NOTES

• Boom!'s Buffy #14 comes out this week, and Bleeding Cool says it will debut a major character.
  • EC Archives: Impact ships to comic shops this week, but it's been in bookstores for weeks.
  • Diamond's ship list for DC Comics and DCComics.com's ship list vary quite a bit. My guess is that this week's Diamond shipment will have not only the May 20 comics, but also the comics that shipped from UCS and Lunar Comics on April 28, May 5 and May 12. That's just a guess, though.
  • The "Other Comics" list varies completely depending on whether you're looking at Diamond or other sources (like PR, websites, my LCS, Bleeding Cool, etc.). I expect the Diamond list to be accurate, and the other stuff? No telling when it will actually appear.
  • Snowpiercer debuts May 17, actually on last week's list, but if you're reading this on Sunday, you've still got time. The second episode is this week, May 24.
  • Stargirl debuts on DCUniverse.com on Monday, May 18, then repeats on The CW on Tuesday, May 19. This will happen every week.
  • The May 17 Batwoman may be the season-ender. It's only the 20th episode -- there are usually 22 -- but imdb.com doesn't show any more coming. The season may have been truncated by the pandemic. Imdb.com does show show three more Supergirl episodes after May 17, but without dates, names or descriptions. Make of that what you will.
  • Imdb.com's episode list for Harley Quinn doesn't jibe with DCUniverse's, whom I tend to trust more. (It's their schedule after all.) DCUniverse shows five more episodes after Friday's "Inner (Para) Demons".
  • Marvel's releases this week are digital only. Print comics won't return until next week.

MONDAY, MAY 18

VIDEO

Live Q&A with Brec “Stargirl” Bassinger (DC Universe community, 6 p.m. CST)

Hot on the heels of the DC’s Stargirl premiere, tune-in for a lively Q&A with Brec Bassinger, who stars on the series as teenager Courtney Whitmore. Here’s your chance to get close and personal with the Cosmic Staff-wielding star!

Stargirl, “Pilot” (DC Universe)

TUESDAY, MAY 19

VIDEO

Stargirl, “Pilot” (The CW, 7 p.m.)

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, “I Am Legends” (The CW, 8 p.m.)

COMICS

COMIXOLOGY ORIGINALS

Youth #2 (digital only)

DC COMICS (per DCCOMICS.COM)

DCeased: Unkillables #3 (of 3)

The Dollhouse Family #6 (of 6)

The Flash GIANT #4

The Flash by Mark Waid Book Seven TPB

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy TPB

Nightwing: The Gray Son Legacy TPB

Plunge #3 (of 6)

Stargirl by Geoff Johns TPB

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #10 (of 12)

Red Hood: Outlaw #45

Wonder Woman #755

Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #3 (3rd Printing)

PAPERCUTZ

Fuzzy Baseball Volume 3 HC (6 x 9, 72pp., $12.99), PB (6 x 9, 72pp., $7.99): Creator John Steven Gurney (Dinosaur Train, A to Z Mystery) steps back up to the plate with his signature humor and love of baseball to pit the Fernwood Valley Fuzzies against a team of baseball-loving robots, the Geartown Clankees! Fans of the series will enjoy the usual puns and baseball knowledge John infuses into the series, but also appreciate the heartwarming tale of robots who just want to have fun and play ball, instead of wasting their days away in a factory.

WEDNESDAY, May 20

COMICS

BOOM! STUDIOS

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #14

Ghosted in L.A. #10

Jim Henson's Storyteller: Ghosts #2

DARK HORSE COMICS

EC Archives: Impact HC

Kill Whitey Donovan #5

Vampire Hunter D v29: Noble Front TPB

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

Red Sonja v5 #15

DC COMICS (per DIAMOND)

Adventures of Superman by George Perez HC

Batman Detective Comics v3: Greetings from Gotham HC

Batman Superman v1: Who Are the Secret Six? HC

DCeased: Unkillables #3 (of 3)

DC First Issue Special HC

Dollhouse Family #6

Green Arrow Year One Deluxe Edition HC

Hellblazer by Garth Ennis Omnibus HC

Justice Leauge Dark v3: The Witching War TPB

Lost Carnival: A Dick Grayson Graphic Novel PB

Omega Men by Tom King Deluxe Edition HC

Plunge #3 (of 6)

