This Week in Comics: May 9-15, 2022

BOOM! STUDIOS

GRIM #1

Story: Stephanie Phillips | Art/Cover:  Flaviano | $3.99

Jessica Harrow is dead. But her journey has only just begun!

Discover the world of the afterlife, where Jessica has been recruited as a Reaper, tasked with ferrying countless souls to their final destination.

But unlike the rest of the Reapers, she has no memory of what killed her and put her into this predicament.

In order to unravel the mystery of her own demise, she'll have to solve an even bigger one — where is the actual GRIM REAPER?

From acclaimed writer Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn) and fan favorite artist Flaviano (New Mutants) comes a bold new vision of what comes after, and the nature of death itself!

MIGHTY MORPHIN #19

SEVEN SECRETS #17

DARK HORSE COMICS

ASSASSIN'S CREED: VALHALLA — FORGOTTEN MYTHS #3

• Posted last week

GANTZ OMNIBUS VOL 9 TPB

JENNY ZERO VOL II: HOMELAND INSECURITIES #1

Story: Dave Dwonch, Brockton McKinney | Art/Cover: Magenta King | $3.99

Like a big, bad hangover, Jenny Zero is BACK! Writers Dave Dwonch and Brockton McKinney and powerhouse artist Magenta King return to the hard-hitting series along with electrifying new colorist Arnaldo Robles in Jenny Zero: Homeland Insecurities.    

Following the events of the first series, Jenny returns to Japan with the Action Science Police, and reunites with her BFF, Dana Sheratin! But the two badass besties soon find themselves dealing with a Kaiju Death Cult, a giant burger mascot, and a new monster called … fame?! The massive madness starts HERE!

"It's a real joy to get back into this world, where I can draw a lot of crazy kaiju and badass fights,” says series artist Magenta King.

“For volume two, Dwonch, Magenta, and myself, cracked open the notebooks (plus several six-packs) and set out to make this the most heartfelt and outrageous chapter of our drunken hero’s life yet,” says co-writer Brockton McKinney. “It’s Jenny and crew blasting through Japan, dealing with Machiavellian supervillains, tear-jerking reunions, telekinetic inanimate evil, shocking hook-ups, super powered designer drugs, and the most insane giant-creature battles this side of Toho's Big Five. We also enlisted über-talented colorist Arnoldo Robles, who really turned the series’ knobs up to eleven. We can’t thank Dark Horse and the #TeamZero fans enough for giving us the chance to continue Jenny’s epic (and inebriated) tale.”

"Amen, brother Brockton!” agrees co-writer Dave Dwonch. “When we created the Jenny Zero universe, we had SO many ideas that weren't able to make it into Volume One, and we're so thankful that Dark Horse extended the creative runway for us. If you enjoyed the first 4 issues of our series, just wait ... the best is yet to come!"

Praise for Jenny Zero:

“Ever wonder what Ultraman would be like from the perspective of a substance abuser? Jenny Zero can give you an idea.” — Monkeys Fighting Robots

Jenny Zero feels like Snotgirl and Pacific Rim had a brutally honest baby and the end result is a delight to read.” — Comicbook.com

Jenny Zero is a fun adventure that captures the chaotic glee of slaying monsters, partying hard and teenage recklessness.” — AIPT

• “Ever wonder what Ultraman would be like from the perspective of a substance abuser?" I actually hadn't, but the first issue of the last series was surprisingly funny. Although drugs aren't funny, M'kay? Drugs are bad!

NORSE MYTHOLOGY III #4 (OF 6)

TALES FROM HARROW COUNTY: THE LOST ONES #1 (OF 4)

Story: Cullen Bunn | Art/Cover: Emily Schnall| Variant: Tyler Crook

The tales from Harrow County continue! From writer and Harrow County co-creator Cullen Bunn (Lucky Devil, Parasomnia), returning artist Emily Schnall (Tales from Harrow County: Fair Folk), and Harrow County co-creator Tyler Crook (The Unbelievable Unteens, Manor Black) comes Tales from Harrow County: Lost Ones!   

Ten years have passed since Emmy left Harrow County. Since then a lot has changed, but what happened to Emmy herself and what adventures did she go on since she forfeited her magical powers and left town with the Abandoned. In this epic and essential tale find out where life has taken her and what dangers lurk in the shadows waiting for her in this story taking place outside of Harrow County for the first time.

Praise for Harrow County:

“Deftly written, beautifully drawn, thoughtfully imagined — Harrow County already feels like a classic.” — Michael Chabon (The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, Picard)

“A rare thing — both wonderfully charming and genuinely disturbing.” — Mike Mignola (Hellboy)

“One of the best horror comics I’ve ever read. Super creepy!” — Josh Williamson (Birthright)

• I enjoyed Harrow County, especially Crook's evocative watercolors and Bunn's inventive "haints."

DC COMICS

BATG|RLS #6

BATMAN: THE KNIGHT COMPENDIUM

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #15

BATMAN VS. BIGBY: A WOLF IN GOTHAM TPB

BLOOD SYNDICATE SEASON ONE #1 (OF 6)

Story: Geoffrey Thorne | Art: ChrisCross, Juan Castro | Covers: Dexter Soy, ChrisCross, Nikolas Draper-Ivey, Rahzzah | $3.99

DC and Milestone are revealing new images for Blood Syndicate: Season One #1 by original Milestone artist ChrisCross and Juan Castro, plus new available variant covers! In addition to these stunning interior pages, In addition to the main cover by Dexter Soy and the “old school” variant by ChrisCross, two new covers are available: A “new school” variant by Static: Season One breakout artist Nikolas Draper-Ivey, plus an awesome 1:25 ratio variant spotlighting Holocaust, by Rahzzah.

On May 10, rising star writer Geoffrey Thorne (Green Lantern, Truth & Justice: Vixen, Future State: Green Lantern) joins one of Milestone’s original talents in blowing open the next chapter in the Dakotaverse!

Wise Son and Tech-9 have returned from their military tours in Afghanistan, reuniting with their comrade Fade and returning to a very different Dakota and Paris Island. As superheroes like Icon, Rocket and Static have become part of the crimefighting landscape, other “Bang Babies” have been forming rival gang factions.

And then there’s Holocaust; his influence is growing on Paris Island, and with his own super-powered army growing, who will look out for the people of Dakota’s most dangerous neighborhood while the capes aren’t watching?

And what secrets have Wise Son and Tech-9 brought back to Paris Island from their tour overseas? As the struggle for control of the neighborhood spirals into all-out war, who will control Paris Island, and at what cost?

• Looks like things have gotten complicated in Dakota City!

DC POSTER PORTFOLIO: FRANK QUITELY TPB

FUTURE STATE GOTHAM #13

I AM BATMAN #9

JURASSIC LEAGUE #1 (OF 6)

Story: Daniel Warren Johnson, Juan Gedeon | Art: Juan Gedeon | Covers: Daniel Warren Johnson, Juan Gedeon, Walt Simonson | 32 pages | $3.99 ($4.99 for card stock)

You know the story: an infant escapes the destruction of its home planet and is deposited on Earth to be raised by human parents. A goddess from a lost city defends truth. A Theropod dons the visage of a bat to strike fear into evildoers’ hearts. This heroic trinity, alongside a league of other super-powered  dinosaurs, join forces to save a prehistoric Earth from the sinister machinations of Darkseid. Wait ... what? Okay, maybe you don’t know the story. So join us and bear witness to a brand-new — yet older than time — adventure and experience the Justice League as you have never seen them before!

