ORCS: THE CURSE #1 (OF 4)

DARK HORSE

BLADE OF IMMORTAL DELUXE EDITION VOL 6 HC

ELFQUEST: STARGAZER’S HUNT VOL 2 TPB

JENNY ZERO II #2

MAZEBOOK HC

MOTHERBRIDGE: SEEDS OF CHANGE TPB

9728850059?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: George Mann | $19.99

Dark Horse Comics is pleased to announce a new original graphic novel that explores motherhood and myth in the dystopian fantasy MOTHERBRIDGE: Seeds of Change. This new, emotionally rich epic from Sunday Times bestselling creator of Newbury & Hobbes George Mann and rising artist Aleta Vidal arrives May 2022.

In the aftermath of a failed utopia, an exiled woman fights to be reunited with her children by harnessing the mythic power that changed the planet forever.

Twenty years ago, the World Mother awoke, forming an enormous "worldbridge" from man-made ruins and knotted vegetation that spanned the globe. Borders fell, millions migrated and legendary creatures returned to the forests. But recently, the World Mother has gone silent, and the worldbridge has begun to wither. Borders are being reinstated. Now, one woman, cast out by her adoptive nation, must assemble a team of outcasts to reawaken the World Mother and bring down the wall separating her from her family.

Motherbridge is a story very close to my heart, and one that’s been bubbling away in my subconscious for many years. In some ways it’s a reaction to the global difficulties we’re all living through at the moment — climate change, species extinction, isolationist politics — but it’s also very much a story of hope and love. At its heart, this is a tale about family, both biological and found, and about how even the smallest acts of compassion can change the world for the better. It’s been a joy to work on this book with Aleta and watch her bring Hayley and her world to stunning, vivid life.” — George Mann.

“It took a second from when I received the proposal to work on this project until I accepted it, I felt it was for me from minute one. This story is a tribute to diversity and love for our world, with a family finding each other in the middle and enlarging it along the way. This is a great love story. Working on things that I believe in, teaming up with people who share those beliefs like George, gives me the strength to carry them out. I’ve draw from the soul every line.” — Aleta Vidal

THE WARD #1 (OF 4)

10220997470?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Cavan Scott | Art/Cover: Andres Ponce | $3.99

From Cavan Scott, the New York Times bestselling writer of Star Wars: The High Republic and Call of Duty: Zombies and Dean Koontz´s Frankenstein artist Andres Ponce comes The Ward, an intense supernatural medical drama featuring an assortment of creatures and human pathos coming from Dark Horse this Summer!

St. Lilith’s is a secret hospital for supernatural creatures. The personnel are overworked and the facility is underfunded. It’s a place, and a life, Dr. Nat Reeves thought she left behind. Until a wounded woman with a tail appears on her doorstep. The Ward is a perfect read for fans of Supernatural, iZombie and Grimm.

“I’ve always been fascinated in ordinary people doing extraordinary things in the most incredible of situations,” says Scott, “and that certainly describes the indomitable Nat Reeves as she plunges head first into a shift in the world’s only emergency room for supernatural entities. From murderous minotaurs to gelatinous cubes with severe cases of food poisoning, no two patients are alike at St. Lilith’s.

“However, as we know from shows like E.R. and Grey’s Anatomy, the biggest dramas come from the lives of the medical staff themselves and St. Lilith’s is no different. As Nat navigates everything from the troubled birth of a giantess’s baby to a growing plague among the preternatural patients, she must also balance her life as a mother with the professional jealousies she faces every day in her job. Can she keep her work at St. Lilith’s a secret while protecting those closest to her?”

Praise for Cavan Scott:

“Cavan Scott is a masterful storyteller who understands the nuance and emotional undercurrents of horror and wields them with brutal efficiency.” — New York Times Bestselling Author of Dreadnation, Justina Ireland.

“If anyone knows how to navigate the twisting crossroads of horror and dark fantasy, it’s Cavan Scott.” — Screenwriter and author of Whisper Down The Lane, Clay McLeod Chapman

“Cavan Scott is a master of the macabre. Yet amongst the darkness, his characters shine with real heart and humanity. The Ward is urban fantasy at its very best.” — Sunday Times Bestselling author of the Newbury and Hobbes adventure, George Mann

"It's a rare skill to bridge the gap between tales of epic scope and the universality of human experience. Cavan has shown time and again that he's a master of the art; investing the most relatable emotion into the most spectacular scenarios." — Award-winning writer of Hellblazer, Coda and Step By Bloody Step, Si Spurrier

"Cavan Scott is a gifted, multi-genre writer who excels wherever he goes. Horror, sci-fi, you name it. A sharp plotter with a knack for character, I'm a lock for whatever Cavan does next." — Acclaimed author of Secret Identity, The Black Ghost and Star Wars Poe Dameron: Free Fall, Alex Segura

"Cavan Scott is one of those rare writers who not only thoroughly understands many genres, but he knows how to turn them inside out and find something unique and innovative with each story he tells. His stories are layered with meaning, his characters rich with texture. No matter where he goes — fantasy, horror, or otherwise — I'm sure to follow." — Michael Moreci, author, comic writer and screenwriter of Barbaric and Revealer

WINDS OF NUMA SERA TPB

10143253458?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Morgan Rosenblum, Jonny Handler | Art:  Eduard Petrovich, Eduardo Mello, Alessio Moroni, Filipe Andrade | Cover: Philip Kruse  | $24.99

From creators and writers Morgan Rosenblum and Jonny Handler (Treadwater), and artists Eduard Petrovich (X-Men, Spider-Man), Filipe Andrade (The Many Deaths of Laila Starr), Eduardo Mello (Batman: Crack the Case), Alessio Moroni (Zombicide: Day One), and Valentina Taddeo (Star Wars Adventures), and lettered by Ismail Nihad comes Winds of Numa Sera, a grand fantasy epic in a blockbuster setting!

In the land of Ethera, you either rule or be ruled. The Empire of Numa Sera holds sovereignty over the continent. But following the untimely death of their ambitious Emperor, his adolescent daughter Lelia has inherited the throne. With the young girl in power, the “One True Kingdom” now finds itself vulnerable as other nations seek to overcome its supremacy. Within this kingdom, four individuals will fight to make their own fate. Or fall prey to someone else’s. We follow Lelia, the child Empress with the weight of the world on her shoulders. Kelesandra, the Baron’s daughter who seeks a life which is forbidden to her. Krill, a stable boy framed for murder. And Sjorsja, a warrior who seeks to change the ways of his people. Will they be prepared for the chances that will come and seize opportunity? Or will they bend to fear? In this world, there is no in between. You either reign. Or hail.

DC COMICS

GEORGE PEREZ CELEBRATION

10432778067?profile=RESIZE_710xDC will celebrate the 68th birthday of George Pérez, one of the titans of the comic industry, with a two-page spread featuring some of his most beloved characters in each of its June periodical releases. Working from a layout designed by Dan Jurgens, some of the industry’s biggest names including Jim Lee, Walter Simonson, Alex Ross, Dave Gibbons, Todd McFarlane, Daniel Sampere, Jerry Ordway, Nicola Scott and many more, collaborated on the colorful spread.

“When I was asked to come up with a design and layout that would honor George Pérez and his many incredible contributions to DC Comics over the years, I was truly honored,” said Dan Jurgens. “I have admired George’s work since I first saw it and have had the good fortune to work with him in different capacities, on a number of projects. More importantly, I’ve been able to see the way George treats fans and readers, always smiling, gregarious and approachable. It was a joy to watch this cover come together and I’m sure everyone who contributed feels the same way.”

The tribute features the following DC characters that Pérez is most known for, as well as the man himself, drawn by a number of the top artists in the industry and colored by Hi-Fi:

• The Monitor & Anti-Monitor - Jim Lee & Scott Williams
  • Trigon - Todd McFarlane
  • The Spectre - Alex Ross
  • Darkseid - Walter Simonson
  • Firestorm & The Justice League Satellite - Scott Kolins
  • Ares & Hippolyta - Phil Jimenez
  • Cheetah & The Amazons - Colleen Doran
  • Lady H.I.V.E. & H.I.V.E. Agents - Scott Koblish
  • Vigilante - Dave Gibbons
  • Cheshire - Joëlle Jones
  • Brother Blood - Darryl Banks
  • Blackfire - Mike McKone
  • Gizmo & Mammoth - Klaus Janson
  • Shimmer - Bruno Redondo
  • Psimon - Mikel Janín
  • Neutron & Jinx - Dan Mora
  • The Legion of Super-Heroes - Francis Manapul
  • The Justice Society of America - Jerry Ordway
  • Power Girl & Huntress - Kevin Maguire
  • The Justice League of America (and the background) - Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund
  • Superboy-Prime & Alexander Luthor - Ivan Reis
  • Supergirl - Gary Frank
  • Harbinger - Adam Hughes
  • Pariah - Daniel Sampere
  • Jericho & Kole - Nicola Scott
  • The New Teen Titans, Deathstroke & George Pérez - José Luis García-López

10432779887?profile=RESIZE_710xAccompanying the spread on a separate page will be a key highlighting the characters and artists that participated.

