Here’s what caught my eye this month.

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE: One of my favorite series to come out of DC’s “New 52” was the short-lived OMAC. Her is another Kirbyish series by the same creative team. Here’s hoping it lasts more than eight issues.

SUPERMAN #32: By Geoff Johns and (in his first ever work for DC) John Romita, Jr. I’ll give this one a look.

BATMAN ’66 MEETS GREEN HORNET #1: I’m growing disenchanted with the regular Batman ‘66 series, but how can I pass this one up?

7 AGAINST CHAOS TPB: Opinions were split on this board among those of us who read this OGN by Harlan Ellison and Paul Chadwick in 2013. (I thought it was prototypal and liked it.) Here’s your chance to get it in softcover and decide for yourself.

IDW ARTIFACT EDITIONS: Like the “Artist’s Editions” but incomplete (in that not all story pages are available. Instead, many extras are included. First up is Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen.

FULL-COLOR ONE-VOLUME “BONE” 20TH ANNIVERSARY SLIPCASED EDITION: I knew one of these would be released someday. Didn’t expect it to cost 150 bucks, though. I’ve heard so much good stuff about this series, but what I have read has left me underwhelmed.

DOC SAVAGE ARCHIVES: This reprints (in hardcover and on slick paper) the mid-1970s Marvel b&w magazine already available as a DC “Showcase” edition. Given the choice, I’d still go with the less expensive edition. I think it just looks better printed on paper more closely resembling “pulp” stock.

THE JEDI DOTH RETURN: Third in the trilogy of “Shakespearian” Star Wars adaptations.

ANNIMATION: Adventures of Batman, DC Super Heroes volume two and The New Adventures of Superman volumes two and three, all from Filmation.

GODZILLA & GAMERA: DVD/Blu-Ray editions of G. vs. the Sea Monster (Ebirah: Horror of the Deep), G. on Monster Island (Godzilla vs. Gigan) and G. vs. the Smog Monster (G. vs. Hedorah), plus all of the Gamera movies.

MMW NOT BRAND ECHH: I discovered only recently that “ECHH” is spelled E-C-H-H, NOT E-C-C-H. I’m going to have to get used to that.

THANOS OGN: By Jim Starlin. ‘Nuff said.

STARLORD TPB: All of the character’s early appearances collected in a uniform format. An interesting mix of creative talent with no clear editorial direction. (Apparently there’s going to be a “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie later this year.)

NEWSPAPER STRIPS: Tarzan v3, Mickey Mouse v5, Prince Valiant v9, Phantom Sundays v2, and Dark Shadows. The latter one has me torn. I already own a collection, but the reproduction is small (six daily strips to a standard comic book-size page), and the Sundays are in b&w. I think I just talked myself into buying the new collection from Hermes Press.

FOR THE WIFE: Girl Genius v13, Courtney Crumrin v6, a collection of the original Sheena of the Jungle from PS Artbooks.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not much from me this time:

1. Iron Fist doesn't get a series or featured that often, but it seems like every time K'un Lun gets destroyed.

2. A Big Trouble in Little China comic? Interested.

This reply was deleted.