JUNE 8-14

NOTES

• I posted the Tuesday list for DC Comics, since that will be the only list pretty soon. Besides, the Wednesday list from Diamond was actually shorter, except for these collections: Infinite Crisis Omnibus (New Ed), Martian Manhunter: Identity TPB, Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed TPB, Wonder Woman v1: The Just War TPB and Young Justice v2 Lost in the Multiverse HC. Some of these may have already come out, or maybe they will come out in DC’s new Random House connection. I’m going to get the Infinite Crisis book, so I’m familiar with that one a little bit: It hasn’t come out yet from instocktrades or Amazon. I don’t know if they’ll really come out from Diamond on Wednesday or not, but I doubt it.
  • Two groovy collections are coming out this week that give me a headache. One is the collected Warren Ellis James Bond, which I already have in the form of two HCs. I'd rather have the Omnibus, but oh well. The other is a slipcase collection of four of Darwyn Cooke's adaptations of Parker novels. I have three of them already in HC, so I don't know what to do. Argh. Why do they punish us early buyers this way?

GENRE TELEVISION

• Stargirl, “Wildcat” (June 8, DC Universe)
  • Stargirl, “Wildcat” (June 9, The CW)
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., “Alien Commies from the Future!” (June 10, ABC)
  • What We Do in the Shadows, “Théâtre Des Vampires” (June 10, FX)
  • Harley Quinn, “A Fight Worth Fighting For” (June 12, DC Universe)
  • Snowpiercer, “Justice Never Boarded” (June 14, TNT)

TOP 10 COMICS PUBLISHERS

1. Marvel, June 10
  • Black Cat #11
  • Daredevil #20
  • Deadpool #5
  • Excalibur #10
  • Miles Morales Spider-Man #17
  • New Mutants #10

1. DC Comics, June 9
  • Amethyst #3
  • Batman #92
  • Batman Secret Files #3
  • Batman: The Adventures Continue #1
  • The Batman's Grave #7
  • DC Classics: The Batman Adventures #1
  • DC Comics: The Astonishing Art of Amanda Conner
  • DC Poster Portfolio: Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Vol. 2
  • Dial H for Hero Vol. 2: New Heroes of Metropolis
  • Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds #7
  • The Flash #755
  • Harley Quinn #73
  • The Joker 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1
  • Justice League #46
  • Justice League Odyssey #21
  • Legion of Super-Heroes #6
  • Lois Lane #11
  • Nightwing #71
  • Superman Giant #3
  • Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen
  • You Brought Me the Ocean (OGN): YA writer Alex Sanchez writes Aqualad’s coming-out story.

