BOOM! STUDIOS

BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIVERSARY #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Jeremy Lambert, Lilah Sturges, Danny Lore, Casey Gilly, Sarah Gailey | Art: Claudia Balboni, Claire Roe, Bayleigh Underwood, Marianna Ignazzi, Carlos Olivares | Covers: Frany, Jenny Frison, Jorge Corona, Mirka Andolfo | $9.99

BOOM! Studios today announced the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1, a special oversized one-shot issue celebrating the 25th anniversary of the beloved global icon in March 2022.

25 years later, dive into a whole new universe of stories celebrating the phenomenal icon of a generation, Buffy Summers. Where in the Multiverse is Buffy? And what’s happened to the Scooby Gang? Find out in several new original stories as well as the surprising epilogue to BOOM! Studios’ acclaimed first three years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Fans will also discover a shocking prologue to a brand new comic book series in the Buffyverse from Hugo Award-winning author Sarah Gailey and artist Carlos Olivares!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered on March 10, 1997. The Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated series ran for seven seasons from 1997 to 2003. Chosen to battle vampires, demons and other forces of darkness, Buffy is aided by a Watcher who guides and teaches her as she surrounds herself with a circle of friends called the Scooby Gang.

GOOD LUCK TPB

THE KILLER: AFFAIRS OF STATE #2

SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #21

DARK HORSE COMICS

APEX LEGENDS OVERTIME #4

HAM-LET SHAKESPEAREAN MASH-UP HC

HELLBOY SILVER LANTERN CLUB #5

IN THE FLOOD TPB

Story/Art: Ray Fawkes | $19.99

Trapped and separated by an apocalyptic rainfall, Mike and Clara, devoted husband and wife, have sworn to find their way back to one another. But they quickly discover that the rain-and their predicament-is not what it seems. Can they figure out the grand trick that's being played on them and overcome it to reunite?

In the Flood is the disturbing, surreal graphic novel by acclaimed, groundbreaking creator Ray Fawkes, author of One Soul, Intersect, Gotham by Midnight, Black Hammer '45, and more.

Collects the original digital series in print for the first time.

"What a great book. Ray is always one to watch and the art here is brought to new vibrant life with Loughridge's coloring. … Highly recommended." — Jock

• First time in print!

KILLER QUEENS TPB

ORVILLE SEASON 2.5 DIGRESSIONS TPB

PEARL VOL 1 TPB

SAVAGE HEARTS TPB

USAGI YOJIMBO SAGA TPB VOL 4 (2ND ED)

DC COMICS: SHADOW WAR

Story: Joshua Williamson | Art: Viktor Bogdanovic | Covers: Jonboy Meyers, Viktor Bogdanovic, Dan Mora | $5.99

When Deathstroke assassinates Ra’s al Ghul, Talia al Ghul demands revenge and sends her League of Shadows to kill Deathstroke and Deathstroke Inc.! Batman and Robin must team up to track down Deathstroke and bring him to justice … but do they? Expect over-the-top fights, action, mystery, and betrayal as this crossover event creates a major impact on the DCU! The action continues in April with Batman #122!

As the writer of titles such as Robin, Deathstroke Inc., Infinite Frontier, Justice League Incarnate and now Batman, it’s clear that Joshua Williamson has an incredible passion for DC and its characters. Beginning in March, the fan-favorite writer is bringing fans Shadow War, a three-month crossover event where the worlds of Batman, Robin (Damian Wayne) and Deathstroke collide in an event that will have major ramifications in the DC Universe!

ROBIN #12

Eager fans will have two chances to get a glimpse into the events unfolding in Shadow War before Shadow War Alpha #1 arrives in comic book stores. On March 22, Robin #12, also written by Williamson with art by Roger Cruz, features a changed Damian Wayne returning to Gotham after the end of the Lazarus Tournament, only to have one more opponent to battle to the death: Damian Wayne! Priced at $3.99, cover art is provided by Viktor Bogdanovic, with variant covers from Francis Manapul (main variant) and Crystal Kung (1:25 “ratio” variant).

DEATHSTROKE INC. #7

Issue #7 of Deathstroke Inc. also arrives in stores on March 22, written by Williamson with art by Stephen Segovia. This issue spotlights a guest appearance by Slade’s daughter Rose Wilson, a.k.a. Ravager in father-daughter face off! Ravager wants to know why Deathstroke has proclaimed himself “King of the Super-Villains,” and she’s brought the mysterious character Respawn with her to find out! This is the issue where past secrets are exposed, resulting in a cliffhanger that leads directly into Shadow War! Frequent Williamson collaborator Howard Porter provides the main cover (priced at $3.99), with the main variant cover by Ivan Tao, and a 1 in 25 ratio variant card stock cover by Acky Bright (priced at $4.99).

The Shadow War action continues in April with Batman #122, Deathstroke Inc. #8 and Robin #13. It concludes in May with Batman #123, Shadow War Zone #1, Deathstroke Inc. #9 and Robin #14, concluding with the can’t-miss Shadow War Omega #1.

• Whoops! Looks like this started last week! Sorry, gang.

DC COMICS

AQUAMEN #2

BATMAN: BEYOND THE WHITE KNIGHT #1 (OF 8)

Story/Art/Covers: Sean Murphy | $4.99

A lot can change in 10 years, especially in Gotham! Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne, may be behind bars, but the real criminals are still out there. Gotham Motors CEO Derek Powers has seized control of the Wayne family’s assets and is using them to transform the GTO and the city they’ve sworn to protect. Crime is down, but at what cost? A new Batman has emerged in Powers’ city, and only Bruce is fully aware of the dangers to come. It’s time to destroy the mantle for good, but he’ll need one of his forgotten sons’ help to do so. Enter Jason Todd … the first Robin?! In this thrilling sequel to the blockbuster comic book hits Batman: White Knight and Batman: Curse of the White Knight, writer/artist Sean Murphy invites the audience to go beyond the Gotham they know to discover an engrossing new take on the city and its heroes. Welcome to Neo-Gotham and the world of Beyond the White Knight!

• Since I dislike the Bat-psycho school of writing, this alt-Bat story (where Batman really is out of control, and eventually gets put away) wasn't really in my wheelhouse. But I do love me some Sean Murphy, so I've read every installment. However, I hasten to add, I've done so with ever-diminishing enthusiasm. Since I'm not much of a Batman Beyond fan, I think this is where I drop off the bandwagon.

BATMAN/FAZE CLAN #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Josh Trujillo | Art: Scot Eaton, Norm Rapmund | Cover: Tyler Kirkham | $3.99

FaZe Clan, the world's most prominent and influential esports and gaming organization, joins forces with Gotham City’s heroes for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure! A new enemy has emerged, and the Dark Knight must call on the world’s greatest gamers to help! FaZe founders Rain, Apex, Banks, Temperrr, and other members of the team unite and gain new abilities to combat an escalating digital threat. Will Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batwoman, Batwing and the members of FaZe Clan be enough to stop the Riddler's devious scheme?

