I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 8743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apologies if they have appeared before, I did a quick review of previous posts and didn't spot them.

But I'll take any opportunity to post Kirby, Wood and a Kirby / Ditko tribute art.

One changed pretty much every other issue, one was more or less permanent and one reverted back to the classic after a while.

There are probably more, but this came to mind.

I always thought it was interesting that DD lost his red-and-yellow outfit and Iron Man picked up the design in the same way: red torso, yellow limbs. But on HIM, it looked good.

-- MSA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
2 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Although he was much hetter known as a cartoonist, Dr. Tezuka was an MD as well, so this fits the…"
4 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Peter Wrexham's discussion Celebrity Mastermind - "The History of DC Comics"
"If I might nitpick, answer-to-question-#6 didn't debut until 1941."
5 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"According to Mike's Amazing World the Hercules story in #79 came out at the same time as Thor…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"THE DEADLY FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #1-4 (1991): the precursor to The Superior Foes of…"
6 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'd suggest that covers depicting some sort of medical operation or procedure are also…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"UFO: TARGET EARTH: "Under the depths of a small lake located near a small towm, lies a strange…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I had the impression that heroes and villains called "Doctor" that are not medical…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"...but perhaps in the Marvel Universe...?"
9 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Tales to Astonish
"Jeff of Earth-J said: The three former pawns are picked up by soldiers in a jeep bearing NASA…"
10 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Peter Wrexham's discussion Celebrity Mastermind - "The History of DC Comics"
"I couldn't answer #5. I confess I couldn't remember #1 immediately, but it came to me as…"
10 hours ago
Steve W replied to Peter Wrexham's discussion Celebrity Mastermind - "The History of DC Comics"
"Peter, Thanks for typing all these questions out in full.  I watched this show when it went…"
12 hours ago

© 2023   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service