Red Hood Outlaw #45

Robin the Bronze Age Omnibus HC

Shazam the World’s Mightiest Mortal v2 HC

Superman Action Comics v3: Leviathan Hunt TPB

Superman Smashes the Klan TP

Superman Up in the Sky HC

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #10 (of 12)

Swamp Thing by Nancy A. Collins Omnibus HC

Tales of the Batman by Steve Englehart HC

Teen Titans v3: Seek and Destroy TPB

Weird Western Tales Jonah Hex v1 HC

Wonder Woman & Justice League Dark: Witching Hour TPB

World’s Finest Guardians of the Earth HC

Young Justice v1: Gemworld TPB

IDW PUBLISHING

Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #3

Marvel Action Avengers #10

Star Wars Adventures: Clone Wars #1

IMAGE COMICS

American Jesus v1: Chosen TPB (New Edition)

American Jesus v2:  New Messiah TPB

Birthright #43

Deadly Class #44

Ludocrats #1

Outcast by Kirkman & Azaceta #45

Savage Dragon #248

Snotgirl v3: Is This Real Life? TPB

MARVEL COMICS

2020 Ironheart #1 (digital only)

Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes (digital only)

Hawkeye: Freefall #5 (digital only)

Star #4 (digital only)

OTHER COMICS (per DIAMOND)

ABLAZE

Mirka Andolfo's Unsacred #5

ABSTRACT STUDIO

Five Years #9

ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT

Killswitch #4

Zombie Tramp #69

ARCHIE COMICS

Betty & Veronica Jumbo Comics Digest #281

ALBATROSS FUNNYBOOKS

Goon #10

ARTISTS, WRITERS & ARTISANS

Year Zero #1

CAVE PICTURES PUBLISHING

Appalachian Apocalypse TPB

FANTAGRAPHICS

Machine Never Blinks HC

Portrait of a Drunk HC

HUMANOIDS

In Vitro

MAGNETIC COMICS
Black Comix Returns HC

NBM PUBLISHING

Super Sisters

SEVEN SEAS

Saki Succubus Hungers Tonight v2

ST. MARTIN’S PRESS

Check Please Hockey v2: Sticks and Stones HC

TITAN COMICS

Doctor Who 13th Season Two #4

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT

Livewire v3: Champion

ZENESCOPE

Belle: Oath of Thorns #6

Red Agent: Island of Dr. Moreau #4

OTHER COMICS (per other sources)

AFTERSHOCK COMICS

Dead Day #1

Disaster Inc. #1

DRAWN & QUARTERLY

Umma’s Table GN

FAKKU BOOKS

Indecent Proposal GN

KODANSHA COMICS

Boarding School Juliet v11

Eden's Zero v7

Granblue Fantasy v4

Phoebe & Her Unicorn v11: Camping with Unicorns

MAGNETIC PRESS

Ballad of Yaya v6: Lost TPB

NAVAL INSTITUTE

Churchill Graphic Biography

ONI PRESS

Dewdrop TPB

Rick & Morty Presents v2 TPB

SILVER SPROCKET

Radlands Pinups by El Sub TPB

TOKYOPOP

Scarlet Soul Manga v2

VIZ MEDIA

Boruto v8: Naruto Next Generations

Incurable Case of Love v3

One Piece v93

Prince Freya v1

FRIDAY, MAY 22

VIDEO

Harley Quinn: "Inner (Para) Demons" (DC Universe)

SUNDAY, MAY 24

VIDEO

Snowpiercer, “Prepare to Brace” (TNT, 8 p.m.)

Supergirl (The CW, 8 p.m.)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The time slots you're showing for the CW shows are for the U.S. Central Time Zone. The Eastern and Pacific showtimes are an hour later. Not sure about showtimes in the other three time zones that cover the U.S. 

A long time ago I realized that the DC website on-sale dates weren't accurate. The Diamond on-sale dates are most accurate on Monday evenings, after they update them with last-minute changes.

• The May 17 episodes of Batwoman and Supergirl are the season-enders. 

I found this out by recording the shows on my DVR. The streaming versions don't include the "next week" blurbs and previews. The May 10 shows both said that the coming May 17 episodes would be season finales.