• Since I'm old, I had to look up FaZe Clan to see what it is. I expected a video game or a band, but instead I discovered it's (to quote their website) "the most popular esports and entertainment organization in the world." That doesn't really tell me anything, since I don't know what esports is.
  • I scrolled through the site. Lots of merch. But I still don't know what it is.

BATMAN: ONE DARK KNIGHT #2 (OF 3)

CHALLENGE OF THE SUPER-SONS TPB

DC POSTER PORTFOLIO: JIM LEE VOL 2 TPB

DC VS. VAMPIRES #6 (OF 12)

SENSATIONAL WONDER WOMAN SPECIAL #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Stephanie Williams, Paula Sevenbergen, Scott Kolins | Art: Alitha Martinez, Paul Pelletier, Scott Kolins | Covers: Belen Ortega, Junggeun Yoon, Maria Laura Sanapo | $9.99

Wonder Woman stars in three sensational stories that will push her to her limits. Will the Amazon Princess come out on top after battling the likes of Circe, Blue Snowman and the Threnn of Doom? Join us in this celebration of all things Wonder Woman for International Women’s Day!

• One-shot!

SHADOW WAR ALPHA #1 ONE-SHOT

• See above.

THE SWAMP THING #11 (OF 16)

WAR FOR EARTH-3 #2 (OF 2)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

KILLING RED SONJA TPB

PANTHA #2

VAMPIRELLA/DRACULA: UNHOLY #4

IDW PUBLISHING

GI JOE RAH SATURDAY MORNING ADVENTURES #2

JOHN BUSCEMA SILVER SURFER ARTISAN ED HC

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2: OFFICIAL MOVIE PRE-QUILL

TMNT ANNUAL 2022

TMNT ONGOING #127

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #127

Story: Sophie Campbell | Art: Pablo Tunica | Covers: Pablo Tunica, Kevin Eastman, Jared Cullum | $3.99

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic book series from IDW once again defies all expectations this March with the reintroduction of a controversial character not seen in 24 years!

Her name is simply ... Venus. Many of you know that name. Some of you may not. But very soon, everyone will be talking about her.

In the current storyline, the Turtles have their hands full navigating the factions of Mutant Town, a quarantined neighborhood in Manhattan’s East Side populated entirely of victims of a mutagen bomb detonation. Amid gang tension from the territorial Punk Frogs and drama unfolding between the extradimensional Utroms and Triceratons, the Turtles delve into the laboratory of the mysterious Dr. Barlow. … And what they discover will change the course of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles forever.

First introduced as a live-action character in the 1990s, Venus was the first female Turtle, preceding the fan-favorite Jennika (introduced to wide acclaim in IDW’s best-selling issue #95) by over two decades. While Venus proved a polarizing figure at the time, fans can trust that Campbell — who has skillfully guided the narrative of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic book series for the past two years — will reintroduce the character in ways both shocking and mesmerizing.

“I’d been trying to make a Venus comeback happen for a while, and I almost can’t believe it’s finally happening!” says Campbell.

Venus will make her debut in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #127, as part of a story arc that concludes in issue #130. Her story will continue in this year’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Free Comic Book Day issue (and eagle-eyed fans may have already spotted her cameo appearance on the released cover artwork), available for free at participating comic shops on May 7. The FCBD release will also serve as a precursor to Armageddon Game, the massive TMNT comic book event of 2022.

“It’s been amazing to watch Sophie Campbell continue our long-running TMNT series with such careful consideration and commitment to the kind of character-driven storylines that have always been the foundation for what makes all things Turtles so beloved and eternal,” says editor Tom Waltz, a longtime TMNT scribe himself. “And now she’s crafted a clever plan to introduce a character from the past that many thought would never see the light of day again. She’s doing it in fine fashion, continuing the IDW tradition of making the old feel both familiar and refreshing all at once … just in time for our big Armageddon Game event, no less!”

TRANSFORMERS: WAR'S END #2

USAGI YOJIMBO: LONE GOAT & KID #3

IMAGE COMICS

ASTRO CITY METROBOOK VOL 1 TPB

• Collects Astro City #1-6 and Astro City #1-12 (the first two series).
  • I'm going to gamble they'll eventually do a hardback. If they don't, I guess I'll be buying this on the secondary market in a few years for an exorbitant price.

ASTRO CITY: THAT WAS THEN ... #1 SPECIAL ONE-SHOT

Story: Kurt Busiek | Art: Brent Eric Anderson, Alex Sinclair | Cover: Alex Ross | $3.99

Bestselling creative team Kurt Busiek, Brent Anderson, Alex Ross, Alex Sinclair, and Comicraft team up for the return of Astro City in an all-new special out from Image Comics this March — the Astro City: That Was Then … one-shot.

And a host of top Image creators welcome the series back to Image — where it all began — with a stunning lineup of variant covers by Erik Larsen, Marcelo Costa, Leandro Fernández, Jamie McKelvie, Chip Zdarsky, and Rob Guillory.

These highly collectable covers bring Astro City characters together with popular classic and current Image Comics series, including Savage Dragon and Samaritan, Radiant Black and the Confessor, The Old Guard and Cleopatra, Beautie in full The Wicked + The Divine style, Quarrel and Crackerjack in a Sex Criminals homage, and Tony Chu and the First Family’s Rex in a Chew-style trip to Beefy Bob’s.

Astro City: That Was Then … features new and existing heroes and launches a mystery that will drive the forthcoming Astro City series. Who were the Jayhawks? How did they inspire five teen sidekicks looking for answers to hit the road in a rickety crime mobile in 1969? And how will this affect Astro City in the present? It all begins here. And don’t miss the Astro City Metrobook, collecting the first three years of the acclaimed series!

• I doubt I'm alone on this site in loving this series. But since I generally tradewait these days, it'll be a good long while before I read this.

HELLCOP VOL 1: WELCOME TO HELL TPB

MAGIC ORDER 2 #6

NEWBURN #5

RADIANT BLACK #13

RIGHTEOUS THIRST FOR VENGEANCE #6

ROGUE SUN #2

SPAWN #328

STEP BY BLOODY STEP #2

ZVRC: ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS CLASSIC #1

Story: Chris Ryall | Art/Cover: Ashley Wood  | $3.99

The original Zombies vs. Robots title is back to reclaim its turf and introduce itself to a new world! Eisner Award nominated duo Chris Ryall and Ashley Wood take the reins with a lineup of four classic adventures — each loaded with automaton-versus-automaton action — in ZvRC: Zombies Vs. Robots Classic. These remastered issues will hit shelves in March from Image Comics and Ryall and Wood’s Syzygy Publishing imprint.

Zombies Vs. Robots was recently ranked the #2 Best Zombie Comic by Comic Book Resources, who called it “one of the wildest comic series of the last 20 years.” The title alone sounds a bit ridiculous, but what makes this comic so great is its willingness to wear that ridiculousness on its sleeve.

Each issue of ZvRC will present an iconic tale and feature new Wood covers, and new stories and additional material, too, as well as the multi-part, entirely untrue Secret History of Zombies Vs. Robots. In the premiere issue, readers will be treated to a 26-page “Which Came First?” origin story, an all-new back-up tale in the spirit of a Kanigher/Kubert war comic, and more!