“Jurassic League is all I want to draw: dinos and epic fights,” said Writer & Artist Juan Gedeon. “My own version of a 90s cartoon or videogame. Expect a story about survival, unity and hope where the strong protect the weak in a world where danger lurks in every corner.”

THE JURASSIC LEAGUE is a six issue limited series written by Daniel Warren Johnson (WONDER WOMAN: DEAD EARTH) and Juan Gedeon (PENNYWORTH) launching on May 10, 2022. Gedeon is also handling the artwork, while Johnson will provide the main cover artwork for all six issues. Issue #1 will also have a 1:25 Megalustre “Dino Skin” variant cover by Walt Simonson (DETECTIVE COMICS) and an open variant by Gedeon that will be revealed at a later date.

“It's been an absolute pleasure to join Juan Gideon in creating a new world for DC, complete with dinos, cavemen, and extinction level events,” said Writer & Cover Artist Daniel Warren Johnson. “Batsuar suplexes a Joker dilophosaurus, you're welcome!”

“Words cannot express how excited I am for this book,” said DC Senior Editor Katie Kubert. “As a life-long dinosaur lover, and a dinosaur tour-guide and fossil preparer for two of the most prestigious natural history museums, this book speaks to my heart and science-soul. When Juan came to me with the idea, and Daniel Warren Johnson doubled down on it, I knew we had something truly special and I can’t wait for fans to fall in Mezosoic-love.”

• Remember when DC would turn everybody into talking apes?
  • Superman's a sea mammal? What's the porpoise of that?
  • There is no excuse for that joke.

JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL 1: PRISMS

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #3 (OF 6)

NAOMI SEASON TWO #3 (OF 6)

SANDMAN UNIVERSE NIGHTMARE COUNTRY #2

SUICIDE SQUAD: GET JOKER #3 (OF 3)

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #11

WONDER WOMAN #787

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

BETTIE PAGE ALIEN AGENDA #3

IMMORTAL RED SONJA #2

VAMPIRELLA BLOOD LUST #1 FACSIMILE EDITION

VAMPIRELLA STRIKES #1

Story: Tom Sniegoski | Art:  Jonathan Lau | Cover: Lucio Parrillo | $3.99

Having fulfilled her role of savior in Vengeance, Vampirella is now posed to Strike in an all-new series arising from the post-apocalyptic ashes of Dynamite's Vengeance of Vampirella series!

IDW PUBLISHING

GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #292

GI JOE RAH SATURDAY MORNING ADV #3 (OF 4)

KILL LOCK ARTISAN WRAITH #3 (OF 7)

MIKE MIGNOLA HELLBOY IN HELL & OTHER STORIES ARTISAN EDITION GN

SONICTHE HEDGEHOG: IMPOSTER SYNDROME #4 (OF 4)

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: ADVENTURES IN THE 32ND CENTURY #3 (OF 4)

TRANSFORMERS: LAST BOT STANDING #1

Story: Nick Roche | Art: E. J. Su | Covers: Nick Roche, E.J. Su | $5.99

When the last stars flicker and fade, who will be the only Cybertronian left? Beginning this May, IDW Publishing propels fans into the far-flung future with Transformers: Last Bot Standing, a four-issue miniseries spectacle of speculative fiction by fan-favorite Transformers comic alums Nick Roche and E.J. Su!

While the war for Cybertron may be long over, the war from Cybertron never ends! On the edge of the universe, at the end of time, hangs the planet Donnokt … a world on the precipice of an industrial revolution, taking its first steps into the realms of the mechanical. But when a visitor — a shape-shifting robot from a long-dead civilization — falls from the sky, nothing will ever be the same!

“The last remaining Cybertronian, stalked by the sins of their entire race, must save the world one final time,” says Roche, the series writer who will also contribute some of the interior artwork. “In a way, Last Bot Standing is a proper farewell, as our creative team bows out of IDW’s Transformers universe in the most explosive and apocalyptic way imaginable. To have E.J. Su, the visual architect of IDW’s definitive Transformers run, be the one to depict ‘The End of All Things’ (with colors from the astounding Rebecca Nalty) is the most perfect and bittersweet piece of artistic casting I could think of.”

“The Transformers franchise has come a long way since we laid our eyes on the first episode of the cartoon, and it’s amazing how many writers can put so many different spins on the core characters,” says artist Su. “Nick has masterfully crafted some of the most memorable Transformers comic stories, and this one will be no exception as the readers weave their way through the mystery and find out how our beloved characters came to this situation. We hope that they enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed making it.”

“Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin, Last Bot Standing is one of those great stories where defining creators come together to tell one incredible version of an ending, a hypothetical last story for our beloved heroes and villains,” says editor David Mariotte. “We’re so excited to have two of the first IDW Transformers creators return to tell a story unlike literally any Transformers story you’ve ever seen or we’ve ever done.”

IMAGE COMICS

CROSSOVER #13

EIGHT BILLION GENIES #1 (OF 8)

Story: Charles Soule | Art/Cover: Ryan Browne | Variants: Jenny Frison & Steve Seeley, Declan Shalvey | $3.99

The bestselling creative team behind Curse Words — Charles Soule (Undiscovered Country) and Ryan Browne (God Hates Astronauts) — reteam for an all-new fantasy comic titled Eight Billion Genies. This eight-issue miniseries is set to launch in May from Image Comics.

"Back in 2017, Ryan Browne and I launched our epic mega-series Curse Words through Image Comics," said Soule in an exclusive on the announcement with ScreenRant. "We didn't think we'd ever do anything wilder or bigger or with as many possibilities for the story to go absolutely anywhere. Now, almost exactly five years later ... we've gone and done it! Eight Billion Genies is both of us working at the top of our games, using everything we've learned about making comics to execute the craziest premise we could think of. Eight Billion Genies is a high-wire act for us as creators all the way through — literally on any page the whole thing could unravel. But it doesn't — it just gets better, with every single issue. This is a thoughtful book about all of us, our lives and desires, and this particular moment in history — but it's absolutely drowning in genies, too. And jokes! Lots of great jokes. It'll make you laugh, cry, think ... and wish. It'll definitely make you wish. Can't wait for everyone to see it."

This new story asks readers, If you had one wish … what would you wish for? Now, what if everyone else had one wish too? In Eight Billion Genies, at exactly the same moment, it’s exactly that which happens: everyone on earth gets a genie and one wish. Of course, all hell breaks loose, in a very entertaining way … and that’s just the beginning. Buckle in for the wildest ride of the year!

Browne added: "With Eight Billion Genies, Charles and I have created the ultimate hypothetical thought exercise. There are infinite ways for this scenario to play out, and I think we have focused on a direction that shows us a lot about humanity and how we balance our personal desires with that of the greater good. Also, when I realized that children get a wish … well … that gives me the license to draw any weird thing I want flying around in the background! THAT'S my wheelhouse — Charles can figure out the serious stuff!"

FARMHAND #17

IMAGE FIRSTS ARROWSMITH #1

• These "Image Firsts" are reprints of significant issues sold in bundles of 20. There's no price affixed, so your LCS can sell them for whatever price they like. If you don't see any, it's because your LCS didn't order any.

