Thoughts On These Comic Books?

One of the most noteworthy threads here at the Comics Round Table is the What Comic Books Have You Read Today? thread.  It was started over 10 years ago and as of today has over 5400 posts!  Safe to say a popular and active thread.  Created by Wandering Sensei, it was started with a simple yet obviously very effective premise:

Report what comic books you have read today--and tell us a little something about it while you're here!

I would like to start what I consider to be a companion thread, allowing people to ask about comics they are curious about.  Just like Sensei's thread, it can be about any comic book from any era.  Ask about a single issue, a storyline, a run by a particular creator, or an entire series.  Go wild folks!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll start.  Has anyone read either of these current series:

Invisible Woman miniseries, written by Mark Waid, with art by Mattia De Iulis - first issue came out in July
    - Loki ongoing series, written by Late Show and Black Panther vs Daredevil writer Daniel Kibblesmith, with art by Oscar Bazaldua - first issue came out in July

• 3555995588?profile=RESIZE_710x

• 3555996659?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I'm curious about those books, too!

• Fun fact: I added that thread over ten years ago, yes, but I was carrying it over from the same thread from the old board, which was also really long, and probably started before my time there.

We’re getting old!
  • Waid had a really good take on the FF a few years back.  I'm going to pick up issue #1 this weekend if I can find one.

I'm on the fence about Loki.  Feels like treading familiar ground.  Don't know anything about Kibblesmith beyond the promo stating he's a writer for the Late Show.  I get the feeling he's "one of us" and this is not a celebrity stunt.

The artists are unknown to me.

• I did not know that! That is awesome.

You started the thread at this version of the Comics Cave the day before I turned 40, and now I'm 50!  So yes, we are old!

Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:

Fun fact: I added that thread over ten years ago, yes, but I was carrying it over from the same thread from the old board, which was also really long, and probably started before my time there.

We’re getting old!
  • I'll one up you, John. I announced Action Lad's birth on the old Board almost 15 years ago, and now he's taller than me. I'm not only getting older, I'm apparently getting shorter, too!
  • The Invisible Woman series is decent, but didn't completely grab me; I read the first one, and decided to wait for Marvel Unlimited for the rest. For some reason, the painted art kept me at arm's length. (It reminds me a bit of Phil Noto's work, but it doesn't pull me in.) The plot was solid, but it just didn't take flight for me. 

• Doctor Hmmm? said:

I'll one up you, John. I announced Action Lad's birth on the old Board almost 15 years ago, and now he's taller than me. I'm not only getting older, I'm apparently getting shorter, too!

I've lost an inch! Seriously!

This reply was deleted.