I had little interest in the new T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents series until I read in a recent “DC Nation” column that it is to be a continuation of the original series rather than a re-start. That’s cool, I think. It inspired me to work my way completely through the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents Archives series for the first time ever, if I finish it. Right now I’m in the middle of volume three, so wish me luck. By the time I finish, there will be a new archive volume collecting the 1980s series.

The first issue of the new series is (not unexpectedly) darker than the original, but it’s too soon to get a sense of where they’re going with it. I’m unfamiliar with the work of writer Nick Spencer, but the work of penciller Cafu reminds me a bit of Gary Frank’s. I don’t have much else to say about this series yet, but is anyone else reading it?

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ISSUE #10 brings volume one to a close (just as well; it’s all one story, anyway, and I was running out of new things to say), but promises to be back in November with volume two. I’ve already seen a tpb of the first 10 issues solicited. Now that this series has proven itself (to me, anyway), I may just tradewait future volumes.
I was satisfied with the conclusion of this volume. I did find Mike Grell's art a bit off this time though. Some of the faces looked weird.  I loved Nick Dragotta's art for the '60s sequence. Reminded me a big of Darwyn Cooke.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service