IMAGE FIRSTS ASTRO CITY #1

IMAGE FIRSTS DEATH OR GLORY #1

IMAGE FIRSTS DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH #1

IMAGE FIRSTS DESCENDER #1

IMAGE FIRSTS EAST OF WEST #1

IMAGE FIRSTS FIRE POWER #1

IMAGE FIRSTS HACK SLASH #1

IMAGE FIRSTS HOME SICK PILOTS #1

IMAGE FIRSTS I HATE FAIRYLAND #1

IMAGE FIRSTS KILL OR BE KILLED #1

IMAGE FIRSTS LITTLE BIRD #1

IMAGE FIRSTS MIDDLEWEST #1

IMAGE FIRSTS MONSTRESS #1

IMAGE FIRSTS NOCTERRA #1

IMAGE FIRSTS PAPER GIRLS #1

IMAGE FIRSTS RADIANT BLACK #1

IMAGE FIRSTS SCUMBAG #1

IMAGE FIRSTS SPAWN #1

IMAGE FIRSTS WALKING DEAD #1

IMAGE FIRSTS WICKED & DIVINE #1

KARMEN HC

KING OF SPIES TPB

LADY MECHANIKA: MONSTER OF MINISTRY #4 (OF 4)

LOADED BIBLE: BLOOD OF MY BLOOD #3 (OF 6)

MIRKA ANDOLFO'S SWEET PAPRIKA #9 (OF 12)

NOCTERRA #10

SPAWN #329

SPAWN: RECORD BREAKER TPB

SPAWN: SCORCHED #5

TIME BEFORE TIME #12

WALKING DEAD DELUXE #38

MARVEL COMICS

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: OPERATION GALACTIC STORM TPB NEW PTG

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SYMBOL OF TRUTH #1

Story: Tochi Onyebuchi | Art/Cover: R. B. Silva | Teen+ | $4.99

Sam Wilson picks up the shield once more — and enters a world of trouble! Following a lead from Misty Knight, Sam intercepts a mysterious group hijacking what appears to be an empty train. As he digs deeper, he discovers that the plot may be connected to a crucial piece of Captain America history ... and, surprisingly, Wakanda. The world is ready for two Captain Americas — but is Sam Wilson ready for what comes next? Acclaimed writer Tochi Onyebuchi (BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS, Riot Baby) teams with Stormbreaker R.B. Silva (POWERS OF X, INFERNO, FANTASTIC FOUR) to open a thrilling new chapter of CAPTAIN AMERICA history!

HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP TPB

HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR — ALPHA #1

Story: Donny Cates | Art: Martin Coccolo | Colors: Matt Wilson | Cover: Gary Frank | Cover: Martin Coccolo | Teen+ | $4.99

Marvel’s biggest hitters will duke it out for their 60th anniversaries in HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR! Donny Cates, the acclaimed writer behind both HULK and THOR, will team up with rising star artist Martin Coccolo in a story that will smash both character’s current sagas together in a glorious showdown! The five-part crossover will kick off in HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR ALPHA #1 before exploding in the pages of both Hulk and Thor’s hit solo titles throughout May and June.

Donny Cates is currently taking two of Marvel’s most iconic characters on transformative journeys in the pages of HULK and THOR. And next month, the acclaimed writer will smash both sagas together in an all-new epic: HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR! Hitting just in time for the two heroes’ 60th anniversaries, this five-part crossover will kick off in HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR ALPHA #1 before exploding in the pages of both Hulk and Thor’s hit solo titles throughout May and June. Tackling ongoing mysteries from both series and featuring artwork by rising star Martin Coccolo and covers by legendary artist Gary Frank, the story promises to deliver Thor and Hulk’s most glorious battle yet and the showdown will have a shocking impact on both characters’ futures.

In the aftermath of the opening arc of HULK which saw the debut of TITAN and the “God of Hammers” arc that ended with the death of Odin, both Bruce Banner and Thor Odinson have both undergone massive changes, but one thing remains constant — their heated rivalry! When mysterious circumstances bring them into conflict once more, will the God of Thunder be able to triumph against a Bruce Banner who can now control his rage? Get your first look at the fight that will go down in Marvel Comics history in the HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR trailer, featuring never-before-seen artwork!

“Well, I was a little surprised that Marvel approached me to write this, if I’m being honest. I’m mostly known for writing very small, very quiet, intimate comics, so I had to — ha!! Sorry. Couldn’t keep that up. Yeah, this is gonna be bonkers as hell, guys,” Cates said. “We’re going to break EVERYTHING! Happy birthday, Hulk and Thor! Hope you enjoy MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF VIOLENCE!”

“Where do I even start? I get to celebrate Hulk and Thor's 60th anniversaries, which is already amazing and a dream come true, but I get to do it with an insane script by the great Donny Cates AND the support of an incredible group of editors? That's just ridiculous!” Coccolo said. “I'm absolutely honored by this opportunity and I've been giving it my 100%. Hopefully readers will agree. I can only say to all the fans out there to strap yourselves 'cause this is going to be a wild ride!”

• Delayed from April
  • Journey into Mystery #112, only with a lot more pages!
  • Here's a trailer.

“Hulk vs. Thor: Banner of War” continues in Thor #25-26 and Hulk #7-8.

KING CONAN #4 (OF 6)

MARVEL-VERSE JANE FOSTER MIGHTY THOR GN TP

MMW AVENGERS HC VOL 22

MOON KNIGHT: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #1 (OF 4)

Story: Jonathan Hickman, Marc Guggenheim & Murewa Ayodele | Art: Chris Bachalo, Jorge Fornés & Dotun Akanda | Cover: Bill Sienkiewicz | Parental Advisory | $4.99

Last month, Marvel announced another hard-hitting series of tales told in a limited palette of black, white and red, this time starring MOON KNIGHT! MOON KNIGHT: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD will feature stories by today’s top creators including acclaimed writer Jonathan Hickman and iconic artist Chris Bachalo. Together, these two brilliant comic talents will take readers 6,000 years into the future to introduce an all-new hero who has taken over the Moon Knight mantle. This last living priest of Khonshu travels throughout distant galaxies to avenge his fallen god and master. Get your first look at the Moon Knight of the future in Chris Bachalo’s early character sketches!

• I've enjoyed the TV series sufficiently to increase my interest in this character.

MOON KNIGHT OMNIBUS VOL 2 HC

SHANG-CHI #12

Story: Gene Luen Yang | Art:  Marcus To | Cover: Leinil Francis Yu | Teen+ | $3.99

A new weapon that could rival the might of the Infinity Stones will emerge this May in SHANG-CHI #12! In this crucial issue, Shang-Chi’s greatest enemies have gathered under his vengeful grandfather and in order to protect his bloodline, Shang-Chi will have to confront his dark side and unleash the power he was destined to wield … THE TEN RINGS! The devastating consequences of this action will have a major impact on Shang-Chi’s role in the greater Marvel Universe and further complicate his already tense relationship with the Avengers.

