The theme this month is first volumes of ongoing collections.

(That’s my theme; you can post about anything you like.)

DARK HORSE/EC: Weird Fantasy is the latest in the EC archive series.

IDW/POPEYE: We’ve had collections of E.C. Segar’s comic strips and Bud Sagendorf’s comic books; February will see the release of the first (of two) volumes of Bobby London’s comic strips.

GASOLINE ALLEY: We’ve had five collections of “Walt & Skeezix,” but the new collection is “Walt Before Skeezix,” collecting strips from 1919 and 1920. (I’m counting it as a “first” volume.)

FANTAGRAPHICS/EC: “Zero Hour” features the EC Comics work of Jack Kamen. (Volumes in this series aren’t really numbered; each one features a different artist. I rule to allow it in this month’s list.)

WALLY WOOD: If you like “boooooobs,” you won’t want to miss Wally Wood’s Cannon.

PS ARTBOOKS: Strange Worlds is the latest series to be collected.

SIMON & KIRBY: The latest volume (again, I will allow it because the volumes aren’t numbered) is “Horror.”

The biggest, best and most exciting (not to mention most expensive) item this month is:

ARTIST EDITION: JACK KIRBY’S NEW GODS: First of all, I never expected a Jack Kirby “Artist’s Edition” because so much of his original artwork has been lost, stolen, scattered to the four winds or otherwise in the hands of collectors. I guess the folks at IDW have been tracking the pages for this one down for quite some time. Kudos to IDW, too, for now listing the specific contents of their AEs.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

1. Is it bad that I knew that Image published the old Tomb Raider series?
    2. I am sad to see Brian Wood's Conan series leave us.
    3. Shouldn't there be 3 "Trinity of Sin" books?
    4. I will definitely pick-up the Jonah Hex Showcase Presents at some point.
    5. Man, that was a good nap
    6. Wolverine with guns!
    7. I guess Powers is on a regular Marvel schedule now. A new volume every year or so.
    8. Nice to see the Falcon get spotlighted with a trade.
    9. I see Boom keeps selling different editions of Day Men #1, but not an actual new issue of the series. (Said before I saw issue 2 being out out this week).
    10. Oh yeah, 8 new monthlies by Marvel this issue. I wonder how many make it over a year.

This reply was deleted.