Zombies Vs. Robots was the title where Ash and I first found our shared creative footing,” said Ryall. “Now the title is finally in our sole control, which is exciting and invigorating. We can’t wait to not only re-present some little seen ZvR stories but also add all kinds of new chapters to this quite ridiculous saga as well.”

Wood added: “It’s a great pleasure to resurrect the carcass of ZvR for new rounds of ‘versus’ action!”

• First issue!

MARVEL COMICS: DESTINY OF X

Rising out of the ashes of INFERNO and emerging out of the vital time-travelling mission in X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE comes The Second Krakoan Age of X-Men: DESTINY OF X! Mutantkind is reshaped once more, as Krakoa’s greatest triumphs and most crushing challenges still lie ahead. The possibilities are endless as your favorite ongoing X-series embrace their future!

Explaining his own plans for Destiny in an exclusive interview with Entertainment Weekly, Gillen said, "IMMORTAL X-MEN for me is this love story of two women across time. Saying that Destiny is Mystique's moral compass is too simple, because that implies that morals are important. But she is the object Mystique orients herself around. That's how I see it. She is of fundamental importance to Mystique, and vice versa."

IMMORTAL X-MEN #1

Story: Kieron Gillen | Art: Lucas Werneck | Covers: Mark Brooks, Lucas Werneck

ONE OF MUTANTKIND'S MOST POWERFUL LEADERS WALKS AWAY FROM KRAKOA IN DESTINY OF X!

Earlier this week, Marvel Comics announced the next era of X-Men storytelling: DESTINY OF X. This Second Age of Krakoa will see new titles emerge and existing ones undergo exciting status quo changes as the endless possibilities that await mutantkind are explored! And today, fans can learn more about one of March 2022’s launches–Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck’s IMMORTAL X-MEN!

IMMORTAL X-MEN will focus on the current leaders of mutantkind known as The Quiet Council in an X-Men series ripe with backstabbing, shady alliances and chilling revelations that will put everything you thought you knew about Krakoa’s future into question! Already proven to be a master of the mutant mythos on books like UNCANNY X-MEN and GENERATION HOPE, Gillen makes his grand return to the franchise with an ambitious series unlike anything that’s come before in X-Men history. And fresh off his work on TRIAL OF MAGNETO, Lucas Werneck is ready to use his acclaimed talents to bring all the high-stakes action, heated clashes, and intense DRAMA to life in this first-of-its-kind X-Men title.

The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better ... or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES / X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE, they strive to hold together — no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Take a seat in the room where it happens. “It” being “the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet.” Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others…

Here’s what Gillen had to say about the new series:

“So, the match is lit, and IMMORTAL X-MEN is a book about the burning. To speak in a Hickmanian idiom, this is the New Avengers to Gerry's Avengers. This is the book about Krakoa, and the Quiet council, with all its muffled screams. It's about a group of people, some of whom are convinced they're in the West Wing, some who have designs to be in House of Cards and at least one who knows they're in Veep. It's big ideas, politics, fights and fashion, lies, creation and destruction, all told across the widest possible canvas, in time and space. It's some characters I've written before, with the volume turned up. It's me falling in love with some characters I've never touched. It's me somehow talking Marvel into paying me for having this much fun.

“Returning to the Inferno nod, Lucas Werneck is basically fire on the page. He's someone who absolutely nails the tone of the book. When we do quiet and real, the characters have so much charisma it feels like stars are on the page. When we do big and impossible, he makes it real, and takes your breath away. Mark Brooks on covers is another treat. His gifts in creating form and charisma are obvious, but he's throwing ideas at the page with a huge velocity. People are going to be poring over his first cover like it's a piece of art at the heart of a conspiracy, as if every line means something. Which is lucky, because it does.”

Professor X. Emma Frost. Destiny. Mystique. Storm. Nightcrawler. Kate Pryde. Colossus. Sebastian Shaw. Exodus. Mister Sinister. Each of them has their own vision for Krakoa and they’re willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. Will mutantkind survive the experience? Find out when IMMORTAL X-MEN #1 hits stands on March 30.

• First issue!
  • You know, it just occurred to me that if the X-books continue resurrecting their characters, then logic would suggest that the X-characters would eventually look a lot younger than non-mutant characters. But since non-mutant characters don't really age either, not much will change.
  • Also, were I Magneto, I'd ask that the next time I resurrect, I come back as 25. Why resurrect as a spry ninetysomething when you could be an age never described as "spry"?

MARAUDERS #1

Story: Steve Orlando | Art: Eleonora Carlini | Cover: Kael Ngu

Kate Pryde enlists a new crew to rescue rescue mutants and unravel a vital mystery stretching two billion years into the past in Steve Orlando and Eleonora Carlini’s MARAUDERS #1

X-MEN RED #1

Story: Al Ewing | Art: Stefano Caselli | Cover: Russell Dauterman

Mutantkind has taken over Mars and now they have to fight for it. Join Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, and more as they strive to save the red planet from war in Al Ewing and Stefano Caselli’s X-MEN RED #1

X-FORCE #27

Story: Benjamin Percy | Art: Robert Gill | Cover: Joshua Cassara

Krakoa’s deadly strike team deals with the mind-melding new threat known as CEREBRAX as Benjamin Percy and Robert Gill launch an all-new arc in X-FORCE #27

KNIGHTS OF X #1

Story: Tini Howard | Art: Bob Quinn | Cover: Yanick Paquette

Captain Britain recruits nine knights to join her on a magical quest for the holy grail of mutantkind in Tini Howard and Bob Quinn’s KNIGHTS OF X #1

X-MEN #10

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art: Javier Pina | Cover: Pepe Larraz

As numerous new threats begin to close in on Krakoan’s first team of X-Men, an old enemy emerges as Gerry Duggan continues his hit run on X-Men alongside artist Javier Pina in X-MEN #10

LEGION OF X #1

Story: Si Spurrier | Art: Jan Bazaldua | Cover: Dike Ruan

Nightcrawler assembles a squad to bring justice and peace to Krakoa and protect mutantkind from its most soul-crushing threats yet in Si Spurrier and Jan Bazaldua’s LEGION OF X #1

NEW MUTANTS #25

Story: Vita Ayala | Art: Rod Reis | Cover: Leinil Francis Yu

Magik and the recently resurrected Madelyne Pryor compete for the throne of Limbo in Vita Ayala and Rod Reis’ acclaimed run of New Mutants, igniting the all-new "Labors of Magik" arc in NEW MUTANTS #25

WOLVERINE #20

Story: Benjamin Percy | Art/Cover: Adam Kubert

Wolverine continues to take on mutantkind’s most brutal missions … with some unwelcome help from Deadpool as Benjamin Percy and Adam Kubert continue their masterful run on Wolverine in WOLVERINE #20

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93

Story: Zeb Wells | Art: Patrick Gleason | Beyond Board: Zeb Wells, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Kelly Thompson & Patrick Gleason | coveres: Arthur Adams, Patrick Gleason

Over the last few months, a surprising saga has played out in the pages of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. Hit creators including Zeb Wells, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Kelly Thompson, and Patrick Gleason have brought readers the BEYOND ERA which saw Peter Parker out of commission after a disastrous battle and his clone, the fan-favorite Ben Reilly, taking over as Spider-Man under the control of the mysterious Beyond Corporation. Packed with throwdowns against Spidey’s most iconic villains, mindblowing secrets about Beyond’s past, new baddies such as Queen Goblin, and all the Spidey drama fans crave, the BEYOND ERA has shaken up the very core of the Spider-Man mythos. And now after 19 issues, the BEYOND ERA will reach its climactic ending in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93. In this double-sized finale issue, Peter Parker and Ben will go web-to-web in a devastating battle. And while it may very well mark the end of Ben’s time as Spider-Man, it may be the beginning of something else...