The legend of Marvel’s greatest fighter has been redefined for a new age in acclaimed writer Gene Luen Yang and superstar artist Marcus To’s hit run on SHANG-CHI. Since the very beginning, Shang-Chi’s ongoing solo series has revealed long-hidden secrets about his origins, introduced readers to his warrior siblings, and saw him sacrifice his good standing with Marvel’s heroes in order to honor his newly found family. Now, Earth is under attack from Shang-Chi’s grandfather and the forces of Ta Lo! To save his world, Shang-Chi must succumb to his late father’s wishes and inherit the deadly Ten Rings. But will he be able to wield its power, or will its temptations be too much?

• I don't know why Marvel sent me this press release. Some sort of turning point, I guess.

SHE-HULK EPIC COLLECTION: BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL TPB

STAR WARS BY JASON AARON OMNIBUS HC

STAR WARS HALCYON LEGACY #3

WHAT IF MILES MORALES #3

X-MEN #11

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art/Cover: Pepe Larraz

The main team of Krakoan X-Men won’t be safe from the effects of Judgment Day either! Creative powerhouses Gerry Duggan and Pepe Larraz continue their hit run in X-Men #11. The women of the X-Men are heading for the hottest action in the galaxy … Gameworld! But if it’s true that the house always wins, our X-Ladies might be in over their heads …

• This might seem a little confusing, because X-Men #11 is supposed to follow Immortal X-Men #3, which has been delayed (Immortal X-Men #2 isn't even out yet).
  • Also scheduled for May, but will probably arrive in June, are Knights of X #2, Legion of X #2, Marauders #3, New Mutants #26, Wolverine #21, X-Force #28 and X-Men Red #3.

MORE FIRST ISSUES

ARCHIE MEETS RIVERDALE ONE-SHOT

Script: Daniel Kibblesmith | Art: Pat and Tim Kennedy, Bob Smith, Matt Herms, Jack Morelli | Covers: Derek Charm, Ben Caldwell | Archie | 32 pages | $3.99

Archie’s met a lot of people in his over-80 years of existence, including meeting himself a few times! But now Archie’s about to meet someone very unexpected: the Riverdale version of himself! That’s right, see what happens when Archie and all his pals ‘n’ gals in his good ol’ hometown of Riverdale come face-to-face with their slightly more serious television counterparts in this hilarious one-shot by Emmy-nominated writer Daniel Kibblesmith (Loki, Black Panther Vs. Deadpool, Netflix's Inside Job) and fan-favorite Archie artists Pat and Tim Kennedy (Jughead: The Hunger, Life with Archie)!

Archie Comics is bringing you the crossover you thought you'd never see this May with the collectible one-shot comic book ARCHIE MEETS RIVERDALE #1! Written by Emmy-nominated writer Daniel Kibblesmith with art by Archie mainstays Pat & Tim Kennedy, the special issue slips between the worlds of the comics versions of Archie and his Riverdale pals and their more dramatic counterparts.

"Some of the best fun we have here at Archie Comics is when we take two wildly different concepts and jam them together and watch the chaos unfold afterwards," said Archie Comics Editor-in-Chief/President Mike Pellerito. "The cult classic 'ARCHIE MEETS THE PUNISHER' crossover from the 90s is a great example of taking two things that couldn't be further apart in terms of tone and delivering a story that stands the test of time while holding true to both franchises. When the idea of doing a crossover between the classic versions of the Archie Comics characters with the gritty and dramatic Riverdale versions first came up, we knew we had to get someone with a great appreciation for both takes that could deliver everything we were looking for. We're so thrilled to have Daniel Kibblesmith on board, and together with Archie veterans Pat & Tim Kennedy, they've put together a story that is an absolute must-have for all Archie Comics and Riverdale fans!"

"When Mike Pellerito asked me if I wanted to write the inevitable cross-over between the comics and the show, One: I couldn't believe that it hadn't been done already. Two: I couldn't believe that I was going to get to be the person to write it," added Kibblesmith. "My dream is that this will be some longtime Archie readers' first comic in a long time, or some Riverdale fans' first comic, period."

The comic follows a long tradition of Archie Comics characters meeting those from other pop culture brands, including ARCHIE MEETS BATMAN '66, ARCHIE VS. PREDATOR, ARCHIE MEETS KISS, to name a few. And while this isn't the first time Archie has come face-to-face with an alternate version of himself, this special one-shot promises to pack in humor, references and surprises on every single page. How will Archie and his pals react when they come face-to-face with themselves? You'll find out in a story that could only be handled by a comedic writer of Kibblesmith's caliber, best known for his run on Marvel's Loki and Netflix's Inside Job.

"I love Archie Comics and I love Riverdale," he continued, "and I love that Archie Comics are so malleable that they can become something like Riverdale. I also love that something as seemingly quaint as classic Archie and as unapologetically bonkers as Riverdale can resonate with people so deeply that they can both become giant hits and/or enduring classics without ever sacrificing their core to 'hip' momentary trends."

• Somebody should warn the comics Riverdale gang to avoid the TV Riverdale gang. Those guys are trouble!

BÊLIT & VALERIA: SWORDS VS. SORCERY #1

Story:  Max Bemis | Art: Rodney Buchemi | Covers: Marco Turini, Olivier Vatine, Leirix & Rodney Buchemi | Ablaze | Mature | $3.99

ROBERT E. HOWARD’S HYBORIAN AGE UNLEASHED! See its true skull-cracking barbarian nature, its unrestrained blood-splattering violence, mayhem and sexuality!

Rising from a watery grave, Belit once again finds herself commanding a ship, sailing the seas in search of adventure …and answers. But when a deal goes wrong, she finds herself teamed up with the woman she was holding prisoner: the equally beautiful and deadly Valeria.

These two iconic characters will find themselves traveling across Hyperborea on a mission to find out how Belit lives once again that will lead them straight into danger … from the gods themselves! Bonus material includes the original Robert E. Howard essay, “The Hyborian Age.” 

Writer Max Bemis says, "I've always been a fan of the ‘riskier’ side of fantasy; from Dark Souls and The Witcher to Gaiman or the Princess Bride, I love fantasy that f*cks with you. Some of the first risky fantasy I truly devoured were comic book adaptations of Howard's work, and I've never seen his ideas look as beautiful then they do at Ablaze. They're taking steps further by allowing some voices from the great writer's universe to speak for themselves; specifically, two that are decidedly not that of the decidedly pectoral Cimmerian school of choppery, Howard's two most bad-ass heroines. Think of this as Lethal Weapon a la Game of Thrones and you have a hint of the weirdness we're cooking up. I'm honored to be given the reigns for these girls' first journey, and promise it will f*ck with you from page one."

Robert E. Howard first introduced the fearless pirates Belit and Valeria in the 1930s in the pulpy pages of Weird Tales magazine. This new series is written by the renowned Max Bemis (Polarity; Oh Killstrike; Moon Knight) with stunning artwork by Rodney Buchemi (Hulk, X-Men, KISS, Marvel Adventures) BELIT & VALERIA will be available in-print and digitally.

• Why do I have a lurking suspicion that these two gals will eventually hook up? That was probably the pitch!

BLACK BETH AND THE DEVILS OF AL-KADESH ONE-SHOT

Story: Alec Worley | Art:  Dani | Rebellion / 2000 AD | $6.99

The sword-swinging Black Beth is back by popular demand! Written by Alec Worley (Durham Red) and drawn by DaNi (Coffin Bound), Beth is a warrior-woman born in anger and forged in rage. She and her blind aide Quido have traveled to the wicked city of Shadrivar, in search of the evil witch Anis-Amuun. Many think that she is long dead, but a mage called Estevan believes otherwise. He charges Beth with a quest to destroy the witch, initiating a sea-spanning quest which pits Beth's curved blade against all manner of mystical creatures — and possibly Anis-Amuun herself!

