us readers at the time knew was necessary — she desperately needed a power boost, or at least a definition of her "hex sphere." Much as I wanted it, I was still worried. Like with George Lucas, I didn't always like/trust Byrne's story choices (Don't kiss her, Luke, she's your sister! Don't marry her, Anakin, she's your babysitter! Don't be in this movie, Jar-Jar, you're a really bad concept!) We have since learned that the story was truncated, so I don't really know where he was going with it. But whatever he planned, it was probably nicer than what Brian Bendis did to her. (Hint: Turned her into an unstable mass murderer.)

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL 7: LOCKDOWN TPB

DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #1

• See "Marvel Comics: Devil's Reign in January" above.

DARK AGES #4

DARKHAWK #5

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: BLOODSTONE #1

Story:  Tini Howard | Art/Design variant: Ig Guara | Cover: David Nakayama

The death of Doctor Strange has unleashed terrifying new mystical threats on the Marvel Universe and who better to defend Earth from these magical invaders than monster hunter Elsa Bloodstone! The fan-favorite Marvel hero will take center stage in next month’s DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: BLOODSTONE #1, a thrilling one-shot by writer Tini Howard and artist Ig Guara. Elsa and her brother Cullen will use their skills to protect a mysterious new member of their family: their long-lost sister Lyra! Equipped with awesome powers of her own, Lyra’s unique Blood gem has placed a target on her back, and the worst horrors from beyond this realm are on the hunt!

Having redefined Marvel magic in the pages of EXCALIBUR, Tini Howard now puts a spin on the Bloodstones that will lay the groundwork for the family’s exciting and unpredictable future. And with a killer new design by artist Ig Iguara, Lyra is ready to join her siblings and leave her mark on the Bloodstone legend. Fans can see her for the first time now in Guara’s special design variant cover.

Big things lie ahead for the Bloodstone clan!

• Wait, I barely know Elsa, and now we're getting a co-star/possible replacement? Gimme a few more years with the grown-up, please! I know that writers prefer learning-the-ropes teenagers to competent adults for drama purposes, but with so many Peter Parker wannabes out there, spending some time with grown-ups who know what they're doing is refreshing.

DEVIL'S REIGN SUPERIOR FOUR #1

• See "Marvel Comics: Devil's Reign in January" above.

FANTASTIC FOUR #39

HAWKEYE EPIC COLLECTION: AVENGING ARCHER TPB

HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP #3

JIM CHEUNG MASTERFULLY ILLUSTRATES DAREDEVIL, THANOS, AND MORE IN ALL-NEW HEADSHOT SKETCH COVERS! New variant cover collection featuring artwork by Jim Cheung coming in January

An all-new line of variant covers showcasing sketch art from superstar Jim Cheung will arrive in comic shops this January. These HEADSHOT SKETCH VARIANT COVERS perfectly showcase the raw talent of one of industry’s most renowned talent, known for his exemplary work on some of Marvel’s greatest stories and events. These unique covers will allow fans to get up close and personal witheight characters.

IMMORTAL HULK VOL 11: APOCRYPHA TPB

KING CONAN #2

MARAUDERS #27

• This is the end of the First Krakoan Age in Marauders. Something new in Marauders Annual #27 in a week or so and Marauders #28 next month.
  • Here's a preview.

MARVEL VOICES: HERITAGE #

• I thought this came out already. Maybe it got bumped, or maybe I'm just conflating all these "Voices" books in my head now.
  • Here's a preview, just in case.

MILES MORALES VOL 6: ALL EYES ON ME TPB

MS. MARVEL BEYOND LIMIT #2

SAVAGE AVENGERS #28

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS VOL 6 OMNIBUS H

• I started getting the Conan and Savage Sword of Conan omnibuses without considering how many there would eventually be. (Here's my math: A lot.) Since I have the originals — both comics and magazines — I'm tempted to forgo future volumes. Or, I could wait for the marketplace to speak, and make the matter moot. At some point, they won't sell well enough for Marvel to continue.