1. Image, June 10
  • 920London OGN: 2005, north of London. A doomed romance between two emo kids. More than friends, less than lovers, they’re trying to grow shrooms before the world ends. Send help. Solo graphic novel debut by REMY BOYDELL (THE PERVERT), fully painted in watercolor.
  • Adventureman #1: SERIES PREMIERE A CATACLYSMIC ADVENTURE DECADES IN THE MAKING! In this WILDLY AFFORDABLE TRIPLE-LENGTH FIRST ISSUE, revisit how the legend of the greatest pulp hero of them all, ADVENTUREMAN, ended in a heartbreaking CLIFFHANGER with our hero facing execution at the vile hand of his ultra-nemesis BARON BIZARRE on the eve of the MACABRAPOCALYPSE...or did it?!? Eighty years after his apparent demise, single mother Claire and her Adventurefan son Tommy seem to be the only two people alive that remember the thrilling ADVENTUREMAN sagas...but from that memory burns THE SPARK OF RESURRECTION! WHERE HIS STORY ENDED...HER STORY BEGINS! This sense-obliterating, earth-shaking, imagination-quaking adventure that spans generations comes to you from MATT FRACTION (SEX CRIMINALS, Hawkeye) and TERRY & RACHEL DODSON (RED ONE, X-Men/Fantastic Four)!!!
  • Analog v2 TPB: The internet has collapsed, and now it’s up to steadfast armed couriers called Ledger Men to move sensitive information around the world in locked briefcases. In the wake of the chaos and conspiracy of ANALOG, VOL. 1, one such Ledger Man, hard-drinking human punching bag Jack McGinnis, must unravel the mystery of his nemesis’ return to power and survive a burn notice from his old pals in the intelligence community. Collects ANALOG #6-10
  • Bitter Root #8: The Sangeryes split into teams to tackle various threats. Meanwhile, Harlem is under siege, and Ardo’s plans are slowly being revealed. But what role will Sylvester play, and how much of himself is he willing to sacrifice?
  • Decorum #2: There are many assassins in the known universe. This is the story of the most well-mannered one. Manner is personality—the outward manifestation of one’s innate character and attitude toward death.
  • DIE!DIE!DIE! #10: Senator Lipshitz's mad plan to save the world continues, with dire results...for men. Barnaby continues his dark journey through Russia. Many, many people die at the hands of George, by Jennifer's sword. Is that sword magic? It's magic, isn't it? This book just keeps getting weirder.
  • Excellence #7: Spencer Dales has one purpose: tear down the Aegis and free everyone under their protection. However, with his closest ally in prison and the Tenth looking to put Spence in an adjoining cell, creating a better future won’t be easy. But it needs to happen NOW. Skybound’s most sensational series of 2019 returns to remind readers: Excellence is Real.
  • Ice Cream Man #9: “HAUNTING FOR BEGINNERS” Inside: step-by-step instructions to becoming a better ghost. Includes tips for more efficient apparitioning; how to invisibly observe; methods of spook-improvement. Note: see Section 6 for safety warnings.
  • Killadelphia #6: Sins Of The Father, Part Six. In this pulse-pounding conclusion to the first story arc, newly reborn vampire, Detective James Sangster Sr., fights back his very nature and arms himself and his allies to take on the forces of darkness that have turned Philadelphia into a hell hole. But will they be a match for sinister leader John Adams and his blood-thirsty legion? Or will the vampires manage to turn the tables on our heroes?
  • Sonata #10: THE CITADEL: FIELD OF NIGHTMARES Part Four Sonata arrives at The Citadel, where the last Old God is waiting with his own perfect creation...Kah-Lee, the Angel of Death.
  • Stealth #2 (OF 6): Detroit’s legendary super-powered vigilante Stealth has lost control, plunging the city into chaos. Now, Dead Hand reemerges to finish off his longtime enemy once and for all.
  • Undiscovered Country #6: "DESTINY, Part Six It is time to leave the zone of the Destiny Man and see what other secrets the former US holds for Charlotte Graves, her brother Daniel, and the rest of the team. Not all will survive, not all will leave but they just might learn why they’ve been brought to America, and the prize that awaits at the end of their journey through the UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY!
  • Witchblade v3 TPB: Transported five years into the future by the shockwave of a failed spell, Alex, Ash, and Majil must find a way back home—but the New York they knew is gone, and an apocalyptic wasteland ruled by demons stands between them and their ticket back to the present.Collects WITCHBLADE #13-18

1. IDW, June 10
  • Afraid Of Everything HC
  • Cobra Kai Karate Kid Saga Continues #4 (of 4)
  • Disney Comics And Stories #12
  • Dungeons & Dragons A Darkened Wish TPB: June 10: An all-new adventure of epic scope and flair that combines the elements of storytelling and action that make every campaign so fun! When war threatens the Moonshae Isles, legendary heroes return to defeat the forces of an unthinkable foe. The Forgotten Realms are changed forever as young wizard Helene and her friends grow from raw recruits on the streets of Mintarn into powerful warriors.
  • Kill Lock #5 (of 6)
  • Mountainhead #4 (of 5)
  • Pandemica v1 TPB
  • Parker: Martini Ed v1 HC Slipcase: Collects Darwyn Cooke’s graphic novel adaptations of Richard Stark's Parker stories “The Hunter,” “The Outfit,” “The Man with the Getaway Face,” and “The Seventh.”
  • Rascal HC
  • TMNT Color Classics v3 TPB
  • Usagi Yojimbo v1 Bunraku & Other Stories TPB: Follow these all-new full-color adventures of rabbit ronin Miyamoto Usagi as he wanders Edo period Japan on his warrior’s journey. This first volume continues the saga of Usagi Yojimbo with the three-part “Bunraku,” as Usagi becomes embroiled in a puppet drama where the players are not quite what they seem! Plus, a 35th anniversary special where Stan Sakai revisits the very first Usagi story, “The Goblin of Adachigahara”.
  • Wellington #4 (of 5)