• I had been curious which of my pre-orders originally solicited to ship March 25 through May 20 would ship.

I'm looking at...

DC FIRST ISSUE SPECIAL HC
    EC ARCHIVES IMPACT HC
    ROBIN: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    SHAZAM! THE WORLD`S MIGHTIEST MORTAL VOL. 2 HC
    TALES OF THE BATMAN: STEVE ENGLEHART HC
    THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN BY GEORGE PEREZ HC
    WORLD’S FINEST: GUARDIANS OF THE EARTH

There are still two dozen other of my pre-orders unaccounted for, but some of those may end up shipping as well. A lot of stuff I read is pretty obscure (Harold Gray's "Little Joe" for example, solicited for April 8) and doesn't always show on online manifests.

• I just got back from my LCS (first "new comic book day' in 10 weeks!) and found a couple of surprises not listed above.

FAMOUS FIRST EDITIONS * NEW FUN COMICS * TREASURY EDITION - The first ever DC comic book. This is the same size as the "treasury editions" of old, but hardcover. (Originally solicited for January 22)

GERRY CONWAY * NEW GODS - (Originally solicited for April 1)

• Sorry I left off the "CDT" on those times. I did on the first week, but evidently forgot the second week.

I asked DC's PR department for an updated ship list for May 20 and May 27, and Clark Bull told me that they were updating everyone via the DC blog rather than emails. Don't know how Diamond fits into that. Anyway, he gave me some links, and I dutifully passed them on. It doesn't matter when the books arrive if you have a pull list, as they'll get pulled whenever they do arrive. But if you're the sort who decides what they're going to get 10 minutes before going to the LCS and tries to find an accurate, up-to-date list ... well, I'm giving you what I know.

Richard Willis said:

The time slots you're showing for the CW shows are for the U.S. Central Time Zone. The Eastern and Pacific showtimes are an hour later. Not sure about showtimes in the other three time zones that cover the U.S. 

A long time ago I realized that the DC website on-sale dates weren't accurate. The Diamond on-sale dates are most accurate on Monday evenings, after they update them with last-minute changes.

• I read an article on Variety a couple of days ago that confirms this.

Richard Willis said:

The May 17 episodes of Batwoman and Supergirl are the season-enders. 

• I think most of these books are scheduled to ship to comic shops May 27. They've already shipped to Amazon.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I had been curious which of my pre-orders originally solicited to ship March 25 through May 20 would ship.

I'm looking at...

DC FIRST ISSUE SPECIAL HC
    EC ARCHIVES IMPACT HC
    ROBIN: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    SHAZAM! THE WORLD`S MIGHTIEST MORTAL VOL. 2 HC
    TALES OF THE BATMAN: STEVE ENGLEHART HC
    THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN BY GEORGE PEREZ HC
    WORLD’S FINEST: GUARDIANS OF THE EARTH

There are still two dozen other of my pre-orders unaccounted for, but some of those may end up shipping as well. A lot of stuff I read is pretty obscure (Harold Gray's "Little Joe" for example, solicited for April 8) and doesn't always show on online manifests.

• Again, both of these books shipped to non-Diamond clients weeks ago. I've had my Famous First Edition New Fun #1 since, I think, April. (I've already it more than once in digital form, so I've even left the plastic on!)

I didn't get Conway's New Gods because I read the originals in floppies and have no desire to revisit those stories. That's no knock on Conway, as I imagine he was under orders to not change the status quo and to color within the lines. My only interest in Kirby's New Gods was the artwork and the waterfall of new characters and concepts. Absent those attractions, New Gods was, to me, little more than a thin Thor pastiche which I found unutterably boring. And I actively hated Orion's new costume. As ever, your mileage may vary.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I just got back from my LCS (first "new comic book day' in 10 weeks!) and found a couple of surprises not listed above.

FAMOUS FIRST EDITIONS * NEW FUN COMICS * TREASURY EDITION - The first ever DC comic book. This is the same size as the "treasury editions" of old, but hardcover. (Originally solicited for January 22)

GERRY CONWAY * NEW GODS - (Originally solicited for April 1)

This reply was deleted.