• Shadizar the Wicked should sue "the wicked city of Shadrivar" for copyright infringement. Ah, well. At least we can see how the Brits would have handled Red Sonja!

BLIND ALLEY #1 (OF 5)

Story/Art/Cover: IRRA | Behemoth | Mature | $3.99

Jesus returns to the neighborhood where he grew up, La Esquina del Gato, a Sevillian suburban neighborhood where violence and the constant struggle against life's adversities meet. His goal is to resume his relationship with Irene, his former girlfriend, and start a project together. With the help of Fae, his childhood friend, he tries to escape crime and marginalization, carving a niche for himself in the world of work and in society. But Vargas, the exalted brother of Fae, fans the flame of something that has been cooking for a long time ...

"El Irra has marked a work that is pure fire, a comic that is pure neighborhood poetry, pure fury and honesty. He had only experienced something like this by reading the best Miller." — David Rubin

BUNNY MASK: HOLLOW INSIDE #1

Story: Paul Tobin | Art/Cover: Andrea Mutti | Aftershock | $4.99

Her name is Bunny Mask ... and she's back to ask the question ... is there sickness? The HIT horror series returns!

Her footfalls don't exist. She leaves no marks. Her eyes are a white abyss. Her name is Bunny Mask, and she's free from her cave and moving through the city, searching for sickness and enacting her own unfathomable sense of justice. Can Tyler Severin control her? Does he want to? The answers are still hidden, but what's clear is that Bunny Mask is back to grab you by your eyeteeth, and never let go.

Writer Paul Tobin (MY DATE WITH MONSTERS, Colder) and artist Andrea Mutti (MANIAC OF NEW YORK, Hellblazer) have unleashed an eons-old legend upon an unsuspecting world — one that'll make your most horrific nightmare feel like a walk in the park!

Each issue of BUNNY MASK features 24 pages of story and art with a cardstock cover!

• I got a Bunny Mask book at FCBD, so I'll finally know what this series is about!

DEVIL ECSTACY VOL 1 GN

Story/Art: Shuzo Oshimi | Vertical Comics | Mature |$24.95

An erotic horror comedy from master storyteller Shuzo Oshimi, the creator of The Flowers of Evil. Pornographic and over the top, Devil Ecstasy nevertheless presages Oshimi's later masterworks while presenting an entirely new spin on his pitch-black worldview. Noboru Kusakabe is an 18-year-old virgin who has a mortal fear of big breasts thanks to a childhood trauma. When his friend Takahashi convinces him to go to a mysterious brothel called "Devil Ecstasy," he meets a beautiful girl with tiny breasts named Meruru and falls in love — but all is not as it seems. Devil Ecstasy is a front for an army of succubi who want to take over the world, and Noboru somehow has to stop them!

• "Kusakabe is an 18-year-old virgin who has a mortal fear of big breasts thanks to a childhood trauma." OK, that's a story I need to hear.

DEVIL’S HIGHWAY VOL 2 #1 (OF 5)

Story: Ben Percy | Art/Cover: Brent Schoonover | AWA | Mature | $3.99

A truck stacked with bodies is discovered along the US/Canada border, and Sharon Harrow and Quentin Skinner are on the case. Their mission: figure out how all of these corpses are connected. And when they uncover the terrifying truth, they will unearth a murder syndicate that has infiltrated the walls of the very institutions meant to protect us. Now our heroes are on the run-hunted by law enforcement and the trucking community-framed for crimes they didn't commit.

FRANK FRAZETTA’S DEATH DEALER #1

Story: Mitch Iverson | Art: Stefano Martino | Cover: Simone Bianchi |Opus Comics | Mature | $4.99

Frank Frazetta's legendary creation Death Dealer returns to life in collaboration with Frazetta Girls! Critically acclaimed animation writer Mitch Iverson (Dota: Dragon's Blood, Voltron: Legendary Defender) joins world renowned artists Stefano Martino (Stranger Things) and Luis Antonio Delgado (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin) to bring you the first salvo in a major launch of new, related titles featuring characters envisioned by the Master himself! Bear witness to the beginning of an entire multiverse of Frazetta's most famous creations!

GFT PRESENTS: 2022 MAY 4TH COSPLAY PIN-UP SPECIAL

Story: Dave Franchini | Cover: Alfredo Reyes | Zenescope | $5.99

Get ready to check out all of your favorite Grimm Universe heroines and villainesses cosplaying as some of the most famous Sci-Fi characters in the galaxy! Many of the industry's top artists contribute gorgeous pin-ups of the Grimm Universe's most popular characters in this stunning collection.

Also includes a never-before-published Grimm Fairy Tales short story!

• That is not what Princess Leia looks like.

IT’S JUST NOT MY NIGHT: TALE OF A FALLEN VAMPIRE QUEEN VOL 1

Story & Art: MUCHIMARO | Translation: Alan Cheng & Rowena Chen |  Adaptation: David Lumsdon | Lettering: Mo Harrison | Ghost Ship | Older Teen (17+) | 200 pages | $13.99

In this sexy comedy, a feisty vampire queen is stuck in our world and brought low by the most terrifying prospect of all: a part-time job!

Powerful vampiress Manamir is on the verge of world conquest, but when a teleportation spell goes awry, she finds herself stranded on Earth. Not only has she been flung into a world that’s not her own, she has lost the very power that defines a vampire: the ability to drink human blood! Manamir has to make ends meet somehow, and she’s about to discover that it’s a hard world out there for a single working woman in this raunchy supernatural comedy!

PARADISE TOWERS: PARADISE FOUND #1 (OF 4)

Story: Sean Mason | Art/Cover: Silvano Beltramo | Cutaway Comics | $4.99

Build High for Happiness! An ice hot science fiction adventure and sequel to the Season 24 Doctor Who adventure "Paradise Towers." Years have passed since Kroagnon, the great architect, tried to wipe out the inhabitants of Paradise Towers. Paradise Promises Possibility! Now they prosper under the leadership of General Favalan and her soldiers. The residents want for nothing. They fear nothing. After all, in paradise, what is there to fear?

ROBYN HOOD: HEARTS OF DARKNESS ONE-SHOT

Story: Joe Brusha | Cover: Al Barrionuevo | Zenescope | $5.99

30 pages of story! Guest Starring Mystere!

Reichhardt Fuchs has dedicated his life to hunting monsters. The Master of the Hunt will kill any creature who wields dark powers, even if they are used for good. Fuchs' previous brushes with evil have put the Children of Darkness, starting with Robyn and Mystere, at the top of his hit list. Now his hunt for them has begun, and it will not stop until blood has been spilled.

MORE OGNs

COLLECTED TOPPI VOL 7: SHARAZE DE HC

Story/Art/Cover: Sergio Toppi | Magnetic Press | Mature | $29.99

A set of tales inspired by the Arabian Nights by European comics master Sergio Toppi, exploring a barbaric society where the supernatural is the only remedy to injustice, as Sharaz-de, captive to a cruel and despotic king, must each night spin tales to entertain her master and save her head from the executioner. Featuring tales filled with evil spirits, treasures, risk, and danger, but ever at their center the passions of gods and men.