SHANG-CHI BY GENE LUEN YANG VOL 2: SHANG-CHI VS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE TPB

SPIDER-WOMAN #18

Story: Karla Pacheco | Art: Pere Pérez | Cover: Junggeun Yoon

Mayor Wilson Fisk is purging vigilantes from his city, and Spider-Woman is on his list! Fisk will do anything to bring her down, including going after her loved ones. It’s all on the line for Spider-Woman during DEVIL’S REIGN!

“Our Daredevil plan just kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it would clearly affect the Marvel Universe in huge ways,” Zdarsky explained. “Thankfully, Marvel recognized this as well and gave Marco and I the opportunity to tell the story on a massive stage with DEVIL’S REIGN! This is a proper Marvel event springing from the pages of Daredevil and I think all Marvel readers will love what’s coming!"

Here’s Pacheco had to say about what’s come for Jessica Drew:

“When Chip first asked about tying Spider-Woman into this spectacular event, I immediately said ‘How did you get this number, and what do you want?’ Okay, actually it was more me begging ‘PLEAAAAASE CHIP!!! LET ME AND PERE BE A PART OF THIS BIG AWESOME THINGY! WE LOVE DEADPOOL AND *YOU*. After he corrected me that it was a DAREDEVIL event, we were still really stoked about it. I can't wait for everyone to see how Jessica Drew handles the chaos Wilson Fisk is bringing to her world, and we have some absolutely explosive issues coming up. Devil's Reign threatens everyone Jess loves, AND brings back one of her greatest nemesisiseses in a way I don't think anyone will see coming. Especially not Jess!”

SPIDER-WOMAN VOL 3: BACK TO BASICS TPB

STAR WARS #20

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #20

STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS VOL 3 -- WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS TPB

STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC: EYE OF THE STORM #1

Story: Charles Soule | Art: Guillermo Sanna | Cover: Ryan Brown | Teen | $3.99

ACT ONE: Ro. The Truth. The Lie. The Kill.

• In which we reveal the true origins of MARCHION RO, the Eye of the Nihil and sworn enemy of the Jedi Order.
  • In which the lie at the heart of his family is exposed.
  • In which the doom of the High Republic begins ... with a single kill.
  • Fist issue!

THE THING #3

UNITED STATES OF CAPTAIN AMERICA TPB

WASTELANDERS BLACK WIDOW #1

Story: Steven S. DeKnight | Art: Well-Bee | Josemaria Casanovas | Parental Advisory | $3.99

WHO IS THE BLACK WIDOW?

The LIZARD KING has grown monstrous and deadlier than ever as the lord of his southern domain. But when rumor breaks that critical information is believed to be stored in his impenetrable fortress, only the greatest spy of all is up to the infiltration: the deadly BLACK WIDOW! But who is she, and how has she survived this many decades in the Wastelands undetected? Witness her first appearance in the Old Man Universe!

X OF SWORDS TPB

X-MEN HELLFIRE GALA RED CARPET COLLECTION HC

X-MEN LEGENDS #10

Story: Favian Nicieza | Art/Cover: Dan Jurgens

X-MEN LEGENDS, the extraordinary series that gives X-Men’s greatest creators the chance to revisit their historic runs, has already wowed X-Men fans with revelations like Adam-X’s true lineage, new motives for Apocalypse’s earliest battles, and more! And this December, startling secrets of the X-Men mythos continue to be exposed when '90s X-Men writer Fabian Nicieza returns to the series to introduce the Eighth Circle! Nicieza will be joined by legendary comic book artist Dan Jurgens, gracing the world of mutants with his iconic talents for the very first time!

Professor X. Beast. Magneto. Moira MacTaggert. Amanda Mueller. These leading experts on mutantkind have been assembled by Mr. Sinister to discuss the evolution of Homo superior … but to what devious end?! Rest assured, there’ll be at least one dead body before dessert at this meeting of mutantkind’s own illuminati!