In addition to being included in all of DC’s June issues, the tribute will also be featured as a variant cover for Dark Crisis #7. Each issue of the event series will feature a cover highlighting a previous crisis event from DC’s history, starting with the genre defining Crisis on Infinite Earths by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez for issue #1. Artwork and additional details on each of the covers will be announced at a later date.

"George Pérez is one of my favorite comic storytellers of all time. To say he’s a ‘great artist’ is a massive understatement,” said Dark Crisis writer Joshua Williamson. “His work on the original Crisis of Infinite Earths inspired so much of my love for DC Comics. When I saw DC editors pull together this incredible piece with so many amazing legendary artists celebrating George, I won't lie, it was emotional.  And now it's an honor to have this tribute be a cover to Dark Crisis."

A special version of the Dark Crisis #7 variant cover will be available for sale by The Hero Initiative to raise funds for one of Pérez’s favorite charities. Pérez is a founding member of Hero Initiative’s board of directors and has served as chair of its Disbursement Committee.

• It sure would have been nice if Pérez had lived to see this. I'm sure he was aware of it, since I got this press release months ago, but still.

AQUAMAN: ANDROMEDA #1 (OF 3)

10533491060?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Ram V. | Art/Cover: Christian Ward | $6.99

Deep in the Pacific Ocean, at the farthest possible distance from any land, sits Point Nemo: the spaceship graveyard. Since the dawn of the space race, the nations of the world have sent their crafts there on splashdown, to sink beneath the silent seas. But there is something ... else at Point Nemo. A structure never made by human hands. And that structure seems to be ... waking up. The crew of the experimental submarine Andromeda, powered by a mysterious black-hole drive, have been chosen to investigate this mystery. But they aren’t the only ones pursuing it. Anything of value beneath the ocean is of value to the master pirate Black Manta ... and anything that attracts Black Manta attracts Arthur Curry, his lifelong foe, the Aquaman! But heaven help them all when the doors of the mystery at Point Nemo swing wide to admit them. ... Bringing a bracing cosmic-horror sensibility to the world of Aquaman, rising superstars Ram V (Venom, The Swamp Thing) and Christian Ward (Thor, Invisible Kingdom) team up to put Arthur Curry through an exercise in psychological terror that could break the will of even a king!

• So, instead of an ongoing, is Aquaman just going to star in a series of miniseries? I think this is the third in a row.

10535496076?profile=RESIZE_710x10535496252?profile=RESIZE_710x10535495490?profile=RESIZE_710x10535495652?profile=RESIZE_710x

10535495859?profile=RESIZE_710x10535495674?profile=RESIZE_710xBATMAN #124

BATMAN BEYOND: NEO-YEAR #3 (OF 6)

BATMAN: KILLING TIME #4 (OF 6)

DARK CRISIS #1 (OF 7)

10533498688?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Joshua Williamson | Art/Cover: Daniel Sampere | $5.99
Crisis on Infinite Earths. Infinite Crisis. Final Crisis. And now...Dark Crisis! The epic event years in the making is finally here! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League are dead. The remaining heroes are left to protect the world from an onslaught of violent attacks by DC’s greatest villains! Can the legacy heroes step out of the shadows of the classic heroes to form a new Justice League? And will that be enough to stop a darkness greater than anything they’ve ever faced from destroying everything? Don’t miss out on the first issue of the blockbuster event of the summer!

10535497072?profile=RESIZE_710x10535496480?profile=RESIZE_710x

10535496491?profile=RESIZE_710x10535496674?profile=RESIZE_710xDARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL #7 (OF 12)

DC PRIDE 2022 #1 ONE-SHOT

10470349890?profile=RESIZE_710x10470349853?profile=RESIZE_710x10392109882?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Various | Covers: Phil Jimenez & Arif Prianto, Jen Bartel (1:25 retail incentive foil variant), Joshua "Sway" Swaby (wraparound variant) | 104 pages | Prestige format | $9.99

With more than 100 pages of original stories and content, DC Pride 2022 celebrates the strength and courage it takes to be a DC Super Hero.

DC Pride 2022’s storytellers have ambitious goals: to deliver new stories, highlight DC’s fan-favorite LGBTQIA+ characters and show fans more pride than ever before. And they can’t wait for readers to see what they’ve produced! Released today are all the latest details about DC Pride 2022, including an excerpt from Nicole Maines’ introduction, the addition of Kevin Conroy (the iconic voice of Batman in Batman: The Animated Series), J. Bone and Aditya Bidikar to an already packed roster of talent, a first look at some of the artwork coming in from the creative teams, and more.

So, what’s inside DC Pride 2022? Will there be a Harley and Ivy story? Will there be a Tim Drake story? What other characters are getting a spotlight? The answers are “Yes, yes and wait and see!” but before DC reveals of the full list of talent contributing to DC Pride 2022, please take a moment to read a passage from Nicole Maines’ introduction. The author, actress and real-life superhero is on the front lines of activism and has an important message for readers:

“Representation is something that so many take for granted. But as queer people, we have always understood not only its necessity, but its power. Seeing yourself in the media you consume is validating in a way that says, 'You are not alone.'

"Seeing yourself in comic books, though, in your favorite superheroes, is especially powerful. It tells us that not only are there other people like us out there (something that this young trans girl growing up in rural Maine desperately needed), but that they stand alongside the very best of us.

"They are the best of us.

"Superheroes set the bar and they set it high. Because if you can be a superhero, you can be anything. And superheroes are categorized as such not due to their superhuman abilities, extraterrestrial origins, or truly fabulous fashion choices. They are superheroes because they stand up for what is right against any odds.

"It is their courage that sets them apart.” — Nicole Maines, DC Pride 2022

Maines’ full introduction, plus a teaser for her upcoming DC project, is sure to rally fans for more stories about Dreamer, the character Maines originated on The CW’s Supergirl and then brought to comics in 2021. And stay tuned … there’ll be more news from Maines very soon!

And now for the action! Check out all the incredible stories that DC Pride 2022 will include and the talent behind them, then scroll down for a few sneak-peek previews and more!

The DC Pride 2022 stories include:

"Super Pride" by Devin Grayson, Nick Robles, Triona Farrell and Aditya Bidika

"The Gumshoe in Green" by Tini Howard, Evan Cagle and Lucas Gattoni

"Confessions" by Stephanie Williams, Meghan Hetrick, Marissa Louise and Ariana Maher

"Up at Bat" by Jadzia Axelrod, Lynne Yoshii, Tamra Bonvillain and Ariana Maher

"Are You Ready for This?" by Danny Lore & Ivan Cohen, Brittney Williams, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Ariana Maher

"A World Kept Just for Me" by Alyssa Wong, W. Scott Forbes and Ariana Maher

"Finding Batman" by Kevin Conroy, J.Bone and Aditya Bidikar

"Public Display of the Electromagnetic Spectrum" by Greg Lockard, Giulio Macaione and Aditya Bidikar

"Special Delivery" by Travis Moore, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Ariana Maher

"Think of Me" by Ted Brandt & Ro Stein and Frank Cvetkovic

"The Hunt" by Dani Fernandez, Zoe Thorogood, Jeremy Lawson and Aditya Bidikar

"Bat's in the Cradle" by Stephanie Philips, Samantha Dodge, Marissa Louise and Lucas Gattoni

• The Marvel version of this will be along shortly.

10392110284?profile=RESIZE_710x10392111275?profile=RESIZE_710x10392110856?profile=RESIZE_710x10392110656?profile=RESIZE_710x10392110484?profile=RESIZE_710x10392111658?profile=RESIZE_710x

10470351487?profile=RESIZE_710x10470351885?profile=RESIZE_710x10470352266?profile=RESIZE_710x10470352900?profile=RESIZE_710x10470353656?profile=RESIZE_710x10470353877?profile=RESIZE_710x

10469510496?profile=RESIZE_710xEARTH-PRIME #5 (OF 6)

FLASHPOINT BEYOND #2 (OF 6)

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: FIVE YEARS LATER OMNIBUS VOL 2

MAD MAGAZINE #26

MONKEY PRINCE #5 (OF 12)

MULTIVERSITY: TEEN JUSTICE #1 (OF 6)

10484591280?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Ivan Cohen, Danny Lore | Art: Marco Failla | Covers: Robbi Rodriguez, Stephen Byrne, Stephanie Hans, Bengal, Marco Failla & Enrica Eren Angiolini | $3.99

Following their debut in DC's Very Merry Multiverse (December 2020) and a marquee appearance in DC Pride 2022 (on June 7), Teen Justice crosses the DC Multiverse and stars in their own miniseries! The secrets of Earth-11’s newest heroes and villains unfold in DC’s most exciting new team title — Multiversity: Teen Justice by Ivan Cohen, Danny Lore, Marco Failla, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Carlos M. Mangual!