• I love the Arabian Knights. I might get this, but I want to see interior art first.

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDYS VOL 3: THE FOURTH CLOSET GN

Story: Scott Cawthon, Kira Breed-Wrisley, Christopher Hastings | Art: Diana Camero | AFK | $24.99

From the creator of the horror video game sensation Five Nights at Freddy's comes this pulse-pounding graphic novel adaptation of the bestselling trilogy's thrilling conclusion!

What really happened to Charlie? It's the question that John can't seem to shake, along with the nightmares of Charlie's seeming death and miraculous reappearance. John just wants to forget the whole terrifying saga of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, but the past isn't so easily buried. Meanwhile, there's a new animatronic pizzeria opening in Hurricane, along with a new rash of kidnappings that feel all too familiar. Bound together by their childhood loss, John reluctantly teams up with Jessica, Marla, and Carlton to solve the case and find the missing children. Along the way, they'll unravel the twisted mystery of what really happened to Charlie, and the haunting legacy of her father's creations.

FORTUNINO MATANIA PORTFOLIO TPB

Story: Peter Richardson | Art: Fortunino Matania | Book Palace | $37.50

The art of Fortunino Matania might have slipped from public view, but to connoisseurs of great illustration he remains in a league of his own. Now, for the time ever, some of his most powerful and awe-inspiring depictions of characters from days of yore are collected. The book includes an introduction to Matania's art and career, including photographs of the artist in his studio and the techniques he employed to create these sensational art images scanned directly from the originals.

• That is some good-looking art. The shading and rendering are exquisite.

IN BETWEEN VOL 1 GN

Story: Shane Roeschlein | Art: Dean Kotz | Insight Comics | $16.99

On Sept. 11, 2001 a mysterious spacecraft of unknown origin dubbed "WTF432" appeared in Earth's orbit and fired a beam of energy, striking the planet's surface. In the aftermath, dimensional fractures or "rips" in space-time appeared throughout the world. These rips expel torrents of reality-distorting energy and are used by malevolent entities to travel between dimensions. The Terror Management Agency (TMA) was formed to track, investigate, and contain rip related phenomenon. Now, the long dormant WTF432 is active again, transmitting a signal to a remote town in California's Mojave Desert. The TMA sends bright and earnest Charley Gann and her razor-witted partner, Saoirse "Free" Somerfield, to investigate.

MISS BUTTERWORTH AND THE MAD BARON GN

Story: Julia Quinn | Art: Violet Charles | Avon Books | $19.99

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn comes this irresistible treat, a charming and jaunty graphic novel, based on story snippets peppered throughout her Bridgerton books. Born into a happy family tragically ravaged by smallpox, Miss Priscilla Butterworth uses her wits to survive a series of outlandish trials. Cruelly separated from her beloved mother and grandmother, the young girl is sent to live with a callous aunt who forces her to work for her keep. Eventually, the clever and tenderhearted Miss Butterworth makes her escape ... a daring journey into the unknown that unexpectedly leads her to the "mad" baron and a lifetime of love!

• Evidently the Regency era was just non-stop sex between rich Black/white couples. Who knew?

MIZUNO & CHAYAMA GN

Story/Art: Yuhta Nishio | Yen Press | Mature | $24.00

In a small town where water and tea are the residents' livelihood, tensions are rising between a major tea company and the opposition party, those who insist the company is polluting the water. Mizuno, whose father is the leader of the opposition party, and Chayama, the only daughter of the tea company's owners, aren't allowed to even talk to each other, but even so, they continue to meet in secret...

MONSTER FUN HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR

Story/Art: Various | Rebellion \ 2000 AD | $6.75

Monster Fun will be delivering howls of laughter this Halloween! Britain's kookiest, legendary anthology returns from the great beyond with 48 pages of brand new, HELL-arious comic strips! Frankie Stein, Kid Kong, Draculass, Sweeny Toddler, Gums, Teddy Scare and the Hire A Horror crew have returned with a diabolical host of new frights — including one of Britain's best loved superheroes, The Leopard from Lime Street — to usher in the witching season with SPOOKTACULAR fashion!

• At first glance I thought this was a book for kids. But no, it's those wacky Brits up to shenanigans again.

RAVE HC

Story: Jessica Campbell | Drawn & Quarterly | Mature | $22.95

A queer coming-of-age story, complete with secret cigarettes, gross gym teachers, and a lot of church.

It’s the early 2000s. Lauren is fifteen, soft-spoken, and ashamed of her body. She’s a devout member of an evangelical church, but when her Bible-thumping parents forbid Lauren to bring evolution textbooks home, she opts to study at her schoolmate Mariah’s house. Mariah has dial-up internet, an absentee mom, and a Wiccan altar—the perfect setting for a study session and sleepover to remember. That evening, Mariah gives Lauren a makeover and the two melt into each other, in what becomes Lauren’s first queer encounter. Afterward, a potent blend of Christian guilt and internalized homophobia causes Lauren to question the experience.

Author Jessica Campbell (XTC69) uses frankness and dark humor to articulate Lauren's burgeoning crisis of faith and sexuality. She captures teenage antics and banter with astute comedic style, simultaneously skewering bullies, a culture of slut-shaming, and the devastating impact of religious zealotry. Rave is an instant classic, a coming-of-age story about the secret spaces young women create and the wider social structures that fail them.

SHELTERBELTS GN

Story/Art/Cover: Jonathan Dyck | Conundrum Press | $20.00

Through a series of vignettes, Shelterbelts explores the perspectives, experiences and limitations of a wide range of characters who find themselves increasingly at odds with their surroundings. When a non-denominational megachurch opens on the edges of a rural Mennonite community, a quiet-but longstanding-battle begins to reveal itself. For years, the traditionalists in the community have held fast to the values and beliefs they grew up with, while other community members have begun raising important questions about LGBTQ+ inclusion, Indigenous land rights, and the Mennonite legacy of pacifism. Artist Jonathan Dyck depicts a close-knit community in the midst of defining its future as it reckons with its past.

TRAIN 8 ZOMBIE EXPRESS TPB

Story: David Stephan, Marysol Levant, Brian Phillipson | Art: Philip Phillipson, Alex Cormack | Cover: Lureline Weatherly | Art/Cover: David Stephan | Bliss on Tap | $17.99

Two college girls, traveling the famous Train 8 from Seattle to Chicago, find themselves at the center of an experimental GMO virus outbreak that causes passengers to turn into blood thirsty primordials. The surviving girls and a handful of passengers are faced with the moral dilemma of stopping the train to save themselves — and let the deadly virus infect the world — or keep the train running, buying more time until help comes but only if they can survive the killing hordes of the Infected.

• Sounds like an American version of Train to Busan.

THE THIRD PERSON

Story/Art/Cover: Emma Grove | Drawn & Quarterly | Mature | $39.95

The Third Person is a riveting memoir from newcomer Emma Grove. Drawn in thick, emotive lines, with the refined style of a comics vet, Grove has created a singular, gripping depiction of the intersection of identities and trauma as she and her therapist, Toby, grapple with her possible Dissociative Identity Disorder as she seeks approval for gender affirming care. The Third Person is a testament to the importance of having the space to heal and live authentically.