"It's always fun to write Mr. Sinister, and the opportunity to broaden a storyline that never got full traction back in the day was cool," said Nicieza. "But the real treat was teaming with Dan Jurgens for the first time, after all this time! Another notch in my belt for great artists I've been privileged to work with!"

“When editor Mark Basso asked if I’d be interested in drawing an issue of X-MEN LEGENDS, I couldn’t possibly say no. After all, it’s one of the few top drawer properties that I really haven’t worked on,” said Jurgens. “The fact that it was written by my longtime pal Fabian Nicieza cemented the deal. We’ve always talked about working together but weren’t able to make it happen — until now!”

• I had forgotten all about Amanda Mueller. Still not sure why I should care about her.

X-MEN: MUTANT MASSACRE OMNIBUS NEW PRINTING HC

X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL 1 NEW PRINTING HC

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #326

ASCENDANCE OF A BOOKWORM PART 2 VOL 1 GN

ASSASSIN'S CREED: BLOODSTONE COLLECTION HC

Story: Guillaume Dorriso | Art: Ennio Bufi | Titan Comics | 96 pages | $17.99, £14.99

The secret struggle between Assassins and Templars hits the Vietnam War in a special, complete edition of this exciting graphic novel!

An exciting thriller set in the world of Assassin's Creed, from Guillaume Dorison (Assassin's Creed: Conspiracies, Devil May Cry) and artist Ennio Bufi (They Made History). When a Japanese hacker discovers a massive Templar data leak, his investigation leads him to relive the memories of an Assassin cell operating in the depths of 'Nam!

“Deftly scripted, beautifully illustrated" - Midwest Book Review

Guillaume Dorison is a French comic book writer who often writes under the pseudonym Izu. His projects include the complete series Omega Complex and Crusades. In 2011, he signed with Glénat for the comic strip series adapted from the new adventures of the Little Prince, as well as for several titles of the Explora collection for the same publisher.

Ennio Bufi is a Paris-based comic artist, animator and freelance visual developer. His first comic was the cyberpunk series Clockwerx, that he made in cooperation with writers Jason Henderson and Tony Salvaggio for Les Humanoïdes Associés in 2008 and 2009. He worked with fellow artist Didier Poli on the artwork of his next series, Neige Fondation (written by Didier Convard and Éric Adam, 2010-2012) and Les Seigneurs de Guerre (written by Guillaume Dorison since 2012).

• There's tons of Titan Comics this week, and I have something on nearly all of them. Enjoy!

ASSASSIN'S CREED: DYNASTY VOL 1

Story/Art: Xu Xian Zhe | TokyoPop | Teen | $14.99

Xu Xianzhe and Zhang Xiao's Assassin's Creed Dynasty is a brand-new original story set in the long-running historical fantasy video game series about ruthless assassins, clandestine cults and political intrigue. Mystery, historical fantasy and wuxia style action sequences come together in this exciting new manhua series. Featured as a gold title for Free Comic Book Day 2021!

In the 14th year of the Tianbao Era (CE 755) An Lushan, a military governor with ties to the Order of the Ancients, leads his elite corps to rebel against the Tang Dynasty, and the ill-prepared Tang empire falters under the threat. The two capitals Luoyang and Chang’an fall and China falls under the oppression of the cruel An Lushan.

As the Tang dynasty starts to crumble, Li E, a shady Assassin trained by the Hidden Ones in the far West, teams up with Tang loyalists to turn the tide and save both the dynasty and the country from this crisis.

• This is TokyoPop, not Titan. Yes, it's hard to keep up.

BAD BOYS HAPPY HOME VOL 3

BAD KITTY MEETS THE BABY GN

BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #300

BIGFOOT FRANKENSTEIN #4

BILLY THE KIT #4

BLACK FRIDAY TPB

BLOODBORNE 1-3 BOX SET

Story: Ales Kot | Art: Piotr Kowalski | Titan Comics | $49.99, £44.99

Discover the terrifying secrets of Old Yharnam in this deluxe box-set of the comic series spinning out of FROM SOFTWARE/Hidetaka Miyazaki's critically-acclaimed Bloodborne video game! Including art cards, featuring the cover art from the individual books.