Check out the cover as well as four interior pages and a variant cover by series artist Patrick Gleason and pick up AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93 when it hits stand on March 23! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #37

CONAN THE BARBARIAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS: ONCE FUTURE TPB

DARK AGES #6

GHOST RIDER #2

HULK #5

HULK: GRAND DESIGN — MONSTER #1

Story/Art: Jim Rugg

The acclaimed Grand Design series continues next month! Writer and artist Jim Rugg will follow in the tradition of Ed Piskor and Tom Scioli by unfurling the full saga of THE INCREDIBLE HULK, from the very beginning to the present in HULK: GRAND DESIGN! Just in time for the iconic character’s 60th anniversary, witness the biggest moments in the Hulk's history through the eyes of a single visionary storyteller!

“I'm covering 40 years of this character's history — in the comics and in our world,” Rugg told ComicBook.com. “I looked at this project as part comics and part history. So part of the theme or arc of this story is let's look at one of the most popular characters to come out of 20th century storytelling. Here are some of the notable moments in his story, here are some of the great artists and visuals, and here are some of his achievements as one of the best-known characters in the world!”

• First issue!

IMMORTAL X-MEN #1

• See above.

IRON FIST #2

MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #36

SILK #3

SILVER SURFER REBIRTH #3

SPIDER-WOMAN #21

STAR WARS BOUNTY HUNTERS #21

X-CELLENT #2

X-MEN BY HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC

X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION: BISHOP'S CROSSING TPB

X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC NEW PTG

X-MEN: UNLIMITED LATITUDE #1

Story: Jonathan Hickman | Art/Cover: Declan Shalvey

Jonathan Hickman’s revolutionary approach to the X-Men franchise continues this March in X-MEN UNLIMITED! Collecting the first four chapters of Marvel Unlimited’s hit MARVEL INFINITY COMIC, X-MEN UNLIMITED: LATITUDE #1 will allow fans to experience this action-packed story that sees Wolverine tearing through A.I.M. on a mutant rescue mission in a brand-new way!

When A.I.M. manages a covert infiltration of the S.W.O.R.D. station and kidnaps three mutants, it’s up to Wolverine to take one giant leap for man and get them back. From the vacuum of space to the dripping guts of an evil supercomputer, Logan will stop at nothing to save his friends.

• First time in print!
  • Because you just can't have too many X-books!

OTHER PUBLISHERS

AIR WAR STORIES #4

ALMOST AMERICAN #5

AMERICAN ARCHIVES THREE STOOGES DELL 1961 #6

Story: Carl Fallberg | Art: Joe Messerili | Covers: Photo | $3.99

It's the first full Three Stooges issue published by Dell / Gold Key back in 1961!  Issues #1-5 were part of the Four Color Comics line stretching from 1959 to 1961.  But in September of 1961 The Boys received their first fully dedicated issue of The Three Stooges Comics from Dell!  This wonderful issue features a classic photo cover of Moe, Larry and Curly Joe practicing dentistry The Three Stooges way!  Inside are four long lost stories: "Football Phonies;" "Biceps Battle;" "Outsmarted Smarty;" and "The Haunted Ferryboat!"  Plus one page gags and all the slaps and eye pokes you expect from your favorite Stooges!  This comic is chock-fulla classic funnies! 

• One-shot!
  • So this would be the American Mythology version of a facsimile edition? I'd rather have Dell's entire Stooges run in hardback. And I don't even like the Stooges.

ANCIENT MAGUS BRIDE FAERIE CASE FILES GN VOL 4

ANIMAL CASTLE #4

• Here's a preview.

ASCENCIA #11

ATTACK ON TITAN OMNIBUS VOL 3 (VOL 7-9 TPB)

BETTIE PAGE HOLLYWOOD ADVENTURES: MURDER ISLAND TPB

BEYOND THE FARTHEST STAR #3

BEYOND THE FARTHEST STAR CHRONICLES 50TH ANNIVERSARY #1

Story: Marv Wolfman, Denny O'Neil, Robert Kanigher | Art: Dan Green, Howard Chaykin, Rob Anderson, Ruby Florses | Cover: Roy G. Krenkel | American Mythology | $3.99

In 1972 "Beyond The Farthest Star" was published as a backup feature in several issues of DC's Tarzan series. This first comic book adaptation of the brilliant Edgar Rice Burroughs tale has not been seen outside those issues in 50 years! American Mythology is proud to present the first collection of these long lost chapters by legendary comic book creators Marv Wolfman, Denny O'Neil, Robert Kanigher, Dan Green, Howard Chaykin, Murphy Anderson and Rudy Florses!  Come with us — Beyond The Farthest Star — with this special edition showcasing the brilliant imagination of Edgar Rice Burroughs!  This issue has two cover editions — Main and a 100-copy Century Edition by the legendary artist Roy G. Krenkel!

• One-shot!
  • Good lord, this makes me feel old. I remember reading the originals when they came out, when I was in ninth grade and never ran out of energy, most comics creators looked like hippies and the future was unwritten. Now, I am creaky and gray, most of the creators are dead, and ninth grade is barely a memory. I'm sorry, I have to go lie down now until I stop feeling sad. Also, I need a nap.

BLOOD ON SUNSET #4 (OF 5)

BLOODSHOT BY TIM SEELEY DELUXE HC

BLUE PERIOD VOL 6 GN

BOOTY ROYALE: NEVER GO DOWN WITHOUT FIGHT OMNIBUS VOL 3 GN

THE BOYS IN THE BASEMENT TPB

Story/Art/Cover: Don Lomax | Caliber Entertainment | $12.99

Conceived, written and illustrated by award-winning comic book creator Don Lomax, "The Boys in the Basement" cartoon strip appeared as a series within the pages of Model Railroading magazine. It takes a humorous look at the world of model trains from the perspective of three men, Merle and his friends Lenny and Earl, and their obsession and love with the hobby. Rail enthusiasts and those who love them will appreciate Lomax's talent to humorously depict what it is like to be a train aficionado. This volume collects the entire run.

• Collected from Model Railroading magazine.
  • Because why not?
  • And why do those three look like extras from Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

BROKEN SOULS BALLAD #1

Story: Massimo Rosi, Ludovica Ceregatti | Art/Cover: Ludovica Ceregatti | Scout | $4.99

Black Caravan Imprint: Alone in the bowels of St. Abigail Asylum, the Mother lies strapped to a birthing table. Now, her children have been brought back to her by Mrs. Adele, the woman tasked with developing these living weapons for the government. However, what no one realizes is that the Mother's children have become a little less afraid of their tremendous powers. Ever so slowly, their paths are joining together-but will their combined abilities be enough to stop the evil perpetuated at St. Abigail's?

