I was looking through some old comics when I thought of a new game. I call it Three of a Kind. Here's my first entry. 

Hoy

Views: 3708

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter, here's four on one cover. 

Peter Wrexham said:

This discussion has gone rather quiet! 

Here's a three of a kind that I'm quite pleased with.

I need a new villain this month, but I have no inspiration. Wait! The office supply closet!

Hoy Murphy said:

I need a new villain this month, but I have no inspiration. Wait! The office supply closet!

Hoy, that's hilarious!  I imagine them joining together to form the Stationery Gang, perhaps recruiting Stapler Man, Ms Hole-Punch and Ring-Binder Woman as additional members. 

I also wonder why the Carbon Copy Man apparently has ice powers.  Shouldn't he have the ability to create blurry, imperfect copies?  That way, we would have the thrill of seeing the son of Odin fighting Bizarro-Thor!

Carbon Copy Man's sidekick Mimeograph Maid just stains everybody's fingertips light purple. More of an inconvenience than a menace, really.

If we’re already in the office supplies closet, we might as well also pick up an eraser, some paper, and a calculator.

Be  vewy, vewy quiet...

I'd guess that the Seeker...

...isn't a Speaker.  photo whistling.gif

Well, that was my first thought - I really don't know Marvel characters very well.  So I consulted Wikipedia, and found out that Black Bolt "has a destructive hypersonic voice that is so loud, he actually remains silent and has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering a sound, even in sleep".  Which means that he's the unspeaking character on the FF cover, to go with Henry and the Silent Knight.

There's nothing really to add to these three covers.

I finally found a copy of the latest issue of Hogan's Alley. Mr. Silver Age's article about Adventures of Jerry Lewis comics inspired this three of a kind. 

I'm glad the article was inspirational, Hoy! It's interesting how different those three interpretations are. Jerry, of course, was trying to mimic Spider-Man, the others not so much.

Three unrelated characters with the same name?  That's ridiculous!

(Yes, the "A" on the uniform of the Malibu Comics character does stand for "Amazing Man").

And here's a bonus fourth cover that doesn't quite fit the theme.

These three characters don’t have much in common.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service