I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

“Hey, what about me??”

Oops - how could I have forgotten Robin?  Or, for that matter...

(How does he run with heel-wings that dangle below the soles of his feet?)

"How does he run with heel-wings that dangle below the soles of his feet?"

They stay parallel to the ground as his foot shifts position.

"They stay parallel to the ground as his foot shifts position."

Now why didn't I think of that?  It's so obvious once it's been explained!

There was no pot of gold for any of these characters. 

Hoy

Those were the bad guys. Here are the good guys. 

The Green Quitters. 

Followed by - "the Clark quitter". All these covers came from around the same period in the late silver-age. Why was that? Did Julius Schwartz get some feedback saying that "Clark leaving" was particularly good for sales?

Hal's quitting bark was always bigger than his quitting bite.

The late 1960s was a big time for turning your back on authority, and there was no bigger authority than a superhero cop. Plus, super-powers were out of style, which didn't bode well for DC's huge lineup of super-powered guys.

About the time of GL #62, he was bemoaning how easy it was to catch criminals with his ring, so he tried NOT to use it as much as he could. Yeah, that's an exciting GL story.

-- MSA

Mr. Silver Age said:

About the time of GL #62, he was bemoaning how easy it was to catch criminals with his ring, so he tried NOT to use it as much as he could. Yeah, that's an exciting GL story.

-- MSA

I remember that story.  GL's caught in the beam of a yellow spotlight that stops the power ring from working, and he's getting beaten up by a bunch of thugs.  He takes the ring off, and throws it out of the beam, then controls it remotely.  It's a clever trick, but the scene is misleadingly depicted on the cover.  He never yells "My power ring or my life!  And I want to live!".  Also, he was definitely losing when he couldn't use the ring!

By the way, GL #68 would also fit in over on the "Cover a Day" discussion, where the theme of the month is "Empty Uniforms", as would Superboy #161 which Steve W posted earlier.

"Tragedy!  When the feeling's gone and you can't go on, It's tragedy!"

So much tragedy. In the life.

Hoy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service