I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hoy,

I had those floating around in my file for ages.  I thought I had already posted them some time ago.  Before I posted them I zipped through this thread and didn't see them (did see the Giant Man, Batman, Captain marvel eraser covers)--I went quickly so I may have missed them.  Maybe I posted them on a different thread?

I remember several stories where the Human Torch and the Joker went wild, but research turned up some other instances of wild going. There are several more than these three. 

Hoy

Hoy Murphy said:

Those are good one! I think I've seen them before but must have erased them from my memory. 

Hoy

Dave Palmer said:

I think it’s time for more eraser covers.

Hoy, Dave was referring back to this set of covers posted way back on page 6 of this discussion.  Were you by any chance thinking of them?  Or did you remember them quite well, but just wanted an excuse to slip in a pun?

Peter Wrexham said on April 14, 2019 at 2:34pm:

Peter:

I was aware of those earlier eraser cover posts, especially the Giant-Man one, which is a personal favorite. I meant that I had probably seen the new ones before but had forgotten them. And yes, the pun was deliberate. 

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

Hoy, Dave was referring back to this set of covers posted way back on page 6 of this discussion.  Were you by any chance thinking of them?  Or did you remember them quite well, but just wanted an excuse to slip in a pun?

Hoy Murphy said:

Peter:

I was aware of those earlier eraser cover posts, especially the Giant-Man one, which is a personal favorite. I meant that I had probably seen the new ones before but had forgotten them. And yes, the pun was deliberate.

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

Oops, yes, I should have remembered that you mentioned the Giant-Man cover as a favorite.  Sorry about that, Hoy!

Here's another three-of-a-kind inspired by the eraser covers, but in reverse.

I like those, Peter. The Jack cover looks like it used a photo of the hand. 

Hoy

Peter Wrexham said:

Here's another three-of-a-kind inspired by the eraser covers, but in reverse.

The fourth of a kind: Grimjack and Judah go bowling at lanes with sentient pins.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

The fourth of a kind: Grimjack and Judah go bowling at lanes with sentient pins.

"Crossroads Tie-In"? Crossroads?

To a Brit of my age, Crossroads is always and forever a TV soap set in a small motel, and famous for its wooden acting and wobbly sets.

Though I see from a check on Wikipedia that there have been half a dozen TV shows of that name, and that there's also a five-issue limited series from First Comics, which is presumably what this really refers to.

This "Three of a Kind" could also have gone in the "Cover a Day" discussion, where the theme of the month for October is "Haunted Houses and Graves".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service