I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 7825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same theme

Too bad we're not doing 25 of a kind, I've got that covered.

-- MSA

Meow. 

Hoy

Hoy,

You beat me to it, but the amazing thing about comics is where there are three there’s probably more.  

I miss the creative covers of the old days.

-- MSA

Okay, I cheated on the last one. But it's Ann-Margret so it's okay.

Hoy

It's better than OK. If this is from a movie, what's the name of the movie?

Hoy Murphy said:

Okay, I cheated on the last one. But it's Ann-Margret so it's okay.

Hoy

The other day I came across a photo of Melinda Marx (Groucho's daughter) doing a dance step with Ann Margret. Melinda was an extra in Bye, Bye Birdie.

Man of Bronze, Man of Iron, Man of Steel.

Okay, maybe I'm cheating a bit with the second one.  It's not actually a comic cover, though I think it would make a great one.  It's a poster for a 1981 Polish film "Człowiek z żelaza" ("Man of Iron") about the Solidarity trades union.  The alternative, using a cover showing Tony Stark would also be cheating, as he's "Iron Man", not "Man of Iron"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Commander Benson replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"It's been irritating, but we've always been pretty confident that her disability will…"
11 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"Thanks, Commander! All the best wishes to Mrs. Benson! I know how frustrating it can be!"
22 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"BACK ISSUE #136 (June): Spider-Man, Friday Foster, DC's World's Greatest Superheroes…"
24 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Neal Adams did a series of covers for the Tarzan paperbacks re-issued in the mid-70s."
25 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to John Dunbar's discussion Marvel and DC Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age collections
"The solicit dates for those are... Phantom Stanger - November 1 GA Wonder Woman - October 18 SA…"
27 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"There are still scores of Continuity Comics covers yet to be posted. You anticipated me. Of…"
51 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #40: Menstruation. It's not a common topic for a mainstream comic book, not in the…"
2 hours ago
Commander Benson replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"Fingers crossed for you, pal.  If it is approved, that's going ro be one hell of a…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion 'This Is Us' -- Season 4 (and others)
"We watched both of the last two episodes on Tuesday night. We spent probably too much time trying…"
2 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"This looks to me like Curt Swan pencils and Neal Adams inks."
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"It's getting toward the end of the month and I'm beginning to regret not having posted…"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service