The incredible debut issue, publishing on June 7, begins with an attack by the H.I.V.E. and ends in the Church of Blood. What is Sister Blood’s true mission among the lost souls of New York City? Can Teen Justice get through their growing pains fast enough to learn the answer in time to stop it? And what role will the mysterious Raven — the brooding hero who has refused to join the team in the past — play in the ultimate battle?

Looking for a primer on the Earth-11 heroes of Multiversity: Teen Justice? DC has produced a series of trading card-style biographies of the main cast! Kid Quick — the Future State Flash — and their fellow heroes Supergirl, Robin, Aquagirl, Klarienne the Witch Girl and Troy take center stage in a miniseries that rocks Earth-11 to its core! Get a few insights into the Teen Justice team dynamics in their descriptions below: 

• KID QUICK (Jess Chambers) — they/them/their
  • AQUAGIRL (Jacqui Hyde) — she/her/hers
  • KLARIENNE (“the Witch Girl”) — she/her/hers
  • SUPERGIRL (Laurel Kent) — she/her/hers
  • ROBIN (Talia Kane) — she/her/hers
  • TROY (Donald Troy) — he/him/his
  • RAVEN (real name unknown) — he/him/his

As a bonus feature, the team’s introduction story, “To Stop the Star-Conqueress” by Ivan Cohen, Eleonora Carlini, Ulises Arreola and Becca Carey from DC's Very Merry Multiverse, will be reprinted in this new issue.

• "Klarienne"? Man, they're not even trying.

10484588883?profile=RESIZE_710x10484590289?profile=RESIZE_710x10484588476?profile=RESIZE_710x10484591060?profile=RESIZE_710x10484590088?profile=RESIZE_710x10484588679?profile=RESIZE_710x10484589475?profile=RESIZE_710x

10484592657?profile=RESIZE_710x10484605053?profile=RESIZE_710x10484592088?profile=RESIZE_710x10535500484?profile=RESIZE_710x10535500292?profile=RESIZE_710x

10484592459?profile=RESIZE_710xNUBIA: QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS #1 (OF 4)

10533508287?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Stephanie Williams | Art: Alitha Martinez, Mark Morales | Cover: Khary Randolph | $3.99

Nubia may be queen, but not all Amazons call Themyscira home, which prompts the new monarch to leave Themyscira for the first time in decades to serve her people in a way Hippolyta never had the opportunity to. Now, as she embarks on her tour through Man’s World to show off the newly established sisterhood, she will be met with joy, distrust and danger. As she travels to the homes of both the Bana-Mighdall and Esquecida tribes, something lurks in the shadows following her every move. A villain from Nubia’s mysterious past has been waiting for the day the queen joined the outside world again, and they’re ready to make her wish she never left the paradise! Taking place right after the Nubia: Coronation Special, a second miniseries for the fan-favorite Amazon begins! You won’t want to miss the exciting new adventures of the one true queen, brought to you by the creative team behind Nubia & the Amazons — writer Stephanie Williams and artist Alitha Martinez!

• I hope they give Nubia an actual personality this time around.

POISON IVY #1

10533509273?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: G. Willow Wilson | Art: Marcio Takara | Cover: Jessica Fong | $3.99

Pamela Isley has been a lot of things in her life. A living god, a super-villain, an activist, a scientist, and dead. In a new body that she didn’t ask for and with a renewed sense of purpose, Ivy leaves Gotham and sets out to complete her greatest work — a gift to the world that will heal the damage dealt to it...by ending humanity. Spinning out of the pages of Batman, DC is proud to present the unbelievable next chapter in Poison Ivy’s life by the incredible creative team of G. Willow Wilson and Marcio Takara. Featuring a stunning cast of variant cover artists, including Warren Louw, Frank Cho, Dan Mora, Nick Robles ... and introducing main cover artist Jessica Fong!

• I've lost track of Poison Ivy since Heroes in Crisis (which I've tried to forget). How'd she come back from the dead? This time, I mean.

STATIC: SEASON ONE HC

10533509694?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Vita Ayala | Art: Nikolas Draper-Ivey, ChrisCross | Cover: Khary Randolph
At long last, the most famous face of the Milestone Universe is making his shocking return! Bullied nerd Virgil Hawkins wasn't the kind of kid you’d normally find on the streets at a protest—but like everyone else in the city of Dakota, he was fed up. Unfortunately, the first time he stood up to raise his voice, the world turned upside down. The experimental tear gas released that day left some of his classmates maimed or dead…but it left Virgil, and others, with stunning new abilities. Virgil has power inside him now — real power, the ability to channel and manipulate electromagnetic fields. But there’s anger burning inside him, too. What is he supposed to do about all of this? And first and foremost — what is he supposed to do about his bullies, now that they’ve got superpowers too? A dynamic creative team of new comics voices and Milestone Media veterans join forces to open up a new chapter in the story of the most iconic Black teen superhero in comics history. Collects Milestone Returns: Infinite Edition #0 and Static: Season One #1-6.

• Virgil was always my favorite Milestone character. But isn't he everyone's?

TALES FROM THE DC DARK MULTIVERSE II TPB

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

BETTIE PAGE: ALIEN AGENDA #4

INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9

NUX #7

VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #2

IDW PUBLISHING

GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #293

ROCKETEER: THE GREAT RACE #3 (OF 4)

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: ADVENTURES IN THE 32ND CENTURY #4 (OF 4)

TRANSFORMERS: LAST BOT STANDING #2

POSSIBLY BUMPED FROM LAST WEEK

• CAPTAIN ACTION CLASSIC COLLECTION HC
  • FREE PASS GN
  • GIRL AND THE GLIM GN
  • SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VOL 11: ZETI HUNT TPB
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES REBORN VOL 4: SOW WIND REAP TPB
  • TRANSFORMERS VOL 5: HORRORS NEAR AND FAR HC
  • USAGI YOJIMBO ORIGINS VOL 3: DRAGON BELLOW CONSPIRACY TPB

IMAGE COMICS

CROSSOVER VOL 2 TPB

CYBERFORCE #1 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

GRIP OF THE KOMBINAT TPB

10032450887?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Damon Gentry, Simon Roy | Art/Cover: Damon Gentry, Simon Roy  | $16.99

Fan-favorite creators Simon Roy (Prophet, Habitat, First Knife) and Damon Gentry (Sabertooth Swordsman, Vinegar Teeth) team up for a new science-fiction adventure in the upcoming Grip of the Kombinat. This original graphic novel will hit shelves in June from Image Comics.

"This book was a real labor of love for Damon and me — we wrote the first story WAY back in 2015 over a rowdy weekend. Then, after much hemming and hawing, we decided to draw it together, between the two of us, in 2017," said Roy. "Once the first piece of the puzzle was complete, we would meet up each year for weekend-long benders and write/thumbnail a few stories at a time. A process that was bad for the liver and lungs, but magic on the page."

In Grip of the Kombinat, two megacorporations wage an eternal tug-of-war for the ruins of our future solar system. Pulpy action, escalating unintended consequences, wry satire and pure tomfoolery combine into seven potent chapters of comics entertainment.

Gentry added: "Grip of the Kombinat is a love letter to the big beautiful wide world of science fiction. We dug deep on all our favorite genre fiction, ripped out their guts and wet-slapped them together to create a terrifying Frankenstein (the doctor, not the monster)."

Grip of the Kombinat is best described as an unholy lovechild of Verhoeven and Asimov and a must-read for science fiction fans.

METAL SOCIETY #2

MIRKA ANDOLFO’S SWEET PAPRIKA #10

OBLIVION SONG BY KIRKMAN & DE FELICI #36

10505858261?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Robert Kirkman | Art: Annalisa Leoni | Art/Cover: Lorenzo De Felici | $5.99

Today Image/Skybound unveiled a first look at Oblivion Song #36, the series finale of the acclaimed series from the iconic team of writer Robert Kirkman, artist Lorenzo De Felici colorist Annalisa Leoni, and letterer Rus Wooton.  

A decade ago, 300,000 citizens of Philadelphia were suddenly lost in Oblivion. Nathan Cole was the only one who never gave up searching that apocalyptic hellscape. 

It’s all been leading to this. The war with the Kuthaal has ended, but who is the victor? And how has this conflict changed the world ... and Nathan Cole? 