Awakening in an ancient city plagued by a twisted endemic — where horrific beasts stalk the shadows and the streets run slick with the blood of the damned — a nameless Hunter embarks on a dangerous quest in search of Paleblood ... his only escape from the endless Night of the Hunt.

Ales Kot is a writer, director and producer with primary focus on film, comics, television and video games. He's responsible for Image titles such as ZERO, WOLF, MATERIAL, CHANGE, THE SURFACE and WILD CHILDREN, comics which have received many accolades from media such as Wired, The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter, Entertainment Weekly, and many others. He lives, unsurprisingly, mostly in Los Angeles.

Piotr Kowalski is a comic book writer and artist from Poland. Some of his work includes Robocop, Gail, Marvel Knights: Hulk, Dark Tower, Sex, Dark Souls and Titan's Wolfenstein series.

BLUE BARRY & PANCAKES VOL 3: DANGER ON MOUNT CHOCO GN

• This title made me laugh.

BOB FINGERMAN'S PARIAH REDUX TPB

BY THE GRACE OF GODS VOL 4 GN

CASE CLOSED VOL 81 GN

CLICK 4 BOOK BOXED SET

DAILY REPORT ABOUT MY WITCH SENPAI VOL. 1

Story/Art by: Maka Mochida | Translation: Liya Sultanova | Adaptation: Rebecca Hutchinson | Lettering: Kaitlyn Wiley | Seven Seas | 160 pages | Teen (13+) | $12.99

A sweet workplace romance with a touch of magic!

Misono is an office drone with his own ups and downs at work, but thankfully he has an ally–his senpai Shizuka, who happens to be a witch. Shizuka is always ready to lend a hand to those in need, but Misono thinks she should take better care of herself, since zipping around on a broomstick to run errands can be quite stressful. Is Misono’s overprotective concern for Shizuka driven by mere respect for this flustered witch, or could it be more? Let this magical romantic comedy cast its spell on you!

DANCING WITH THE DRAGON #3 (OF 4)

DEVIL TREE #2

DIFFICULT THING IMPORTANCE OF ADMITTING MISTAKES HC

DINO MIGHTY VOL 1: HEIST AGE GN

DOCTOR CROWE VOL 1 (OF 4)

DOCTOR WHO: EMPIRE OF THE WOLF #3

Story: Jody Houser | Art: Roberta Ingranata | Covers: Eleonora Carlini, VV Glass | Titan Comics | 32 pages | $3.99

Rose Tyler must work with the Doctors (Matt Smith and Paul McGann) to end the tyrannical rule of the warmongering BAD WOLF EMPRESS!

THE DRAGON KNIGHT’S BELOVED (MANGA) VOL. 1

Story/Art: Akito Ito Asagi Orikawa Ritsu Aozaki | Seven Seas | 162 pages | Teen (13+) | $12.99

A young woman begins a new life as a dragon master for a handsome earl in this tale of high fantasy romance.

Melissa is a maid-in-training at the royal castle, where her greatest joy is caring for the majestic steeds of the royal Dragon Knights. Her coming-of-age ceremony is fast approaching, and with it comes the need to decide what path her future will take. Melissa shares a special bond of friendship with Commander Hubert, the handsome knight who rides the mightiest of dragons, but their relationship is about to get complicated. Newly returned from a dangerous mission, Hubert makes a shocking request: Would Melissa pretend to be his lover, and move to his country estate, where wild dragons roam?

ESSENTIAL JUDGE DREDD: AMERICA TPB

ESSENTIAL JUDGE DREDD VOL 1: ORIGINS

ESSENTIAL JUDGE DREDD VOL 4: DREDD VS. DEATH TPB

FARMING LIFE IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 4 GN

FLY ME TO THE MOON VOL 9 GN

FRIEREN: BEYOND JOURNEY’S END VOL 2 GN

GLAM PRIX RACERS BACK ON TRACK GN

GRACELING GN

GREEN HORNET: SKY LIGHTS TPB

GRIMM SPOTLIGHT: HELLCHILD ONE-SHOT

• First issue!

