Surprisingly, I search on this website reveals no talk of Robert Loren Fleming and Trevor Von Eeden's Thriller. I discovered these in a box of mine last weekend, still in their individual bags and still marked .50 each! I noticed Trevor Von Eeden's name, and opened the first issue.

Man! First off, the artwork is amazing, and it only looks somewhat like Von Eeden's other stellar work.

As it stands now, I'm still only three issues in, so I'm going to wait until the end of the 12-issue run to weigh in on the finer points of the story. However, I have to say that this series seems like it was written about twenty years ahead of its time, and I'm not just talking about the fact that it takes place about that far in the future.

I'm trying to pinpoint a comparison, but I can't do it. As a jumping on point, I guess I'd kind of compare it to Global Frequency, but this one is much more complex. It involves family relations, an side array of personalities within the group of operatives known as the Seven Seconds.

Does anyone know if this was a creator-owned series? I cannot for the life of me figure out how this has never been reprinted.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's a cool series, and definitely ahead of its time. I don't think it's wholly creator owned (a couple of the characters appeared in Ambush Bug!) but might be in part. But the entire creative team changes late in the run, unfortunately, so that indicates DC had more control than the creators. It had such promise... and then kind of fizzles out, unfortunately. Or becomes something totally different. But it's worth reading all the way through regardless. And YMMV.
  • I think I bought the first issue of this series solely on the basis of the punny catch-phrase: "She has seven seconds to save the Earth!" The first issue is the only one I bought. I don't remember much about it.

• Doggone it, I didn’t realize it was going to change creative teams. Issue 4 was a masterpiece.
  • Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But yeah...savor the original issues while you can. (Issue 5 has the first creative change, I think, with Dick Giordano coming on as inker. The action's a little clearer and more straightforward, but the spirit remains the same. 

This reply was deleted.