Select Praise for Oblivion Song: 

“Likely to exceed the expectations of readers across the board. It reveals De Felici as an artist well worth watching as he crafts setting and characters in equally fascinating degrees. It also pushes Kirkman beyond his comfort zone.” — ComicBook.com

“Add Oblivion Song to the list of must-read Robert Kirkman books.” — AIPT Comics

Oblivion Song is the total package, delivering terrifying monsters, personal character development, stunning artwork and a great story.” — Horror DNA 

“A compelling sci-fi adventure packed with emotion.” — Monkeys Fighting Robots

“An all-in, one-of-a-kind story that should not be missed.” — PopCult HQ 

“The visuals and world building is fantastic, with every detail adding to the experience. But, it’s the heart and experience at the center of it all that’s the driver. We get the sense of loss and trauma from these characters. Their pathos is our draw.” — Graphic Policy 

“Transporting readers to another world, the freakish creatures of Oblivion have their share of scares even as you fall deeper and deeper into a wondrous fantasy. It’s not just the danger, it’s the seduction of it all, so take your time with this Oblivion Song. Breathe it in and let yourself explore this strange new world ... but be careful not to be swept away.” — Newsarama

“Robert Kirkman at his best.” — ComicBook.com

SKYBOUND PRESENTS AFTERSCHOOL #1

10484614257?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Justin Benson, Aaron Morehead | Art: Greg Hinkle, Giovanna Niro | Cover: Veronica Fish | $4.99

Morals have eroded. Your kids are out of control. Skybound’s new teen horror anthology is going to teach them a lesson.

Today Image/Skybound announced Skybound Presents Afterschool, a new miniseries debuting in June that takes the familiar cautionary tales we’ve all learned in our youths and flips them on their (severed) heads.

Each standalone Afterschool special features its own team of acclaimed writers and all-star artists from comics, television and beyond, including Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead (Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight) and Greg Hinkle (The Rattler, Airboy); Kate Herron (Sex Education, Marvel Studios’ Loki) & Briony Redman (the BAFTA Rocliffe-winning Pont Brec) alongside Leila Leiz (M.O.M.: Mother of Madness, Horde); and Jill Blotevogel (Scream: The TV Series) with Marley Zarcone (Shade, the Changing Girl; Effigy), to give each issue a distinct horrifying feel, with its own relatable characters and truly chilling lessons.

In this debut issue, the acclaimed writing duo Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead (Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight) team up with artist Greg Hinkle (Radio Spaceman) to present a standalone horror story soaked in blood and tears. Afterschool #1 will be colored by Giovanna Niro (Two Moons, Summoner’s War: Legacy) and lettered by Pat Brosseau (Birthright, Manifest Destiny), and features a stunning cover by Veronica Fish (Archie, Sabrina the Teenage Witch). 

The world seems like a frightening place. We’re here to show you just how much that’s true.

"As a horror fan, this series has been a dream come true to work on,” said Jon Moisan, Editor at Skybound Entertainment. “Every creator featured across each issue is among the most exciting I’ve ever worked with and the scares they’ve dreamed up are beyond anything I’ve ever seen in a comic book. Trust me when I say that you DO NOT want to be sent to detention with any of the monsters featured within.”

The debut issue by Benson, Moorhead, Greg Hinkle and Giovanna Niro follows Nora, whose anxiety prevented her from approaching high school with any degree of confidence. Until she adopts Janie, an emotional support dog with a winning smile and a killer secret. But just how far will Nora go to keep her new life?

“As lifelong fans of bold anthology storytelling, and as two people who live on a diet of weird fiction, we couldn’t be more proud to be part of Afterschool,” said Benson and Moorhead.

“Drawing horror is always fun, but it’s a real treat when creators like Aaron and Justin bring such a fleshed out idea to the table,” said Hinkle. “This was a very, very fun book to get to draw, and with colors by Giovanna Niro, one that I’m very excited to show off.”

SPAWN #330

SWING VOL 5 TPB

THAT TEXAS BLOOD #14

TIME BEFORE TIME #13

10204489268?profile=RESIZE_710x10204489458?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Declan Shalvey, Rory McConville | Art: P. J. Holden, Chris O'Halloran | Covers: Declan Shalvey, Vlad Legostaev | $3.99

Ukrainian artist Vlad Legostaev is teaming up with Declan Shalvey and Rory McConville for two connecting Time Before Time covers — the proceeds for which will go toward supporting Ukrainian Red Cross relief efforts.

“With Time Before Time we always ask great exciting artists to provide B covers for the series. We recently asked the hugely talented Vlad Legostaev to provide a wonderful connecting cover for an exciting 2-part story by Rory McConville and Ron Salas,” said Shalvey. “Unfortunately since then, Vlad’s home country has suffered true horrors, so, with Vlad’s permission, we decided to use his art to try to raise money for those suffering in Ukraine. So now, the proceeds from Vlad’s B cover for Time Before Time #13 and 14 will be donated to the Ukrainian Red Cross. We hope Vlad’s art can help his homeland, in some small way.”

In the Time Before Time series, to escape a world with no future, many turn to the Syndicate — a criminal organization that, for the right price, will smuggle you back in time to the promise of a better yesterday.

TWIG #2

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3

DAREDEVIL BRUBAKER LARK OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1 (OF 5)

10432843263?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Christos Gage & Donald Mustard | Art: Sergio Dávila | Covers: Leinil Francis Yu, John Cassaday, Jim Cheung, Donald Mustard, Bill Sienkiewicz, Ron Lim | $5.99

The hunt for the Zero Shard begins! On June 8, Marvel and Fortnite fans are in for another unforgettable interdimensional battle with FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1! The five-issue limited series will see veteran Marvel writer Christos Gage (SPIDER-GEDDON, AVENGERS ACADEMY) team up with Epic Games’ Chief Creative Officer, Donald Mustard and artist Sergio Davíla (CAPTAIN MARVEL) for an in-continuity saga packed with enormous ramifications for both universes! The comic’s story follows the inhabitants on the Island who are locked in what seems to be a never-ending war, and only one thing has the potential to turn the tide — a crystallized fragment of the Zero Point that was cast into the Marvel Universe! For the first time, fans will witness iconic Fortnite characters adventure alongside heroes such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man and Shuri. Can these newfound allies find the Zero Shard in time and avert catastrophe? Get your first look at the battles to come in the all-new FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1 trailer, featuring never-before-seen artwork!

“MARVEL X FORTNITE: ZERO WAR is the kind of epic, widescreen, action-packed event that both Marvel and Fortnite fans love,” Gage promises. “Getting to work on it with the brilliant Donald Mustard, Sergio Davila, and the rest of our incredible creative team is a dream come true. I get to write a story with dinosaurs, a giant robot, Marvel superheroes, Fortnite characters and Dr. Doom ... in adventures that will have a major effect on them all! I've been dreaming of this moment since I first read CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS in 1982!”

As previously announced, each first-print issue of FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1-5 will contain a code redeemable for a Marvel-themed digital cosmetic in Fortnite. Readers of the series will be the first to access these digital cosmetics, which will be exclusive to comic fans for a limited time before they become available for purchase in the Fortnite Item Shop. Not only that, select in-game items will ONLY be available with the redeemable codes from the FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR first-print comics. 

Here are the in-game items Marvel and Fortnite fans can look forward to unlocking in the coming months:

• FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1 – New Spider-Man Outfit - Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #2 – New Iron Man Wrap - Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #3 – New Wolverine Pickaxe - Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #4 – New FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Spray - Exclusive to comic buyers!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #5 – New FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Loading Screen - Exclusive to comic buyers!

Plus any fan who redeems all five codes will receive a new bonus FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Outfit!

10535280274?profile=RESIZE_710x10535280459?profile=RESIZE_710x10535279898?profile=RESIZE_710x10535280856?profile=RESIZE_710x10220921697?profile=RESIZE_710x10220921675?profile=RESIZE_710x10535281056?profile=RESIZE_710x10220921896?profile=RESIZE_710x

10432845895?profile=RESIZE_710x10441699683?profile=RESIZE_710x10401825691?profile=RESIZE_710x10247042262?profile=RESIZE_710x10247042465?profile=RESIZE_710xIRON MAN EPIC COLLECTION: BATTLE ROYAL TPB

JANE FOSTER MIGHTY THOR #1

10533591898?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Torunn Gronbekk | Art: Michael Dowling | Cover: Ryan Stegman | Teen+ | $3.99

When Mjolnir comes crashing through Jane Foster's apartment window, she fears the worst has happened to Thor. As Asgard's greatest enemies — including Hela, Ulik the Troll and Enchantress — mount an assault on the Golden Realm, Jane must find Thor and save Asgard — even if that means she must once again risk her life to become Thor herself!