• First issue!

BY THE HORNS VOL 1 TPB

CALL ME NATHAN GN

Story: Catherine Castro | Art: Quentin Zuttion | SelfMadeHero | Mature | $19.99

“All I want is a proper body ... ” Born as biologically female, Nathan spends his formative years facing questions without answers, social ostracism from his peers and incomprehension from his family — because from as early as he can remember, he knows he has been born in the wrong body. Based on a true story that explores transgender identity, Call Me Nathan issues a moving call for understanding, a powerful denunciation of prejudice, and a celebration of everything it means to love.

• Original graphic novel!

CARRIERS #4

CAVEWOMAN: HEADING HOME ONE-SHOT

Story/Art/Cover: Devon Massey | Amryl Entertainment | Mature | $3.99

Meriem had a great time fishing and being alone for a bit  but now it's time to head home to Marshville so she can attend Carrie's movie costume party!  It seems easy  pack up, head out and arrive home. But as usual, things don't work out as planned. It seems the entire jungle is intent on keeping Cavewoman from returning to town alive!

• One-shot!
  • There are more covers, but I'm not posting them since they're all sort of the same.

CEREBUS THE EMILY ONE-SHOT

Story: Dave Sim | Art/Cover: Gustave Dore, Dave Sim, David Birdsong | Aardvark-Vanaheim | $4.00

Ever wonder what Cerebus the Aardvark would have been like if, instead of being a barbarian aardvark, he had had perfect bangs, artfully applied mascara that made his eyes irresistibly sexy, a little black dress that barely covered his crotch, tailored to show off his sun-bronzed shoulders to their best advantage and adorable white, painted toenails? Well, hey, who hasn't? Now it can be told! See what happens when "Daddy's Little Psycho" leverages her bipolarity and autism into absolute tyrannical control over everyone who crosses her path!

• One-shot!
  • Hard pass. This seems to cross the line from parody right on into bad taste.

CHRONICLES OF ARISTOCRAT REBORN IN ANOTHER WORLD VOL 4 GN

CITIES OF MAGICK #1

Co-creators: Will Tempest, Jakob Free | Story: Jakob Free | Art: Will Tempest | Colors: Brad Simpson, Will Tempest | Letterer/Designer: AndWorld Design’s Justin Birch | Covers: Will Tempest, Tristan Wright, Artyom Trakhanov | Backup Artists: Andrey Garin, Tristan Wright, Guy Pradel, Keegan Williams | Scout | $4.99

This is the Age of Magick. It is the Age of City-States and Magick Gangs and the Post-Post Apocalypse.

Our hero, a cowboy named Lev, strolls into Old York City looking for something no one's ever seen before. He's picked a bad time. The forces of Hyper-Priestess Isimar Rothschild, the Queen of the Chicago Conglomerate, have attacked Old York. The only person who stands in Isimar's way is Gregor Steiner, leader of the Red Double Xs, the magick gang that protects the city from foreign invaders.

Lev didn't come looking for a fight, but that doesn't mean he isn't prepared for one. Caught in the midst of a decade-old war between two powerful gangs, Lev has to figure out where his loyalties lie, if he has any to speak of. And he has to do it all quick-like ...

“Cities of Magick is a story about cities and the people that live in them. It’s about letting go of our phones, our computers, our gizmos and whooziwhatsits. It’s about letting go and believing in magick. I’m honored to be able to tell this story, but more than that, I’m honored to have such an incredible partner in Will Tempest. Thanks to Scout Comics, we both have an opportunity to tell an unconventional tale in exactly the way we wanted to tell it. We couldn’t be more excited for people to read it.” — Jakob Free, Writer & Co-Creator

“A smart, inventive take that starts with the end of the world and throws you head first into what comes NEXT! This is humanity after a paradigm shift, gripping in what we leave behind, and even more so in what we can't give up. Check it out!” — Steve Orlando (Martian Manhunter, DC Comics)

“CITIES OF MAGICK by Jakob Free and Will Tempest is the jaw-dropping grungy fantasy book your body needs. I've read it and it's well worth your time and your shillings.” — Alex Paknadel (Death of Doctor Strange: The Avengers)

“Enjoyed it immensely! It's a post-apocalyptic Gangs of New York meets Lord of the Rings! The unnamed main character (shades of Eastwood's Man With No Name!) is a reluctant hero in the very best way possible.” — Karl Kesel (Impossible Jones, Superboy)

“This feels like the start of something really interesting. There is a bit of a wild west feel tacked onto a culture that is steampunk but with magic instead of steam.’ Cities of Magick has big ideas, fun characters and looks spectacular!” — Dan Newland, The Comic Book Yeti

• First issue!

COUNTRY WITHOUT HUMANS VOL 2 GN

CROSS DRESSING VILLAINESS CECILIA SYLVIE VOL 1 GN

Story: Hiroro Akizakura | Art: Dangmill | Yen Press | $13.00

If they find out I’m a girl, I’m toast! All I want is a peaceful, drama-free life! Maybe in the manga adaptation I can take it easy…

I, Cecilia Sylive, woke up as the villainess in a reverse harem-dating sim world. Which, of course, means I’ve been fated to a Bad End no matter what — that is, if I keep living as a girl. And so, the only way to avoid becoming a Holy Maiden Candidate and halt the death flags in their tracks is … to live as a boy! With the assistance of my brother Gilbert and a little bit of luck, maybe even I can find a happily ever after …

• First issue!

DARBI GN

Story/Art: Sherard Jackson | Rocketship Entertainment | $19.99

DARBI features the misadventures of a bloodthirsty baby T-rex and his family as they fight for survival in a savage land. In the first arc, "Everything Hates You," Darbi fights off pteranodons, or as Darbi likes to call them, "posers," so that he can make it home to find his family. Darbi's second arc, "Blooded," dives into his origin story. Readers will meet Darbi's adopted family for the first time and we learn how he got his scars (both real and metaphorical). Finally, in "Cretaceous Boogaloo," Darbi and Pete must escape capture from the "Bangers" (Dakotaraptors), who have our heroes hostage as a part of their mating ritual.

Darbi started as an acclaimed webcomic that has grown into a cult sensation. Combining the humor of series such as South Park and the violence of Jurassic World, Darbi occupies a space of its own.

• Original graphic novel! (I think)
  • I want to see a crossover with Gon.

DARKSTALKERS MORRIGAN #1 ONE-SHOT

Story: Ken Siu-Chong | Art: Panzer | Covers:  Panzer, Steinbach, Genzoman ($20), Reiq ($20), Reig ($50) | UDON | 32 pages | $4.99  

Morrigan, the sultry succubus queen of the demonic Darkstalker dimension, arrives in her own one-shot comic! Her late night escapades into the human world have accidentally unleashed a destructive force on her home dimension. Now, Morrigan must personally confront this new evil to return order to her kingdom of monsters.