1. Dark Horse, June 10
  • Abraham Stone TPB
  • Baltimore Omnibus v2 HC
  • Count Crowley Reluctant Monster Hunter TPB
  • Critical Role v1 Chronicles Of Exandria Mighty Nein HC
  • Disney Lady & The Tramp Story Movie In Comics HC
  • Disney Princess Follow Your Heart TPB
  • Ether v3 Disappearance Of Violet Bell TPB
  • Grafitys Wall HC
  • Lady Killer Library Ed v1
  • Luther Arkwright TPB
  • Mask: I Pledge Allegiance to the Mask TPB
  • Neil Gaiman’s American Gods v3 Moment Storm HC
  • Ruby Falls TPB
  • Scary Godmother Omnibus
  • Steam TPB
  • Steeple TPB
  • Triage v1 TPB

1. BOOM!, June 10
  • Faithless II #1
  • Go Go Power Rangers #32
  • Jim Henson’s Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance #8
  • Just Beyond Horror at Happy Landings OGN
  • Something Is Killing the Children #7
  • Something Is Killing the Children v1 TPB

1. Dynamite, June 10
  • James Bond: The Complete Warren Ellis Omnibus HC
  • KISS/Zombies #5
  • Project Superpowers Omnibus v3: Heroes and Villains
  • Vampirella/Red Sonja #8

1. Viz Media
  • Case Closed v74 GN
  • Komi Can’t Communicate v6 GN

1. Oni Press
  • Dryad #2
  • Rick And Morty Go To Hell #1

1. Titan Comics, June 10
  • Snowpiercer v1: The Escape GN

Other Publishers, June 10

• 2000 AD Feb 2020 U.S. Package
  • Air War Stories #1
  • Archangel 8 #2 (of 5)
  • Archie Milestones Jumbo Comics Digest #8
  • Archie vs. Predator II GN
  • Artemis & Assassin #2
  • Battlecats Tales Of Valderia #3 (of 4)
  • Black Hops Hare Trigger One-Shot
  • Casper Spotlight: Ghostly Trio #1
  • Cimmerian: Red Nails #1
  • Cub GN
  • Death March Parallel World Rhapsody v9 GN
  • Deep Blue #1
  • Genpet GN
  • Ginseng Roots #4
  • Happy Sugar Life v5 GN
  • Hellfighter Quin #2
  • I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years: Maxed Out v2 GN
  • Join The Future #2
  • Kakegurui Twin v6 GN
  • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear v1 GN
  • Last Stop TPB
  • Masamune Kuns Revenge v11 GN
  • Melancholy Of Suzumiya Haruhi Chan v12 GN
  • Militia TPB
  • Nightschool Weirn Books Collectors Edition v1 GN
  • No One’s Rose #2
  • Nyankees v6 GN
  • Old Haunts #1
  • Overlord v12 GN
  • Parasite Graphic Novel In Storyboards
  • Persona 4 v11 GN
  • Persona 5 Manga v2 GN
  • Pre-Code Classics: Beware: Tales of Terror v1 HC
  • Pre-Code Classics: Beware: Tales of Terror v1 Slipcase
  • Project Icarus #3
  • Rejected GN Long Is The Way
  • Shapes #5
  • Silver Age Classics: Space Adventures v3 HC
  • Silver Age Classics: Space Adventures v3 Slipcase
  • Toilet Bound Hanako Kun v3 GN
  • Tomo Chan Is A Girl v7 GN
  • Trinity Seven 7 Magicians v20 GN
  • Tyrant Falls In Love v10 GN
  • Undone By Blood #3
  • Vamp #3
  • World of Archie Jumbo Comics Digest #98
  • Zero Day Threat #1

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For me I am getting:

Batman #92 - This is actually a maybe, I don't remember if I ordered it or not.

Justice League #46 - I've really enjoyed Robert Venditti's run on this series, but it looks like it is ending soon.

Legion of Super-Heroes #6 - Only because I pre-ordered it.

Excellence #7 - A very interesting series. Going from memory here, all of the creators are African-American, and they are want to address some of their issues with this series. I hope I'm getting that right...

Killadelphia #6

Stealth #2 - First time I remember a superhero having to deal with early on-set dementia

Kill Lock #5 - For selfish reasons I hope IDW makes it to get this to issue 6. What a great miniseries. Quick synopsis: A group of criminal robots are given a a kill lock, when one of them dies, they all die. One of the robots is innocent, so the rest decide to find a solution to the kill lock. A good story and beautiful art.

Abraham Stone - Hmmm, I actually picked this up weeks ago from my LCS. I finished it yesterday. Joe Kubert story and art. It was really good.

This reply was deleted.