• The shallow implication here is that dating a girl with DID is like dating two girls. Being shallow, I picked up on that right away.

THISTLEBONE BOOK 2 POISONED ROOTS HC

Story: Tom Eglington | Art/Cover:  Simon Davis | Rebellion / 2000 AD | Mature | $19.99

Britain, 2020. It's been over a year since journalist Seema Chaudry accompanied cult survivor Avril Easton back to the village of Harrowvale, the site of her terrifying experiences at the hands of Jasper Hillman's Thistlebone worshippers, a crazed occult group that believed in an ancient woodland deity. Intended as a cathartic experience, both women were changed forever by what they were confronted with. In the process of researching for a book on the Thistlebone legend, Seema believes much of it centers around one man — Malcolm Kinniburgh.

UNWANTED UNDEAD ADVENTURER VOL 5 GN

Story: Yu Okano | Art: Haiji Nakasone | J-Novel Club | $14.99

Undead adventurer Rentt Faina manages to survive the poisonous Tarasque Swamp and retrieve the Dragon Blood Blossom for the orphan Alize. Just as he's about to return, a mysterious stranger approaches him. The man offers him a job on behalf of his mistress, the Latuule matriarch. Rentt accepts the request, and at the behest of Sheila and the adventurer's guild, he agrees to meet with the elusive head of the Latuule family. However, there's more to this family than meets the eye. Will meeting one of the oldest and most influential families in Maalt go according to plan, or will Rentt get more than he bargained for?

URBAN TAILS GN

Story/Art: Ilana Zeffren | Soaring Penguin | $26.99

Urban Tails tells the story of daily life in Tel Aviv, Israel, through the eyes of a lesbian family dominated by cats. Mom 1, the writer and illustrator, is busy with her art; Mom 2, her girlfriend, is obsessed with her psychologist and therapy; and Rafi and Spaghetti, their two talking cats, are busy with cat stuff, but also with political and social issues. Rafi, being black and the only male in the household, becomes a social activist who fights for justice, and Spaghetti promotes Feminism, long before "Me too." Translated from the original Hebrew comics first published in Petting Corner for Haaretz.

• More cats. Cat-slash-comics people must be having a good time these days.

WALT DISNEY FILM ARCHIVES ANIMATED MOVIES 1921-1968 HC

Taschen | $80.00

In TASCHEN's first volume of one of the most expansive illustrated publications on Disney animation, some 1,500 images and essays by eminent Disney experts take us to the beating heart of the studio's "Golden Age of Animation." This landmark book traces Disney's complete animation journey from the silent film era, through his first full-length feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) and the pioneering artistic experiment Fantasia (1940), right up to his last masterpieces Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966) and The Jungle Book (1967). With extensive research conducted through the historical collections of the Walt Disney Company, as well as private collections, editor Daniel Kothenschulte curates some of the most precious concept paintings and storyboards to reveal just how these animation masterpieces came to life. Throughout, contributions from leading Disney specialists detail the evolution of each film.

WORK LIKE ANY OTHER HC

Story: Alex Inker, Virginia Reeves | Art: Alex Inker | $26.00

1920s Alabama and Roscoe T. Martin is fascinated by this new force spreading across the county — electricity. But with the banks getting ever tighter his wife, Marie, needs him to help run her family's farm. But he is no farmer and, year after year, the earth betrays them. Then he hits upon an idea to save himself, the farm, and his marriage! He sets about a project to siphon electricity from Alabama Power via the overhead cables which run along the perimeter of the farm. It's a scam that works perfectly well until a young man working for the company is electrocuted and killed on Roscoe's illegal lines and Roscoe is arrested.

MORE COLLECTIONS

BIGFOOT FRANKENSTEIN VOL 1: COLOSSUS OF DESTINY TPB

CAMPISI: THE DRAGON INCIDENT

DEATH NOTE SHORT STORIES GN

Story/Art: Tsugumi Ohba | VIZ | Older Teens | $14.99

Kira's story is over, but the Death Note's is not. ... In this imaginative and complete collection of Death Note short stories penned by the series' creators, discover tales of lives irrevocably changed by the sinister influence of the Death Note, with surprising and thrilling answers to the question of what it truly takes to use the Death Note ... or fight it.

DUNE TALES FROM ARRAKEEN HC

FLEETWAY PICTURE LIBRARY CLASSIC PRESENTS FLEETWAY FIRSTS TPB

Story: Garbutt, Holding, Allen | Art: Nevio Zeccara, Solano Lopez, Renzon Calegari, Harry Farrugia | Book Palace | $36.99

In 1958 a new comic pocket library hit the newsstands published by Fleetway. Following the success of Cowboy, Thriller and Detective comics, Fleetway launched the first in a hugely successful series of war comics. The first was War Picture Library (September 1958), followed by Air Ace Picture Library (January 1960), Battle Picture Library (January 1961), and War At Sea Picture Library (February 1962). This collection reprints for the first time ever the very rare first issues of all 4 libraries.

FLEETWAY PICTURE LIBRARY CLASSICS PRESENTS RICK RANDOM TPB

HARBINGER BOOK 1 TPB

KEN REID’S FOOTBALL FUNNIES FIRST HALF HC

LAWLESS: ASHES TO ASHES TPB

PEANUTS:  IT’S A DOGS LIFE CHARLIE BROWN 1960-1962 TPB

SHADOWMAN BY DELANO & ADLARD TPB

STAINLESS STEEL RAT DELUXE TPB

MORE MANGA

ANCIENT MAGUS BRIDE ALCHEMISTS BLUE VOL 4 GN

BATTLE ANGEL ALITA VOL 6 GN

CHANGE THE WORLD VOL 2 GN

CIGUATERA VOL 2 GN

DRAGON QUEST ADVENTURES OF DAI VOL 2 GN

FINDER VOL 11 DELUXE EDITION GN

FLY ME TO THE MOON VOL 11 GN

HIS FAVORITE VOL 12 GN

LET’S PLAY VOL 1 GN

MAGICAL GIRL SPECIAL OPS ASUKA VOL 14 GN

MAO VOL 5 GN

MUSHOKU TENSEI ROXY GETS SERIOUS VOL 7 GN

MY BOY VOL 9 GN

MY DRESS UP DARLING VOL 5 GN

PERSONA 5 MEMENTOS MISSION VOL 3 TPB

POKEMON ADV X Y VOL 2 GN

REQUIEM OF THE ROSE KING VOL 15 GN

SAGA OF TANYA EVIL VOL 16 GN

SAILOR MOON NAOKO TAKEUCHI COLLECTION VOL 1

SEVEN DEADLY SINS OMNIBUS VOL 4 GN

SOLO LEVELING VOL 4 GN

STAR WARS: LEIA — PRINCESS OF ALDERAAN VOL 2 GN

SUPER HXEROS VOL 7 GN

WARCRAFT SHADOW WING VOL 1: DRAGONS OF OUTLAND GN

WINTER EMBER VOL 1 TPB

WONDERCAT KYUU-CHAN GN VOL 5 GN

IS IT WRONG TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON II VOL 2 GN

YOUNG READERS

NUFT & LAST DRAGONS VOL 2: BALLOON NORTH POLE GN

OATES & ELPHYNE HC

SCIENCE COMICS: BIRDS OF PREY GN

SORCELINE VOL 1 GN

SPECTREMAN HEROES #1 (OF 5)

MORE STUFF

ARCHIE SHOWCASE DIGEST #8 NEW KIDS OFF THE WALL

CARRIERS #5

THE CIMMERIAN: HOUR OF THE DRAGON #3

DARK BEACH #2

DC BOOK OF LISTS HC

Story: Randall Lotowycz | Running Press | $24.00

Each entry in this book celebrates another corner of DC's past, present, and future. It revels in the rich tapestry of DC's characters and history. Or histories, for that matter. Each first meeting of Batman and Superman is listed, as are highlights of Hawkman's many reincarnations and Jimmy Olsen's transformations. Harley Quinn's most peculiar career choices? They make quite a resume. Legacy characters like the Flash and Green Lantern are highlighted, profiling each character to don the mantle, and Suicide Squad members are memorialized in a breakdown of who was killed on each mission. From superheroes and villains with tattoos to the many cats prowling around the DC multiverse, you'll find a surprise or two on every page.