• What a coincidence! Thor: Love and Thunder, starring Jane Foster, is about to premiere!

10535287695?profile=RESIZE_710x10535288254?profile=RESIZE_710x10535288078?profile=RESIZE_710x10535288093?profile=RESIZE_710x10535288665?profile=RESIZE_710xKRRSANTAN: STAR WARS TALES #1

• Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #14-15 and 20 and STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA ANNUAL #1.

LEGION OF X #2

MARAUDERS #3

MIGHTY MMW CAPT AMERICA VOL 1: SENTINEL LIBERTY TPB

PHOENIX OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

• In case you're wondering what this entails (and I was): X-MEN (1963) #97-105, 107-108 and 125-138; PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY; material from CLASSIC X-MEN #6, 8, 13, 18, 24 and 43; BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27 and WHAT IF? (1977) #27.

SAVAGE AVENGERS #2

STAR WARS #24

THOR #26

10535289889?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Donny Cates | Art: Martin Coccolo | Cover: Gary Frank

In THOR #26, Odin forces Thor to realize the gravity of Banner’s situation — and its connection to that mysterious, violent incident in El Paso. But when Iron Man’s interference causes more harm than good, our two rivals face shocking changes that change the stakes of the battle … for good.

• “Banner of War” Part Four.
  • Note "Mighty Incredible Thulk" above!

10535289066?profile=RESIZE_710x10535289261?profile=RESIZE_710x10535289092?profile=RESIZE_710x10535289483?profile=RESIZE_710x10535289679?profile=RESIZE_710xTHOR BY MATT FRACTION OMNIBUS HC

THUNDERBOLTS OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

VENOM #8

X-FORCE BY BENJAMIN PERCY VOL 1 HC

MORE COMICS

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG FOREVER #2

10535616487?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Steve Foxe | Art: Marcio Fiorito | Colors: Alex Guimaraes | Letters: Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou | Covers: Bernard Chang, Chris Wildgoose, Ro Stein/Ted Brandt | Valiant | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

The triumphant return of Valiant’s best besties!

With Armstrong more mortal than ever, it’s up to Archer to find the secrets of immortality. One of history’s myths has to be true…right? Their quest will take them across the globe, from the Fountain of Youth to mythical creatures, with the deadly Maw in hot pursuit.

• What's Sleepwalker doing here?!??

10535617274?profile=RESIZE_710x10535617673?profile=RESIZE_710x10535617857?profile=RESIZE_710x10535617698?profile=RESIZE_710x10535618266?profile=RESIZE_710x10535618284?profile=RESIZE_710x10535618084?profile=RESIZE_710xARCHIE & FRIENDS: SUMMER LOVIN’ #1 (ONE-SHOT)
10469493679?profile=RESIZE_710xScript: Tee Franklin | Art: Dan Parent, Bob Smith, Matt Herms, Jack Morelli | Cover: Bill Golliher, Rosario “Tito” Peña | Archie | 32 pages | $2.99

BRAND NEW STORY BY TEE FRANKLIN & DAN PARENT: “Carnival Love!” It’s time for some fun (and maybe even romance) at the Riverdale summer carnival! Looking to rekindle their relationship, Reggie is excited when he finds out Veronica’s cousin, Harper Lodge, will be visiting a traveling carnival that arrived in Riverdale! Plus, a collection of fun-in-the-sun stories perfect for a beach read!

• You can't take a comic book to the beach! It'll get wet! Or sandy! Or just moist! It won't be mint any more!

10535613298?profile=RESIZE_710x10535613661?profile=RESIZE_710x10535614059?profile=RESIZE_710x10535614081?profile=RESIZE_710x10535614453?profile=RESIZE_710x10535614268?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Also, I thought this a good place to drop this Archie press release:

ARCHIE COMICS WELCOMES TWO NEW CHARACTERS

Eliza Han and Stacy Banks bring some delightful twists to the ensemble in their debut comic book appearances this summer

Archie Comics is introducing two new characters to the core cast of iconic Riverdale teens who have delighted readers for 80 years. Fans of Archie's ongoing digest and comic book series will meet teen business mogul Eliza Han and software tech genius Stacy Banks in two new one-shot specials hitting comic shops this summer.

10469501894?profile=RESIZE_710xEliza Han — a bi-racial pansexual teen with a remarkable back story as the brains behind a major corporation — makes her first appearance in June's ARCHIE & FRIENDS: SUMMER LOVIN' one-shot. Eliza comes to Riverdale to hang out with her new love interest, Veronica's cousin Harper. The only problem is that Reggie thought this would be his chance to rekindle his romance with Harper. The story is by writer Tee Franklin (Bingo Love) and artist Dan Parent and is the first to reveal that Harper Lodge is bisexual.

“The best Archie characters are the ones you can drop in and have them create a little fun chaos,” Archie Comics Editor-in-Chief Mike Pellerito said. “Eliza is another character that you can fall in love with very easily — and there’s a lot more to be revealed about the character besides her sexuality.”

Eliza Han development art by Dan Parent and Rosario “Tito” Peña.

10469504284?profile=RESIZE_710xThen, African American teen coding savant Stacy Banks shakes things up in July's BETTY AND VERONICA FRIENDS FOREVER: SUMMER SURF PARTY one-shot! While Dilton Doiley has long been the established genius of Riverdale, Dilton's mechanical knowledge will now be complemented by Stacy's digital savvy. In the story by Archie Comics Senior Director of Editorial Jamie Rotante and artist Dan Parent, Stacy invents an online word game that's making waves — and distractions — all over town.

"STEM has become such an important field in today's world -- but it also can be incredibly fun," Rotante said. "The possibilities of what you can do with it are nearly endless, and the doors it can open for students are invaluable. The chance to bring a STEM-focused student into the spotlight in the modern classic-style Archie titles is especially exciting!"

Stacy Banks development art by Dan Parent and Rosario “Tito” Peña.

While Stacy and Eliza make brief introductory appearances, they are here to stay. As part of Archie's ongoing commitment to expanding and diversifying its storytelling universe, the characters will have regular recurring roles in future issues of its many comic book and digest series.

Rotante added, "Any and all new characters are meant to become integrated into the regular cast of characters. Riverdale is forever expanding, and we'll be taking extra care to make sure that none of these new kids get lost in the mix!"

ARKWORLD #3

ASTRONAUT DOWN #1

10533599685?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: James Patrick | Art/Cover: Rubine | Aftershock | $4.99

Douglas Spitzer wants to be one of the "astronauts" selected for the crucial Mission Politzer. And just like astronauts like Buzz Aldrin and Sally Ride, Douglas is brave, adaptable and self-sacrificing. He's one of the program's best candidates.

But if he qualifies, Douglas won't be traveling through space; he'll be launched into alternate realities on a desperate mission to save Earth from a horrific crisis that has our world on the brink of extinction. Unfortunately, it's a mission where everything will go wrong, where Douglas' training and very humanity will be put to the test, and where a deep-seeded secret could sabotage everything.

• I want to travel to other dimensions to find a version of me that got rich, and borrow a few million from him.

BALLAD OF RONAN #1 (OF 6)

10533604273?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: John Walsh, Jim Walsh | Art/Cover: Remy Jackson | Action Lab | $3.99

Long ago a war raged to extinguish all magic from this world and magic has not been felt since.  But when Aisling, an angry Irish orphan, runs away from foster care, she's going to discover that the war isn't over.  And with the help of an ancient Celtic warrior, a rogue priest and a dark fairy, she will find herself on the run from the darkest creatures of the ages. Her only hope — find out where the magic went and how to bring it back!  Action Lab presents the next new series that fans of Once & Future have been waiting for!

BELIT & VALERIA #2

10533604697?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Speaking of Phoenix (as we were above), here's an homage to The X-Men #101.

BLADE RUNNER ORIGINS #12

BREATHERS #7

BROKEN EYE #2

BY THE HORNS: DARK EARTH #1

10143251501?profile=RESIZE_710x10143250860?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Markisan Naso | Art: Jason Muhr | Covers: Jason Muhr & Steve Canon, Romina Moranelli | Scout Comics | 32 pages | $4.99

Six months after their hellacious battle in the sky with the evil sorceress, Feng Po, Elodie and Sajen are back in Wayfarer, reluctantly settling into their new lives as … farmers?! But their days spent tilling the land in overalls proves short-lived when a mysterious blight devastates the continent of Solothus and forces them to take up a new quest.

Scout Comics is proud to announce that By the Horns will be back in comic book shops this April! The celebrated sci-fi, fantasy adventure series by co-creators Markisan Naso and Jason Muhr will return as a  new maxi-series called By the Horns: Dark Earth.