HAPPY HILL #1 (OF 5)

• First issue!

HOOKY GN

HOTELL VOL 2 #2 (OF 5)

HOW REALIST HERO REBUILT KINGDOM OMNIBUS VOL 3 GN

HYPERTHICK #2 (OF 3)

KNIGHTED #3 (OF 5)

KUMA KUMA KUMA BEAR VOL 6 GN

LEVEL 1 DEMON LORD AND ONE ROOM HERO VOL 3 GN

LIVING ROOM MATSUNAGA SAN VOL 9 GN

LOST IN SPACE ULTIMATE COLLECTION GN

LOVESICK ELLIE VOL 1 GN

LUNAR ROOM #2

MALL NEW PTG TPB

MANIAC OF NEW YORK: BRONX BURNING #2

MAO VOL 3 GN

MARGINAL OPERATION VOL 8 GN

MIGHT AS WELL CHEAT: I GOT TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER WORLD WHERE I CAN LIVE MY WILDEST DREAMS! VOL. 1

Story/Art: Munmun Butcha-U Kei Mizuryu | Ghost Ship | 184 pages | Teen (17+) | $13.99

An isekai tale about a man reborn into a new world to live out a sexy fantasy!

When 30-year-old office drone Satou Tarou dies in an accident, a god intervenes and transports him to another world. After being granted two cheat powers — maxed-out healing and potion-making magic — Satou Tarou changes his name to Tauro, and begins his new life in this fantastical parallel world.

Adventure? World Domination? No, no, he’s not going to do anything dangerous like that. Not when there are brothels to visit!

• I can think of worse fates.

MOST NOTORIOUS TALKER RUNS GREATEST CLAN NOVEL VOL 2 SC

MY BAD #3 (OF 5)

NEW GATE MANGA VOL 8 GN

ORCS IN SPACE #7

PERSONA 5 VOL 8 GN

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA HC

Story: Cavan Scott | Art: José María Beroy | Titan Comics | 112 pages |  $29.99, £26.99

From the original libretto of Andrew Lloyd Webber's world-famous, multi-award-winning musical that has been playing continuously around the world for over 33 years comes this fully authorized graphic novel adaptation.

In 1881 the cast and crew of a new production, Hannibal, are terrorized by the Phantom of the Opera, a mysterious, hideously disfigured man who lives beneath the Paris Opera House. Hopelessly in love and obsessed with one of the chorus singers, the Phantom will stop at nothing to make her the star of the show, even if that means murder.

POKEMON ADV X Y VOL 1 GN

POKEMON SUN & MOON VOL 12 GN

RED XMAS TPB

REINCARNATED AS A SWORD VOL 8 GN

RENT A REALLY SHY GIRLFRIEND VOL 2 GN

RICK AND MORTY: CORPORATE ASSETS #3

RISE AND FALL OF THE TRIGAN EMPIRE VOL 3 TPB

RIVERS OF LONDON 4-6 BOX SET

Story: Ben Aaronovit | Art: Lee Sullivan | Titan Comics | 336 pages | $49.99, £39.99

CSI meets Harry Potter in this graphic novel from Ben Aaronovitch, writer of the bestselling Rivers of London supernatural police procedural crime novel series, and Andrew Cartmel author of The Vinyl Detective.

A stunning box set edition of three of the bestselling graphic novels in the Rivers of London sequence, starring Ben Aaronovitch's laconic trainee wizard and budding detective, Peter Grant.

RIVERS OF LONDON VOL. 9: MONDAY, MONDAY HC

Story: Ben Aaronovitch & Andrew Cartmel | Art: José María Beroy | Titan Comics | 112 pages | $17.99, £14.99

CSI meets Harry Potter in this graphic novel from Ben Aaronovitch, writer of the bestselling Rivers of London supernatural police procedural crime novel series, and Andrew Cartmel author of The Vinyl Detective.

