I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter: The clue was "ring-a-ding." Those covers have characters who wear a symbol of a planet with a ring around it. Sorry if that was too subtle. 

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

Or have I missed something really obvious?

Hoy Murphy said:

Craig, you know what to do.

Everyone is being very creative. 

Ring-a-ding.

Hoy

Hoy Murphy said:

Peter: The clue was "ring-a-ding." Those covers have characters who wear a symbol of a planet with a ring around it. Sorry if that was too subtle. 

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

Or have I missed something really obvious?

Hoy Murphy said:

Craig, you know what to do.

Everyone is being very creative. 

Ring-a-ding.

Hoy

Hoy's was really hidden (I never even realized there was a ring around Mar-Vell's emblem), which makes us think. I was going to have to ask, too.

I think the Ms M. three were female versions of existing male characters which The Cat and Tigra don't fit, but maybe there was a different connection. It's like those tests where they ask which one doesn't fit, and I can come up with a reason why each one doesn't fit.

Some of these involve such out-there connections and knowledge of comics I'd never come up with them. They're not things you can really Google, which is impressive. I'm enjoying seeing what everyone comes up with.

-- MSA

I'm afraid my "Three of a Kind" are rather more obvious.

Followed by a famous monster from Krypton.

Similar to my last set.

Hoy Murphy said:

Hoy

D'oh!  photo doh.gif I'd just taken that to be a reference to wedding bells or wedding rings for the Legion Adventure issue. It's amazing what rationalisations one's mind can come up with!

I must say, I'm still rather fond of my explanation that the link is that they're not linked.  Too bad it's not correct! 

It was hard to find a Silver Age cover with a good rendition of Saturn Girl on it. 

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

D'oh!  photo doh.gif I'd just taken that to be a reference to wedding bells or wedding rings for the Legion Adventure issue. It's amazing what rationalisations one's mind can come up with!

I must say, I'm still rather fond of my explanation that the link is that they're not linked.  Too bad it's not correct! 

Three who are six.

Characters whose series were canceled and they were cast as co-stars of another character's title. 

Hoy

Similar to Hoy's post.  Both Jackie Jokers and Black Widow had recently had their series cancelled, but Falcon had yet to have had a series at the point he officially joined Cap.

Actually, when he first joined Green Lantern, Green Arrow had never had a book of his own. He had only been a backup in various books.

Actually, that's why I said "series" I instead of "book."
Hoy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service