By the Horns was one of our biggest hits in 2021,” said Scout Comics & Entertainment President James Haick. “We couldn’t be more excited that Markisan, Jason and the rest of the team decided to make this great series into an ongoing one. Be sure to grab the volume one trade (over 200 pages!) now before the new material comes in!”

BY THE HORNS: Dark Earth #1 begins six months after the explosive events of BY THE HORNS #8. Since their hellacious battle in the sky with the evil sorceress Feng Po, Elodie, Sajen and Evelyn have been reluctantly settling into their new lives as farmers in Wayfarer. But their days spent tilling the land in overalls proves short-lived when a mysterious blight devastates the continent of Solothus and forces them to take up a new quest.

By the Horns writer Markisan Naso says Dark Earth builds off the subplots planted in the initial arc. “The first 8 issues of BY THE HORNS were really about Elodie learning how to forgive herself and the unicorns, and to make choices that help others instead of just herself. Dark Earth is about her dealing with the consequences of her actions at the end of arc one,” Naso said. “The continent of Solothus is suddenly thrown into chaos and many creatures blame her for it. So, the tables get turned. When we met Elodie she was trying to get revenge on the unicorns who trampled her husband. In arc two, she’s the one being targeted as she searches for a way to repair the escalating damage to her world. That responsibility is a big weight on her shoulders.”

By the Horns: Dark Earth will also feature all new environments and fantasy creations under the digital pen of artist Jason Muhr. "With our next volume of By the Horns, I'm getting to design tons of new characters, creatures and settings, and I think readers are going to get even more of what they love about our book. I'm excited to bring all the new ideas we have to life!"

The new series also welcomes new colorist Steve Canon, whose past credits include Jack Irons: The Steel Cowboy and The Kill Journal.

10143251291?profile=RESIZE_710xTo celebrate the upcoming series, the By the Horns team has also created a limited edition, 11x17 swimsuit pinup featuring Jason’s art and Steve’s first ever BTH colors. The pinup is signed by both Jason and Markisan and is available to purchase at jasonmuhr.com.

Since its debut in February 2021, By the Horns has been a hit book for Scout. Issue #1 sold out and went back to press in March 2021, and the series has consistently impressed critics and readers alike with its dynamic artwork, unique fantasy setting, kinetic action, heart and unforgettable characters. By the Horns has also appeared on numerous Best Comics of 2021 lists.

Blake's Buzz #1 Comic Book of 2021

By the Horns isn’t just one of the best comics at Scout; it’s one of the best comics period.”

“This comic is truly something special. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you’re not reading By the Horns. Easily the best of the year.” — Graphic Policy (Underrated Column) Best Comic Book of 2021

“I love By the Horns. Such a cool, unique fantasy story with an amazing protagonist and a great supporting cast. There isn’t one weakness in this book.” — We Have Issues Podcast Best Indie Book of 2021

"Scout does some good books, but this is by far the best they've ever done." — Pop Culture Philosophers' #9 Comic Book of 2021

"Riveting and immersive storytelling."—  Promiscuous Time Traveler's #1 Independent Comic Book of 2021

"By the Horns is a potent psychological tale about vengeance and grief wrapped in a shimmering blanket of epic SFF artistry." — Cultured Vultures' #1 Underrated SFF Comic

• This was originally solicited for April.

10143252461?profile=RESIZE_710xCODE 45 #1 (OF 5)

10533613489?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Benjamin Hunting | Art: joe Ng | Scout Comics | $4.99

There are dragons lurking in the tunnels beneath Montreal's city streets - at least that's the rumor that confronts new metro driver Vanessa. Terrified by these mysterious and horrifying apparitions, the night shift turns to self-medication, losing the ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Pulled in deep by the underground raves that blast through the system's abandoned stations, Vanessa quickly finds herself on the verge of crossing into a dark world she never knew existed.

CULT OF IKARUS #3 (OF 4)

CULT OF IKARUS #4 (OF 4)

DARK BEACH #3 (OF 6)

DISTORTED #3

DOCTOR WHO: ORIGINS #1 (OF 4)

DOGS OF LONDON #2

EMO GIRL #2

ET-ER ONE-SHOT #2

FRANK FRAZETTA DEATH DEALER #2

FRANKENROCKER AND JAILBAIT PUNKS #2 (OF 4)

GFT PRESENTS: SWIMSUIT EDITION 2022 ONE-SHOT

10535292876?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Dave Franchini | Cover: Alfredo Reyes | Zenescope | $5.99

Just in time for summer, comes the Grimm Fairy Tales 2022 Swimsuit Special!

Get ready to check out all of your favorite Grimm Universe heroines and villainesses, soaking up the sun while wearing the season's hottest swimsuit fashions! Many of the industry's top artists contribute gorgeous pin-ups of the Grimm Universes' most popular female characters in this stunning collection.

Also includes a never before published Grimm Fairy Tales short story!

• I can only assume the market for this is kids whose parents block porn on their laptops. Unless there really are comics fans out there who are into "the season's hottest swimsuit fashions."

HEADLESS SEASON 2 #3 (OF 3)

JUSTICE WARRIORS #1

10170333457?profile=RESIZE_710x10170333461?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Matt Bors | Art/Cover: Ben Clarkson | Ahoy Comics | $4.99

Matt Bors — the founder of The Nib and a political cartoonist who has twice been named a Pulitzer Prize finalist — and Ben Clarkson — an acclaimed filmmaker and illustrator whose art has been featured on Adult Swim and Vice Noisey — are collaborating on all-new comic book series, titled JUSTICE WARRIORS. The series marks Bors’ first ever monthly comic book, and follows his announcement last year that he was retiring from political cartooning, following 18 years and 1,600 comics. The series also marks the first ever comic book work done by Clarkson. The irreverent, dark comedy six-issue series will be published by AHOY Comics, beginning this June.

JUSTICE WARRIORS follows two police officers, Swamp Cop and Schitt, stationed in the world's first perfect city. A bustling metropolis flourishes inside the protective shell of Bubble City. It is a city of equality, diversity, and prosperity with no crime whatsoever. But outside of the Bubble lies the Uninhabited Zone, a densely populated and vast slum where the majority of the mutant population actually lives.

In the series, the veteran Swamp Cop is paired with a rookie partner, Schitt, after Swamp’s partner is killed in the line of duty (when he was run over by a self-driving city bus). The increasingly cynical Swamp Cop becomes obsessed with arresting or killing the bus, as he begins to suffer PTSD. Haunted by hallucinations of his dead partner, Swamp Cop is determined to show the naive rookie Schitt that you can only police the UZ by bending every rule that’s left.

Each issue, Swamp and Schitt must contend with new forms of crime as the Bubble’s boom-and-bust economy creates waves of market panic, bailouts, and austerity. Amid the instability, a new cyberpunk gang rises to prominence using social media, good vibes, and anti-Bubble sentiment to wage war on the Prince, the mayor who is also a pop star.

“JUSTICE WARRIORS is a mega-satire of the system we’re stuck kicking at the walls of,” said Clarkson. “Imagine, if you will, a mash-up of The Wire, Robocop, and The Simpsons’ ‘The Itchy and Scratchy Show.’ This is a comic where the weatherman reports on the day’s riot trajectory, the mayor uses a scheming cyborg rat advisor to juice his record sales, and the police chief is too busy posting memes to post the murder rate.”

JUSTICE WARRIORS is co-written by Clarkson and Bors in a collaborative art process involving both creators contributing to various stages of layouts, with colors by Felipe Sobreiro. All line art is by Clarkson and it is lettered by Bors.

“You could say that JUSTICE WARRIORS is the buddy-cop parody we all need right now,” said Bors. “It’s a violent satire of police, inequality, and celebrity, but mostly, it’s about why nothing changes and how almost no one is a good guy.”

LION & EAGLE #4

NEW MEN #3 (OF 4)

ONE NIGHT IN PRAGUE #2

PAST LAST MOUNTAIN #4 (OF 4)

POTIONS INC #1 (OF 5)

10535302678?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Erik Burnham | Art: Stelladia | Cover: Natasha Alterici | Mad Cave Studios | $3.99

The call of adventure always seems to hang up whenever Randelgast Jones tries to answer it, leaving him facing the dull future of working in his family's successful potion shop. But when a powerful artifact is stolen from his parents and puts them under a terrible curse, Ran finally gets the quest he's been after his whole life. He and his siblings set off to find the missing artifact — and its trail leads them from their homeland of Primaterra to the very strange realm of ... Earth.