The seductive succubus is back in her first solo outing! Don't miss Darkstalkers: Morrigan #1, coming March 2022 from UDON Entertainment! This all-new one-shot comic features Morrigan's next adventure, as she seeks to undo the damage to her home dimension caused by her escapades in the human world. This tale is brought to you by classic Darkstalkers scribe Ken Siu-Chong, and beautifully illustrated by Panzer (Street Fighter #100).

Now UDON is proud to reveal the exclusive variant covers for our first regular comic book in three years! PLUS! Read all the way to the end to check out Panzer's incredible artwork in two exclusive preview pages from this issue!

• One-shot!
  • Every time someone says "Morrigan," I want to finish with "... Macha and Nemain!"
  • Yes, I have read too many Conan comics.

DOSE #4

DRAGON KNIGHTS BELOVED VOL 2 GN

EDGAR ALLAN POE’S SNIFTER OF DEATH #6 (OF 6)

• Here's a preview.

EXO DRIVE REINCARNATION GAMES ALL JAPAN ISEKAI TOURNAMENT GN

FIRE FORCE VOL 26   GN

GOLD DIGGER GOLD BRICK VI REMINTED EDITION TPB

GRIMM FAIRY TALES #58

GUNBURED × SISTERS VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Wataru Mitogawa | Ghost Ship | Mature | 198 pages | $13.99

From the artist behind the Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet manga! A vampire and a warrior nun’s fates are bound by blood and perhaps love in this action-packed series.

In a decaying gothic city, warrior nun Dorothy is tasked with hunting and slaughtering supernatural creatures. A member of the elite Crimson Sisters, she seeks to eradicate all vampires. But one fateful night, she encounters the fanged and beautiful Maria, wounded and desperate for care. Dorothy offers the half-vampire one chance at survival: become my pet.

• First issue!
  • I see Gunbured as "Ganbared" sometimes. Must be a Japanese word.
  • Given that this is about a nun in a lesbian Sub/Dom relationship with a vampire, let's hope it runs under the radar of the self-appointed Blue-Nosed Keepers of Moral Rectitude in our society.

HAPPY HILL #2 (OF 5)

HARBINGER (2021) #6

Story: Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing | Art: Robbi Rodriguez | Colors: Rico Renzi | Letters: Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou | Covers: Robbi Rodriguez, Marguerite Sauvage, Casey Parsons | Valiant | 32 pages | Teen+ | $3.99

The war for Chicago is unleashed in the pages of THE HARBINGER #6!

The high flying Faith Herbert confronts her past face to face with THE HARBINGER himself, Peter Stanchek, as the war for Chicago begins and none other than Psiot City is first in the line of fire! Peter now must learn from the past that had been stolen from him and stand alongside his friends put a stop to The Renegade and Blam. But as the battle just begins with Psiots everywhere being targeted, is it already too late to save the day?

HATH NO FURY VOL 1 TPB

HAWAII SEA TURTLE RESCUE GN

HEAD SET #1 IN THE BEGINNING

Story: Darin Henry | Art/Cover: Blair Shedd | Binge Books | $4.99

Two ninth grade misfits finally unlock the secret of mental telepathy only to discover that the most popular girl in their school is also the most powerful telepath of all! Now these three kids from opposite ends of the social spectrum must set aside their differences and work together to avoid becoming totally telepathetic! This hilarious origin epic is 68 pages and fun for all-ages from sitcom scribe Darin Henry (Seinfeld, KC Undercover) and artist Blair Shedd (Doctor Who), kids from opposite ends of the social spectrum must set aside their differences and work together to avoid becoming totally telepathetic!

• First issue!

HEATHENS #5

• Here's a preview.

HERO LIFE OF A SELF-PROCLAIMED MEDIOCRE DEMON VOL 3 GN

I AM A CAT BARISTA VOL 2 GN

IF THE RPG WORLD HAD SOCIAL MEDIA VOL 2 GN

I’M STANDING ON MILLION LIVES GN VOL 12

IN HIS OWN IMAGE #2 (OF 3)

IS IT WRONG TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON SWORD ORATORIA VOL 16 GN

ISLA TO ISLAND GN (YOUNG READERS)

JOHN CARPENTER’S TALES OF SCIENCE FICTION CIVILIANS #2 (OF 3)

KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL TPB

LET THIS GRIEVING SOUL RETIRE VOL 2 GN

LIVING CORPSE RELICS #6 ENCORE EDITION

LIVING ROOM MATSUNAGA SAN VOL 10 GN

MAGICAL GIRL SPECIAL OPS ASUKA VOL 13 GN

MARS RED VOL 2 GN

MERLIN & HECTOR #3

MISSISSIPPI ZOMBIE VOL 3

MONSTER MEN ISLE OF TERROR #1 (OF 3)

Story: Mike Wolfer | Art/Cover: Roy Allen Martinez| American Mythology | $3.99

The next exciting chapter in the saga of the man-made creature Number Thirteen begins! Having escaped captivity within the British military compound on the tropical island of Professor Maxon, Townsend Harper Jr. and Virginia Maxon have every intention of sailing away from the island and never revealing the secrets of the scientific experiments being conducted there. ... Experiments into the creation of human life. But things are about to take an even darker and more deadly turn, as the nightmarish creations of Professor Vogel have also escaped, and now prowl the jungle in search of human flesh! The couple's only hope for survival is Otto, the hulking man-monster once called Number Thirteen, but can they trust a creature with the mind of a child and a face so hideous that we can't even reveal it? Find out in this blockbuster, action-packed first issue, written by Mike Wolfer and illustrated by Roy Allan Martinez.

• First issue!
  • That cover sure has my Homage Sense tingling, but I can't find the original. It's looks very Mike Zeck-y to me, but I struck out looking in the obvious places. (I found something similar in Master of Kung Fu, but the poses were off.) Anybody know?

MOORCOCK ELRIC VOL 4 (OF 4) DREAMING CITY HC

MR. COLOSTOMY

Story/Art/Cover: Matthew Thurber | Drawn & Quarterly | $24.95

Are we not all criminals — eating our take-out, foraging for mushrooms, lapping at puddles?

What happens when sleep becomes commodified? What if all the people at your local café were piloting drone strikes? What is the hidden cost and darkness of the society we must all engage with? Mr. Colostomy opens up cans of worms faster than they can restock the Goya on your bodega shelves. Who is Mr. Colostomy? Why, he’s a manifestation of a searching consciousness, a marginally employable horse detective who sleeps outside, standing up. As he attempts to unravel a ridiculous plot that follows the disappearance of a couple of brats who turn into atomic particles after sundown, Mr. Colostomy remains always alien, a mutant mustang, an eccentric equus who might just be trying to make a buck in Babytown, the Babylon built by babes — or, is a more sinister plot a-hoof?

The surreal comedy of Mr. Colostomy is enhanced by Thurber’s process of creating the comic through parapraxis, meaning with no forethought or penciling. This comic honors the mistake as the desired or hidden expression of the unconscious. All that matters is that the comic is funny or real or neither! All comics were created in a public space in order to “swim in” or “feel” the audience.