It's the case of a Swedish Werewolf in London, the unmissable next chapter in the life of full-time cop and part time wizard Peter Grant. Grant works as part of a very special London police unit investigating unusual crimes involving magic and the general weirdness that permeates London's dark underbelly.

What starts as a routine undercover operation to break up an organised teenage pickpocket gang turns into something far more dangerous when the Metropolitan police are confronted by a Swedish werewolf who'll stop at nothing to avoid capture. Now it's up to Peter and his cohort of chums to hunt the deadly lycanthrope and bring him to justice!

ROBYN HOOD: HOME SWEET HOME

First issue!

RUNES COLLECTED EDITION TPB

RYAN’S WORLD: RED TITAN & NEVER ENDING MAZE GN

SHIKIMORI’S NOT JUST A CUTIE VOL 8 GN

SIGN OF AFFECTION VOL 4 GN

SNOWPIERCER VOL 1-3 HC BOX SET

Story: Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, Olivier Bocquet | Art: Jean-Marc Rochette | Titan | 600 pages | $79.99

On a future, frozen Earth, a train that never stops circumnavigates the globe. On board: all of humanity that we could save from the great disaster that wrapped the planet in ice. At the front of the train, the survivors live in comfort and luxury — at the rear, their lives are worse than cattle, trapped in the squalid dark. When one of the occupants of the tail breaks through into the main train — all hell follows in his wake!

The stunning graphic novels that inspired the movie and TNT/Netflix TV Series collected in English for the very first time! Collects the 3 original Snowpiercer graphic novels: The Escape, The Explorers and Terminus.

SPACE CADET #1

• First issue!

SPORTS IS HELL GN

STEIN’S GATE 0 VOL 3 TPB

SUPERBABES STARRING FEMFORCE #9

SWEAT AND SOAP VOL 11 GN

THE LAST SESSION #2

THE RISE #3 (OF 6)

THUNDER & CLUCK: SMART VS. STRONG GN

VERGE #4

WAILING BLADE VOL 1: HEADTAKER HC

WE RIDE TITANS #1

Story: Tres Dean | Art: Sebastián Piriz | Vault

Kaiju hit hard. Family hits harder.

Trying to keep your family from imploding is a tall order. Kit Hobbs is about to find out it's an even taller order when that family has been piloting the Titan that protects New Hyperion from kaiju for generations. Between a spiraling brother, a powder keg of a father, and a whole bunch of twenty-story monsters, she's got her work cut out for her.

“There are some stories where you just know," said Dean, "and when I first started scribbling out the bones of what would become WE RIDE TITANS on the Long Island Railroad in the summer of 2018 I knew. Having spent several years in the industry at that point I'd long wondered what my first creator-owned book would end up being. I often figured it would come down to whatever got picked up by a publisher first, leading to years and years of turning every single inkling of an idea I had into something I could show to a publisher. It changed with WE RIDE TITANS. I stopped trying to cater to genre, to trends, and to archetypes and instead built all of those things around themes I wanted (or maybe needed) to work with. The result: a big, bombastic story about mecha and kaiju with all of the questions I had about family, siblings, pain, anger, and the possibility of reconciliation at the core. By the time my train let me off at the Bellmore stop I knew this was the one — and that I'd do whatever it took to make sure that ended up being the case. I sure didn't know it'd be over three years before those first pages in my notebook came to fruition but to have made the book this way and with this team makes the wait worthwhile. Sebastián has been the artist I've wanted to tell this story with since day one and Vault has been the dream home for it from the moment pen hit paper. This team isn't knocking on the door - we're breaking it down and storming through with all the might of a hundred-story mech.”

“I gotta be honest, its giant robots vs Kaiju," added Piriz. "Tres didn't need to say anything more to have me onboard. But then I read the story treatment, and the scripts. ... It is a great story that will hit home for most of people. And all this working for one of the best publishers in comics. Working for Vault is in my bucket list since they launched their first books. You can't ask for much more than this.”