QUESTS ASIDE #2

RICK AND MORTY: INFINITY HOUR #3

SEASON OF THE BRUJA #3

TONGUES #5

WE LIVE AGE OF PALLADIONS #3

WHERE STARSHIPS GO TO DIE #1

10535304280?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Mark Sable | Art: Alberto Locati | Cover: Jeremy Haun | Aftershock Comics | $4.99

Point Nemo - the farthest oceanic point on earth from any landmass. A spacecraft graveyard where rockets and satellites can be safely ditched on the ocean floor. In a near future ravaged by climate change, an African astronaut teams with an Indian shipping magnate to mount a dangerous salvage mission to recover the wreck of humanity's first interstellar starship. But what they find is beyond their worst nightmares. 

Mark Sable (MISKATONIC, WAR ON TERROR: GODKILLERS) and Alberto Locatelli (The Believers, Cinque) bring you a sci-fi horror tale that will make you rethink the space race.

WORLD OF ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #120

MORE COLLECTIONS & OGNS

DARK ARK THE COMPLETE SERIES HC

10535305652?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Cullen Bunn | Art/Cover: Juan Doe | Aftershock Comics | $59.99

The wickedness of mankind has moved the Creator to destroy the world by way of the flood. Noah has been tasked with building an ark to save his family and the animals of the world. But this is not Noah's story. For darker powers have commanded the sorcerer Shrae to build his own ark and save the unnatural creatures of the world — such as the vampires, the dragons and the manticore. But what will happen on a vessel crawling with monsters, where insidious intrigue and horrific violence are the rule of law?

A sinister saga of biblical proportions from master of horror Cullen Bunn (EDEN, PIECEMEAL, UNHOLY GRAIL, X-Men Blue, Deadpool, Venom) and artist Juan Doe (AMERICAN MONSTER, WORLD READER), this comprehensive hardcover volume features the entire DARK ARK series as well as the follow-up series, DARK ARK: AFTER THE FLOOD.

• I'm loathe to give any credibility to the preposterous Noah's Ark story as anything but a fairy tale, but this is a pretty cool idea. It would be hard enough to keep the predators from the prey on Noah's boat, but can you imagine how hard it would be to keep shapeshifting vampires away from everything with a pulse?

DARK BLOOD TPB

ENDLESS SUMMER VOL 1: DEAD MAN’S CURVE

10535306453?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: B. Clay Moore | Art: Shane Patrick White | Insight Comics | $16.99

Former FBI agent Scott Ivory gathers a group of young kids to counter communist and criminal activities on the streets of the California coast. With a modest budget and a loose agenda, his simple counterintelligence program quickly becomes an outlet for Ivory to use for his own designs, and the kids become pawns in a game of tug-of-war between government agents. A dark spin on early ‘60s pop culture, Endless Summer Vol. 1: Dead Man's Curve is based on 1960s Huntington Beach, California — a thrilling sunshine-noir graphic novel rampant with drugs, murder and government espionage.

EVERYTHING IS SUPER VOL 1: THE GREAT UNWASHED GN NEW PTG

10535307054?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art/Cover: Captain Rottsteak | Birdcage Bottom Books | $15.00

Everything Is Super follows the misadventures of Lloyd the Human Hemorrhoid Herman as he stumbles through contemporary life in a dead end, backwater superhero town. Volume one collects issues one through four. Recommended for mature audiences.

• "Lloyd the Human Hemmerhoid"?

GOLDEN BOY: BEETHOVEN’S YOUTH HC

10535307080?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Mikael Ross | Art/Cover: Mikael Ross | Fantagraphics | Mature | 194 pages | $29.99

Ludwig van Beethoven created music that moves and inspires us to this day; his very name sparks a melody in the ear. But are you born a genius? This graphic biography asks: "Who was Beethoven before he became 'Beethoven'?"

Master cartoonist Mikael Ross (The Thud) tells the story of Beethoven from 1778 to his first major public appearance in Vienna in 1795.

It begins when the family is living a difficult life in Bonn. Father Johann battles with alcoholism and is deep in debt. Only young Ludwig and his talent at the piano offer any hope for the future — if only he would stop composing his own pieces and just play what's expected of him.

Author Ross was asked to do a small comic for the Beethoven Society. Through this opportunity, he discovered the diaries of the baker's son that lived downstairs from Beethoven's family, the content of which inspired Golden Boy. As in his previous book, The Thud, Ross skillfully mixes humor with empathy and pure social drama, crafting a coming-of-age story that transcends its biographical subject matter. His colorful, expressive style and mastery of the language of comics are perfectly suited to the tall task of capturing Beethoven's timeless music visually.

mikael ross is a Berlin-based cartoonist and tailor. Ross was the recipient of the very first graphic novel scholarship from Berlin's Senate Department for Culture and Europe.

GRIMM FAIRY TALES: ODYSSEY TPB

HOTELL VOL 2 TPB

LIFE IS STRANGE VOL 6: SETTLING DUST TPB

LINCOLN BRIGADE NEWSREEL EDITION TPB

MFKZ VOL 2 TPB

SCHAPPI GN

Story/Art: Anna Haifisch | Fantagraphics | Mature | 92 pages | $16.99

10535312059?profile=RESIZE_710xA collection of absurdist comics short stories navigating etiquette and diplomacy within the vicissitudes of the animal kingdom: from proud ostriches to racist mice, and delicious-looking weasels.

In Schappi, Anna Haifisch blurs the boundaries between humans and animals in subtle yet absurd ways. In these five collected short stories, carnivores and herbivores meet at a disastrous congress of the animals; we get to know a merciless, art-collecting lizard; and are introduced to dancing ostriches and a melancholy, meditating octopus.

With singular humor and charm, and a brilliant eye for color, Haifisch tells of the everyday struggle from the prairie to the drawing table, of self-imposed isolation and friendship. At the end of the day, there is hope, even for crying weasels. Haifisch's wry sense of humor reveals many truths lying underneath her absurdist wit. Printed in five gorgeous Pantone inks, Schappi will shine from a bookshelf like a mad husky's iris.

Anna Haifisch was born in Germany in 1986 and studied illustration at the College of Graphics and Book Art. She is a co-founder of the German comics festival, The Millionaires Club.

"Haifisch's work is very funny [with] a charming, scratchy line and a faintly unsettling colour palette." — The Quietus

RAI (2019) DELUXE HC

SKIP GN

10535312652?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Molly Mendoza | Nobrow-Flying Eye Books | $19.99

A colorful, unpredictable postapocalyptic world comes alive in Skip, when two unlikely friends, Bloom and Gloopy, find themselves tossed from dimension to dimension. Gloopy is running toward adventure, and away from their home and friends who don't understand their creative talent. Bloom is desperately trying to return home to their lake, and avoid the terrible violence of the city. Instead, both Bloom and Gloopy find what they need in each other, and bravely return home to challenge their fears and create beauty in their own worlds.

URBAN ANIMAL VOL 1 GN

10535314489?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Justin Jordan | Art: John Amor | Rocketship Entertainment | $24.99

Meet Joe Gomez. He's got high school on lock — good grades, a cool band and girls digging his vibe. But just when he's got the world figured out, he goes and turns into a saber-toothed tiger. A shapeshifting nature spirit known as a Chimera, to be specific. Now Joe needs every single one of his new powers to help save the human race, whether he wants to or not!

WATCH DOGS LEGION VOL 1 TPB

10535315661?profile=RESIZE_710xBehemoth Comics | $16.99

London Calling! Mass surveillance, private militias bringing order to the streets, organized crime ... the city of London has become a symbol of widespread oppression, and only its people can free it. A resistance movement bringing together genius hackers and insurgents ready for combat, DedSec stands up to free the city from the yoke of these profiteers. While investigating mysterious disappearances in Kennington Oval Camp, journalist Louise Hartford will cross paths with Adam Logan, known as "Spiral," a London DJ whose music has become a symbol of revolt. Together, and with other companions in misfortune, they will have to infiltrate the spheres of power to unravel the truth.

WELCOME TO ST. HELL: MY TRANS TEEN MISADVENTURE GN

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MORE MANGA

ADACHI AND SHIMAMURA VOL 3 GN

BAREFOOT GEN: CARTOON STORY OF HIROSHIMA VOLS. 1-10  HC

10533614659?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Keiji Nakazawa | Last Gasp | $25.00 each

Now available in beautiful new hardcover editions! Barefoot Gen is the powerful, tragic, autobiographical story of the bombing of Hiroshima and its aftermath, seen through the eyes of the artist as a young boy growing up in Japan. The honest portrayal of emotions and experiences speaks to children and adults everywhere. Nakazawa's manga illustrates the true impact of nuclear weapons when used against a civilian population. It is vital reading for people of all ages, and especially for today's youth. By keeping this tragedy in our collective consciousness, we can strive to never repeat it and guide humanity towards a course of peace.

• Whoa, this looks like something that needs to be on my bookshelf. Does it, manga experts?
    • I have a vague memory of reading some of this before, but I'm pretty sure I didn't read 10 volumes, and I don't remember it being in hardback.