"[Art Comic is a] raw, bizarre meditation on why we idiot humans bother to create anything. " — Vulture

"A blistering take on the art world, rife with cameos from Robert Rauschenberg to Matthew Barney. Thurber's absurd narrative takes to task the often farcical nature of a notoriously self-aggrandizing industry." — Artsy

• First time in print! (I think)
  • "Parapraxis" seems like a fancy word for "flying by the seat of your pants."
  • Here's a preview.

MY DATE WITH MONSTERS #5

MY NEXT LIFE AS A VILLAINESS ON VERGE OF DOOM VOL 2 GN

MYTHS & LEGENDS QUARTERLY JACK & JILL

Story: Dave Franchini, David Wohl | Cover: Al Barrionuevo | Zenescope | 72 pages | $8.99

Infamy can take your name to larger-than-life heights and no one knows this more than Jack the giant killer. With his path of vengeance carved through a life he once knew, it has led him on a course of great evil. Those in his wake had felt his pain a thousand-fold, but from the ashes of the world he burned and left far behind him, a new hero will rise!

Don't miss this epic story set to rock the very foundations of the Grimm Universe!

• First issue!

NUMBER ONE

Scott: Gary Scott Beatty | Art/Cover: Aaron Warner | Source Point Press | $3.99

Comic shop owner isn't a job, it's a calling in this full color, done-in-one story exploring 50 years of comic book history! Comics helped Steve through some tough times growing up and he turned his love of the medium into a comic shop business. But is it worth the toll it takes on his family?

• One-shot!

PACIFIC RIM ULTIMATE OMNIBUS GN

PELLUCIDAR ACROSS SAVAGE SEAS #3

PHANTOM TALES OF THE NIGHT VOL 8 GN

PINBALL: GRAPHIC HISTORY OF THE SILVER BALL HC

Story/Art/Cover: Jon Chad | First Second Books | $24.99

For fans of Brian "Box" Brown's Tetris and the cult-hit documentary King of Kong, Jon Chad illustrates the little-known story of pinball-how it works and why it all matters in an age of special effects and on-screen gaming. In 1976, champion player Roger Sharpe stepped up to a pinball machine in a Manhattan courtroom. He was there to challenge the citywide ban on pinball by proving this was a game of skill, not chance. Sharpe pulled back the plunger and released, and the fate of this industry and artform hung in the balance. Thus opens Jon Chad's comprehensive graphic guide to the history of the captivating, capricious — and at times infuriating! — game of pinball.

POIKO'S QUESTS & STUFF TPB

Story/Art/Cover: Brian Middleton | Vault | $9.99

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN "AVERAGE" DAY FOR POIKO!

Have you ever had to deliver a care package to a dragon with allergies? Have you ever been waylaid by a school of space fish? That's just an average day for Poiko, the kingdom's most reliable courier. The world can be a big, scary place, but it can also be wondrous. Sad things can happen, but there are always good friends to turn to, or new friends to make. And no matter what, there is always, always someone who could use your help. Poiko learns all these lessons and more every time he brushes his tail, pulls on his hoodie, and steps out into a new adventure. The philosophical whimsicality of Calvin & Hobbes meets the fantasy-scapes of Adventure Time in this modern-day classic.

• Original graphic novel! (I think.)

QUINTARA STONE #1

Keenspot Entertainment | $4.99

When Quintara Stone drank from The Holy Grail, little did she know that immortality would be the least of her problems. Jumping between her past and her present and set in a world filled with Monsters, Demons, Enhanced beings, and Legends that become truths, Quintara has her hands full protecting humanity from the unknown things hiding in the shadows.

• This book has nine covers. No, I'm not gonna post 'em all.

RAISE UP THE DEAD ZOMBIE COMICS ANTHOLOGY GN

Story: Agustin Alessio, Eduardo Risso, Luciano Saracino | Art: Diego Agrimbau, Max Fiumara | Cover: Agustin Alessio, Eduardo Risso | Red 5 Comics-Stonebot | $17.99

In the world of the living dead you have two options ... become food or become a zombie!? A group of talented comic authors come together in this volume to tell the scariest stories of the impending Apocalypse. We hope it will be useful as a guide for what is to come...

• Original anthology! (I think.)

RANGER STRANGER #2

RAVEN HEX RETURN OF DARK WITCH

REINCARNATED AS A SWORD ANOTHER WISH VOL 2 GN

RISE OF DRACULA #4 (OF 6)

SAVAGE CIRCUS #10 (OF 11)

SEASON OF THE BRUJA #1

Story: Aaron Duran | Art/Cover: Sara Soler | Oni Press | $3.99

Althalia Cabrera might seem like any other witchy Portland hipster whiling away her days behind the counter of a freaky occult museum, but there's more to her whole deal than a trendy pursuit of the craft. Althalia is a bruja by blood — the youngest in a long line of powerful magic users from a long-ago culture indigenous to Mexico. In her 20 years, Althalia has studied with her loving abuela by her side, supporting and mentoring her use of the family magic, and protecting her from the darkest parts of their practice's history. But just as Althalia's inner light and power begins to shine, the darkness of the past finds its way into her world and strikes a tragic blow, testing Althalia in ways she might not be prepared enough to survive.

• First issue!
  • Is it just me, or are witches really in vogue these days?

SEVENOAKS GN

Story/Art/Cover: Kevin Sacco | Amaze Ink (Slave Labor Graphics) | $24.95

In the summer of 1966, aspiring artist Kevin Sacco learns that his family is moving from New York City to London-and that he will be attending Sevenoaks, a traditional boarding school in the English countryside. At first considered a "Yank" outsider with limited academic or sports acumen, Sacco gradually comes to experience and understand this life of rugby, cold showers, new friendships and discipline. Letters between Sacco and his best friend in New York serve to compare his cloistered life at Sevenoaks to the life that he would be living back home: a life touched by drugs, anti-war sentiments, and racial unrest.

SHEEPLY HORNED WITCH ROMI VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Yoichi Abe | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 162 pages | $12.99

An offbeat dark fantasy about two strange classmates who fall in love in a transformed post-apocalyptic world.

The world has changed: everyone has fallen into a deep slumber, except a bunch of sheep, a sheep-horned witch, and her senpai. And now monsters are closing in! Why are the only people still awake two teenagers snarled up in a tangle of complicated emotions? Find out in this beautifully illustrated, unique dark fantasy!

• First issue!

SHELTER DIVISION #3 (OF 3)

SIR LADYBUG VOL 1 HC

SOMETHING’S WRONG WITH US VOL 7 GN

SUPER HXEROS VOL 6 GN

SWORDS OF CEREBUS IN HELL VOL 11 TPB

TEASING MASTER TAKAGI SAN VOL 14 GN

TECHNOFREAK #4 (OF 3)

THE LAST SESSION #4

TOM HOLLAND’S FRIGHT NIGHT #1 CENTURY EDITION

UNCLE FROM ANOTHER WORLD VOL 4 GN

UQ HOLDER VOL 25 GN

VAMPBLADE VOL 12: CLIMAX ROYALE TPB

WELCOME TO SUCCUBUS HIGH VOL 3 GN

WILDER #2 (OF 5)

WILLY’S WONDERLAND #1 CENTURY EDITION

WORLD CLASS

Story: Jay Sandlin | Rebecca Nalty | Art/Cover: Patrick Mulholland | Maverick-Mad Cave | $14.99

When a football scout offers Diego Molina a full scholarship to an elite prep school in London, the news seems too good to be true. His enrollment hits a snag upon meeting the team's star striker, Titan Evans. Titan is everything Adrian is not, powerful, connected, and with a hunger to dominate the school as well as the pitch. The constant fighting, teasing, and bullying, bring about crippling anxiety of losing his spot on the team. That's until Luciano DeSilva takes him under his wing, and gives Adrian the confidence to be himself and value his position on the team.