WOLVENHEART #10

WORLDS GREATEST FIRST LOVE VOL 15 GN

BOOKS

ART OF OVERWATCH VOL 2 HC

BALBUZAR HC

BOTTOM-TIER CHARACTER TOMOZAKI LIGHT NOVEL VOL 7 SC

DATE A LIVE LIGHT NOVEL VOL 4 SC

DEATH TAKES CENTER STAGE PAPERBACK

DISNEY’S SPACE MOUNTAIN LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK

DOCTOR STRANGE: TROUBLE IN THE DREAM DIMENSION LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK

FRIGHTFEST GUIDE TO GRINDHOUSE MOVIES SC

I OF THE NEEDLE NOVEL

KID FROM DUNGEON BOONIES MOVED STARTER TOWN NOVEL VOL 8 SC

MARVEL’S HAWKEYE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK

MY STATUS AS ASSASSIN EXCEEDS HERO LIGHT NOVEL VOL 3

REINVENTING COMICS SC NEW PTG

SAINT’S MAGIC POWER IS OMNIPOTENT LIGHT NOVEL SC VOL 5

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent (Light Novel) Vol. 5

Story/Art by: Yuka Tachibana Yasuyuki Syuri | Translation: Julie Goniwich | Interior Layout & Design: Clay Gardner | Seven Seas | 238 pages | $14.99

MERCHANT, LADY, SAINT

Now that Sei has performed multiple miracles in the capital and beyond, her reputation is on the rise, as are her business ventures. Unfortunately, not everyone harbors entirely noble intentions for the Saint. Some would use her for their own ends. That’s why Sei’s friends and benefactors want to help her start her own company, as well as to secure her official place in high society — before someone tries to claim everything she’s made, and everything she is, for themselves.

STAR WARS: STORY OF THE FAITHFUL WOOKIEE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK

TORTURE PRINCESS FREMD TORTURCHEN NOVEL SC VOL 7.5

UNWANTED UNDEAD ADVENTURER LIGHT NOVEL VOL 3

WALT DISNEY’S MOTHER GOOSE LITTLE GOLDEN BOARD BOOK

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• JLA VS. LSH:

"I know there are some here who don't care for Brian Bendis' writing..."

That would be me. I am truly ambivalent about this series. I have virtually every appearance of LSH to date (and of JLA, up to a point), and the ones I don't have I don't particularly want. I'll give it a flip-trough in the hope the art turns me off (the cover doesn't do anything for me).

MARVEL HOMAGE VARIANT COVERS: I am going to forego my impulse to make snarky comments about each of the cover choices (you're welcome). Besides, I'm not likely to come up with anything better than "Homage to Amazing Fantasy #15, but just barely."

WCA "DARKER THAN SCARLET" TPB:

"We have since learned that the story was truncated, so I don't really know where he was going with it."

Briefly, Byrne had established that the Scarlet Witch's powers work by reaching back through the temporal chain of events leading to a single moment, effectively altering time retroactively. This eventually comes to the attention of Immortus. Throughout Byrne's run we were shown Immortus pinching off alternate realities in order to whittle the multiverse down into a single timeline, one which he would control. His plan was to use the Scarlet Witch to alter probabilities in such a way that, when the Avengers battled Kang for the first time, Kang won. 

• Not sure I'm crazy about where the Byrne story would leave Wanda, although it has the benefits of being internally consistent and echoes Englehart's work with Immortus. But it's still better than her being a crazed mass murderer who has to kill herself to achieve redemption.

That happened in Trial of Magneto, if you didn't read it. And in that story she achieved some sort of closure on that whole sordid Bendis affair, and is now called "The Redeemer" instead of the "The Pretender" by Krakoans. Also, Magneto accepts her as his daughter regardless of bloodlines (which she is, and she's a mutant, too, at least on Earth-Cap).

This reply was deleted.