BLACK CLOVER VOL 29 GN

BOFURI DON'T WANT TO GET HURT MAX OUT DEFENSE VOL 4 GN

CHAINSAW MAN VOL 11 GN

ERO NINJA SCROLLS VOL 3 GN

A GENTLE NOBLE’S VACATION RECOMMENDATION VOL 5 GN

GHOST REAPER GIRL VOL 1 GN

10533683060?profile=RESIZE_710xStory/Art: Akissa Saike | VIZ | $9.99

Chloé has dreamed of being a glamorous actress ever since she was little. But being the ripe old age of 28 might be working against her, as are her spontaneous displays of violence! But not all hope is lost — she might be perfect for the role offered by a mysterious and charming new man in her life. Can Chloé become the Ghost Reaper Girl and take down the evil spirits that have escaped from Hades?

GOBLIN SLAYER SIDE STORY YEAR ONE VOL 7 GN

I THINK I TURNED MY FRIEND INTO A GIRL VOL 1 GN

10533679264?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Azusa Banjo | Translation: Miki Z | Adaptation: Matthew Birkenhauer | Lettering: Elena Pizarro | Teen (13+) | Seven Seas | 164 pages | $13.99

An LGBT+ romantic comedy in which nobody is quite what they seem, and everyone learns to be who they truly are.

It’s a familiar story: a popular high school student gives their plain friend a makeover and transforms their life. But this time, both the popular student and the plain friend are boys! Mido Kenshiro has loved cosmetics all his life, keeping his obsession a secret. But when his childhood friend Hiura lets Kenshiro practice applying makeup on him, the results are earth-shattering — for both of them.

IMA KOI NOW I'M IN LOVE VOL 2 GN

INTERVIEWS WITH MONSTER GIRLS VOL 10 GN

KONOSUBA GOD BLESSING WONDERFUL WORLD GN VOL 13 GN

LOVESICK ELLIE GN VOL 4 GN

MIGHT AS WELL CHEAT VOL 3 GN

MONOLOGUE WOVEN FOR YOU VOL 2 GN

NAMEKAWA SAN WON'T TAKE A LICKING VOL 1 GN

10533676267?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Rie Ato | Translation: Faye Cozy | Adaptation: Marykate Jasper | Lettering: Arbash Mughal | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 138 pages | $13.99

A hilarious and adversarial yuri series where a newbie delinquent faces off against the head of the disciplinary committee!

After putting up with years of bullying in junior high, Namekawa-san decides to make a preemptive strike when she starts high school. Her plan? Become a delinquent! At first, everything seems to be going great—her classmates are terrified. However, the head of the disciplinary committee is unfazed. She’s got her eye on Namekawa-san, and she refuses to look away in this explosive yuri comedy!

NEW GAME VOL 13 GN

NEW GATE MANGA VOL 10 GN

NIGHTFALL TRAVELERS GN VOL 1 GN

10533669899?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Tomohi | Translation: Minna Lin | Lettering: Ochie Caraan | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 144 pages | $15.99

Two girls explore their haunted hometown in this beautifully illustrated manga.

High schooler Ninamori Akane is assigned by the newspaper club to report on local places that are rumored to be haunted. She asks the new transfer student, Amemura Fujino, to join her, and together they discover the simple truths behind the spooky stories. Their friendship grows as they explore their town of labyrinthine paths and endless stairways.

ORIENT VOL 9 GN

RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO VOL 18 GN

SHAMAN KING OMNIBUS VOL 9 (VOL 25-27) TPB

SNOW WHITE WITH RED HAIR VOL 19 GN

SUE & TAI CHAN VOL 4 GN

TERRIFIED TEACHER AT GHOUL SCHOOL VOL 11 GN

THIS IS SCREWED UP, BUT I WAS REINCARNATED AS A GIRL IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 1 GN

10533674476?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Ashi Keyaki Uchiuchi Kaoming | Translation: Joshua Hardy | Adaptation: Solo Mia | Lettering: Magmell | Seven Seas | Older Teen (17+) | 192 pages | $12.99

In this isekai tale, a male scientist from Earth is reborn as an orphan girl in a world of swords and sorcery.

Ren, a young orphan girl, has been sold off to a merchant with sinister plans for her. Suddenly, memories of her past life on a world called Earth come flooding back, and Ren remembers that she used to be a research scientist — and a grown man! As Ren escapes into the Dark Forest, magical powers awaken within her. In order to survive the harsh realities of this world, she must use her rekindled knowledge of Earth’s science as well as her newfound powers! Will her magical cheat powers and past-life knowledge be enough to keep her freedom, or is she doomed to a life of servitude?

TRAPPED IN DATING SIM WORLD OTOME GAMES VOL 5 GN

TWO OF THEM ARE PRETTY MUCH LIKE THIS VOL 1 GN

10533650694?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Takashi Ikeda | Translation: Anh Kiet Ngo | Lettering: Rina Mapa | Seven Seas | Older Teen (15+) | 160 pages | $13.99

From the creator of Whispered Words! Enjoy this new slice-of-life yuri manga about two adult women in the creative industries and their shared romantic life in their apartment.

Thirty-two-year-old scriptwriter Sakuma Ellie and 22-year-old rookie voice actress Inuzuka Wako are roommates with a strictly professional relationship. Or at least, that’s what they tell everyone. In fact, they’ve been living as a couple in Ellie’s apartment for the past year, spending delightful, tranquil days together.

VAMPIRE DORMITORY VOL 5 GN

WHAT DID YOU EAT YESTERDAY VOL 18 GN

WORLD’S END HAREM FANTASIA ACADEMY VOL 1 GN

10533678099?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: LINK SAVAN Andookada | Translation: Wesley Bridges | Adaptation: Sam Mitchell | Lettering: mono | Ghost Ship | Mature | 160 pages | $13.99

A comedic spin-off for the popular World’s End Harem: Fantasia series that swaps swords and sorcery for backpacks and books!

In this comedic reimagining of World’s End Harem: Fantasia, Lord Arc Nargala and the women who serve him must navigate a whole new heart-pounding world. Even the mysterious dark elf Lati makes an appearance — as Arc’s new homeroom teacher! Do Arc and Aurelia stand a chance of being happy together in this place? What of Arc’s power to wield Macht? And is it even legal for a homeroom teacher to be so scantily dressed?!

YONA OF THE DAWN VOL 36 GN

MORE FOR KIDS

ARITH MAGICA GOSSAMYR SAGA VOL 1: FINDING GOSSAMYR TPB

CELLS AT WORK BABY VOL 4 GN

CHICKENHARE HOUSE OF KLAUS VOL 1 TPB

DUNGEON TWILIGHT VOL 1-2 DRAGON CEMETERY

FIBBED GN

HAM HELSING VOL 2: MONSTER HUNTER GN

MAGICAL HISTORY TOUR VOL 9: TITANIC GN

MISCHIEF AND MAYHEM VOL 2: CURSED BUNNY GN

RED AND ROVER FUN NEVER OVER GN

SHELBY & WATTS: TIDE POOL TROUBLES    GN

SHOW ME HISTORY: COURAGEOUS BOXED SET GN

SHOW ME HISTORY: LEADERS BOXED SET GN

SHOW ME HISTORY: PERFORMERS BOXED SET

SMALLER SISTER GN

• "It would be hard enough to keep the predators from the prey on Noah's boat"

SHELDON: What did they feed the lions, mother?

MARY COOPER: The bodies of drowned sinners. 

• I've only read the first five or so volumes of Barefoot Gen myself, but they were quite good.

• Another homage (more thematic than literal):

large-4315517.jpg?1654263168&profile=RESIZE_710x

78357032384.238.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I'd half decided to get Barefoot Gen before your comment, Bob, but now for sure. I have no idea when I'll find time to read 10 volumes, though. I have about 5 knee-high to-read piles as it is. But, by gar, I will do it!

I like the "thematic homage" concept, Jeff.

• MAZEBOOK HC - I read, this series, and I highly recommend it. Jeff Lemire writes and draws this one. Its about a man who is only going though the motions of life, until one night he gets a phone call from his thought to be deceased daughter. He believes the key to finding her is by following a maze in one of her journals.I'm not a big fan of Lemire's art, but I think his writing more than makes up for it.

FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1 (OF 5) - Obviously, this game has mass appeal. I have a friend who is 3-4 years older than me, and he will leave in the middle of whatever we are doing to go play it on Sunday nights.

Barefoot Gen - I'm not nearly the manga fan that Bob is, and I've only read a few, but I liked what I read. I also read some manga anthology years ago that included a short story that was kind of a proto-version of this series.

• Barefoot Gen hardcovers haven't shown up on Amazon or Instocktrades yet, which is worrisome.

This reply was deleted.