• Name which artist drew which head on that cover. Hours of fun!

DEVI'LS HIGHWAY VOL 2 #1 (OF 5)

FEMFORCE #196

GILT #2 (OF 5)

GOLD DIGGER #288

HEAVY METAL DRUMMER #4 (OF 6)

HUMAN REMAINS #8

INFINITE HORRORS MAGAZINE #1

Infinite Worlds | Mature | $13.00

Infinite Horrors is a brand new, full-color, ad-free horror magazine from the

creators of Infinite Worlds

• Looks like a mix of prose and comics. Hard to tell. But probably worth flipping through to see what quality they offer.

JONESES #2 (OF 5)

MINIONS MINI BOSS #2 (OF 2)

NO HOLDS BARD #6 (OF 6)

NOTTINGHAM #7 (OF 5)

OCEAN WILL TAKE US #2

OMEGA #2 (OF 4)

OMEGA #3 (OF 4)

PAST LAST MOUNTAIN #2 (OF 4)

PLANET COMICS #5

PRE-CODE CLASSICS: THE BEYOND VOL 5

Art: Jim McLauchlin, Louis Zansky, Sy Grudko, Ken Rice, Lou Cameron, Dick Beck, Lin Streeter | PS Artbooks | Softee $26.99

For the first time ever in our popular Softee format, join us on this journey as we venture back into the horror and suspense that lives in the world of The Beyond! With a stellar cast of creative sketchers and scribblers from the golden years of the early '50s, and all reproduced completely from cover to cover, just like the original comic. Collects The Beyond #21-25 (July 1953 to March 1954).

• HC and Slipcase versions have already been released, I think.

PS ARTBOOKS CLASSIC: SCI-FI COMICS VOL 3

Art: Gene Fawcette, Dick Rockwell, Bob Powell, George Evans, Dick Giordano, Kurt Schaffenberger, Rocco Mastroserio | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99, Slipcase $56.99

I ask you, where in the solar system would you find a collection of absolute vintage comic gems like these, including Destination Moon (1951), Vic Torry and his Flying Saucer (1950), When Worlds Collide (1952), The Man from Planet X (1952), and The Green Planet  (1962), all reproduced completely from cover to cover — just like the original comics and absolutely crammed with the cream of 1950s comic book talent.

• Softee released last week.

RED ROOM TRIGGER WARNINGS #3

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: GHOSTLY TALES VOL 2

Art: Dick Giordano, Charles Nicholas, Steve Ditko, Rocco Mastroserio, Ernie Bache, Pat Boyette, Bill Ely, Rudy Palais | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99, Slipcase $56.99, Softee $26.99

Mr. L. Dedd (later changed to I. M. Dedd) continues to spin his "ghostly tales" from the parlour of his "haunted house" with PS Artbooks' Ghostly Tales Volume 2! Over the course of its 18-year run, Tales was edited by Pat Masulli, Sal Gentile and George Wildman. And regularly featured a stellar lineup of house artists and creatives. Collects Ghostly Tales #60-64 (March-December 1967).

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: MYSTERIES OF UNEXPLORED WORLDS VOL 2

Art: Dick Giordano, Bill Molno, Steve Ditko, Rocco Mastroserio, Gene Colan, Bill Fraccio | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99

PS Artbooks presents the Silver Age Classic: Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds Volume 2.With a superb concoction of fantastic fantasy-supernatural and horror tales and mind blowing science fiction stories from a roster of writers and artists. All here, reproduced completely from cover to cover as they should be, just like the original comic! Collects Mysteries of Unexplored Worlds #6-9 (December 1957 to August 1958).

• Softee released last week.

SILVER AGE CLASSICS: SPACE MAN VOL 2

Art: Jack Sparling, Tom Cooke, Norman Light, Ron Embleton | PS Artbooks | HC $46.99, Slipcase $56.99, Softee $26.99

Space Man was rocket ace Ian Stannard who was accompanied by his 14-year-old sidekick, Space Academy student Johnny Mack. They blasted off from Cape Canaveral in their space ship, the Flyin' Jenny II. There mission was to find and destroy what had prevented Moon exploration for the last decade. After succeeding, they continue to explore the depths of space, along with Ian's girlfriend, the famous pilot Mary Lansing. Collects Space Man #5-7 (June/August 1963 to December/February 1964) and Drift Marlo #2 (October/December 1962).

SOUTHSIDE #3

STRGRL #2

WAR GUARD #2

WEST OF SUNDOWN #2

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HOMAGE ALERT!

10137345879?profile=RESIZE_710x08158866152.1.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Fantastic! I didn't even notice that! Well done, br'er Jeff!

• IS IT WRONG TO PICK UP GIRLS IN A DUNGEON II VOL 2 GN

This title jumped out at me.

• PS ARTBOOKS ROUNDUP:

Classic Science Fiction v3 - This is one I questioned a couple of weeks ago when v4 shipped.

Unexplored Worlds v2 - This is one I questioned a couple of weeks ago when v3 shipped.

Ghostly Tales v2 - I do not have v1.

Space Man v2 - I do not have v1.

[I'm looking only at the hardcovers, not the "softees".]

• According to Diamond, the first volumes of Ghostly Tales and Space Man were supposed to ship April 20. I guess not?

• Well, I don't have them. 

I'd send a message to PS Artbooks for confirmation but, oh yeah! They don't respond to customers' requests for information. 

• Holy Moley did I get hit with PS Artbooks today! Usually, I don't have to worry about PS Artbooks but once every six months or so, but here lately they've been shipping every other week!

"According to Diamond, the first volumes of Ghostly Tales and Space Man were supposed to ship April 20. I guess not?"

Actually, I suspect they did ship (from China) and have been sitting in a cargo container on a dock somewhere ever since, because I received volumes one and two of both those series today. I suppose the "supply line crisis" has begun to loosen up, which I'll bet accounts for the glut of PS Artbooks recently. Here's what shipped to my store today (HC only):

Ghostly Tales Vols. 1 and 2

Space Man Vols.1 and 2

Classic Adventure Comics Vols. 2 and 3

Unexplored Worlds Vol. 2

"Waitaminute" (I hear you say.) "What about Classic Science Fiction v3 (mentioned above)?"

That'll ship next week. (I checked.) 

After that, all I'll be missing is Unusual Tales Vol. 1 (I have 2 and 3).

This reply was deleted.