WORLD OF ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #118

YAKUZA REINCARNATION VOL 1 GN

Story & Art: Takeshi Natsuhara Hiroki Miyashita | Seven Seas | Older Teen (15+) | 192 pages | $12.99

An isekai like no other! When a tough old gangster wakes up in the body of a fantasy world princess, he decides to teach this new world the meaning of yakuza honor!

Ryu may be getting on in his years, but the aging gangster is still hellbent on defending his turf when some young toughs ambush him and he wakes up in a fantasy world! Not only that, he’s in the body of this world’s princess! Is he the one that the ancient prophecy spoke of? Ryu might be out of place in this fantasy realm, but he may also be the only one who can save it!

• First issue!

ZORRO: NEW WORLD #3

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MAGAZINES

COMIC SHOP NEWS #1806

COMIC SHOP NEWS SPRING PREVIEWS #0

NON SPORT UPDATE VOL 33 #2

TOY VENTURES MAGAZINE #1

TOY VENTURES MAGAZINE #2

TOY VENTURES MAGAZINE #3

BOOKS

ARIFURETA FROM COMMONPLACE ZERO VOL 5 (LIGHT NOVEL)

BATMAN THE ULTIMATE GUIDE HC (NEW EDITION)

GREATEST DEMON LORD REBORN TYPICAL NOBODY VOL 7 (LIGHT NOVEL) SC

HAUNTED BOOKSTORE GATEWAY PARALLEL UNIVERSE VOL 2 (LIGHT NOVEL)

HIDDEN DUNGEON ONLY I CAN ENTER VOL 6 (LIGHT NOVEL) SC

JOSEE TIGER FISH HC (LIGHT NOVEL)

MY PARENTS WON`T STOP TALKING HC

OVERLORD COMPLETE ANIME ARTBOOK ART VOL 2 SC

SAINTS MAGIC POWER IS OMNIPOTENT VOL 6 (LIGHT NOVEL) SC

STAR WARS: THESE ARE THE DROIDS YOU’RE LOOKING FOR SEARCH & FIND HC

STRANGE ADVENTURE OF BROKE MERCENARY NOVEL VOL 4 SC

THE STRANGE ADVENTURE OF A BROKE MERCENARY VOL. 4 LIGHT NOVEL

• "Also, were I Magneto, I'd ask that the next time I resurrect, I come back as 25."

It has been established, in continuity, that, after having been de-aged to infancy in Defenders #16, Magneto had several years shaved off when he was restored. I thihnnk Prof. X was similarly "youthened" when his body was cloned, as well. 

23916995360.16.gif?profile=RESIZE_710x

97993536520.112.gif?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I love the Three Stooges, but I don't think their style of humor translates well to comics.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that "Gunbured Sisters" might be better rendered as "Gun-Bred Sisters", especially given that one of the characters on the cover is holding a gun.

The original Japanese title is "Ganbareddo Shisutaazu".  I'm reasonably certain that "Shisutaazu" is a Japanese transliteration of the English word "sisters".  I'm a little sketchier on "Ganbareddo". It's tougher because of the fact that English has sounds that don't exist in Japanese, and Japanese has sounds that don't exist in English.

• Thanks for the linguistics research, Baron. Do you think "gun-bred" would make sense to Japanese audiences as a transliteration? Is it a genre or something?

Also, I had completely forgotten about Magneto's regression to a baby. Remember those glory days, when Magneto was an out-and-out villain and we didn't have to accept as readers that the X-Men are now completely fine with having him hang around? Even Wolverine who, you know, tends to carry a grudge about things like having all the metal ripped from your body. And you'd think Magneto himself would have some qualms about Charles, given that Xavier has 1) helped turn him into a baby and 2) wiped his mind at one point. 

Of course, it could all be the result of some kind of mind control. Say, doesn't Krakoa grow all their food? And isn't Krakoa's contribution to the mutant economy drugs? Hmm. Somebody ought to look into that. Unless, of course, everyone concerned is being discouraged from doing that by drugs they are unknowingly consuming.

Just a thought, that will probably turn out to be wrong.

• I've never heard of "gun-bred" being a genre,although "yuri vampire" stuff certainly is.  I also don't know for sure whether it would make sense to a Japanese or not.  They have been known to use English words in ways that wouldn't make sense to a native English speaker.

Captain Comics said:

Thanks for the linguistics research, Baron. Do you think "gun-bred" would make sense to Japanese audiences as a transliteration? Is it a genre or something?

• How about the other half of the equation, the warrior nun? That has more or less become a genre in the West, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was lifted from the East.

• The only "warrior nun" comic I've ever seen was an American one,  Warrior Nun Areala.  I have seen some "interesting" takes on Christianity in Japanese popular culture. Chrstians are a very small minority in Japan, so I suspect that the average Ichiro and Emiko Nihonjin don't know much more about the tenets of Christianity than the average Dick and Jane American know about the tenets of Buddhism.

That said, back in the Middle Ages, there were bands of Buddhist warrior monks called sōhei in Japan, so warrior nuns wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Captain Comics said:

How about the other half of the equation, the warrior nun? That has more or less become a genre in the West, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was lifted from the East.

• Understood, and that's more or less what I would have guessed. But when it comes to manga, I've learned not to guess!

For one thing, manga has a lot of fun with Western concepts. Not just Catholic nuns, but Stoker-style vampires (not yokai, which they also do), and James Bond-style espionage stories, Westerns, and more. It's the first observation my wife made reading my stuff, that manga used a lot of Western genres and concepts, which she didn't expect. It's not only that Catholic nuns appear in manga, but they are self-explanatory. 

I attribute some of this comfort level with Western material to the American occupation of Japan, like baseball and, duh, comic books. And also to the reach of Western culture generally, via movies, TV shows, the Internet and so forth. But even with that, I'm still surprised that a manga will not only star a Catholic nun, but also juxtapose her with her conceptual opposite for literary  effect. This not only presupposes great familiarity on the part of the writer, but also the audience. Plus, it's clever stuff that the West doesn't do with its own concepts!

Also, it's dirty. Naughty, at the very least.

There's just so much going on here. Someone should write a thesis!

• Actually, baseball was introduced to Japan in 1872, and American comics and animation were well-known in Japan before the war.

Captain Comics said:

I attribute some of this comfort level with Western material to the American occupation of Japan, like baseball and, duh, comic books. 

• So I guess you have to write the thesis!

This reply was deleted.