Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure

This year’s Autumn Revelry promises to be something special. A blue harvest moon will rise, allowing the fairies to use a precious moonstone to restore the Pixie Dust Tree — the source of all their magic. But when Tinker Bell accidently puts all of Pixie Hollow in jeopardy, she must venture out across the sea on a secret quest to set things right. With some help from her friend Terrance — and a charming, rascally firefly named Blaze —Tink braves an astonishing new world and discovers the greatest treasure of all. It’s a pretty standard “quest” plot with the requisite number of pitfalls and setbacks along the way, but the young (and the young at heart) will enjoy its action and themes. Anyone who liked last year’s Tinker Bell movie (and can get past the homicidal nature she displays toward Wendy in Peter Pan) should like this movie. I guess that’s it until Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue this time next year!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it'd be easier for me to read that "product description" without laughing if Action Lad were Action Lass.
  • Tinkerbell, Terrance and Blaze?

tinkerbelld.jpg

sorryca01.jpg

230642156828johnnyblaze.jpg

• I've only seen the ads on TV, but it looks like Tink has um, developed, since I was a child.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• That reminds me of my bartender on Saturday night. (She was dressed as Tinker Bell).

Dagwan said:
    I've only seen the ads on TV, but it looks like Tink has um, developed, since I was a child.

• I just saw the other day a great collections of graphics (might have been a NYT article), I will look for the link detailing how her look has changed over the years.

I have a copy of the dvd right now...It will be a surprise for the girls over then Thankgiving break. They adore Tink, and have been listening to the book series on audiobook.

Dagwan said:
    I've only seen the ads on TV, but it looks like Tink has um, developed, since I was a child.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• I have a copy of the dvd right now...It will be a surprise for the girls over the Thankgiving break.

I’m looking forward to hearing what they think of it!

They adore Tink, and have been listening to the book series on audiobook.

Audiobook? Uh, oh… I wonder if Tracy knows about that? Probably not, or we’d own them.

Okay...found it!

That’s sort of Tink’s “special missions” outrfit from the film, which she wears when she undertakes her quest.

I'm still not used to her being able to talk.

They way I look at it is that when the action takes place in Fairy Hollow, they speak in Fairy language and it’s translated for the viewer. But when she travels to Neverland or London, her language is untranslated.
  • 51BK1WB55JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The audiobook, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, is for a book by Gail Carson Levine (of Ella Enchanted fame) from the Tales from Pixie Hollow Series.

I like your explanation for the talking Tink. Reading through the Pixie Hollow series I think there is still some difficulty about when exactly Tink lived with Peter. The books were written before the Tinkerbell movie, but feature some of the same characters. The Queen in the books is sometimes called Queen Ree, sometimes Queen Clarion (there is a mention in the later books that Ree is Clarion's nickname). In books Tink's time with Peter is in the past and she actually goes and visits him to reclaim her spare hammer. There is some awkwardness but at the end of the visit, Tink feels that she might actually visit him someday again, but she is happiest living in Pixie Hollow (located within Never Land). In the Tinkerbell movie, her time with Peter hasn't yet happened.
  • Thanks for the info about the audiobook! It will make a nice surprise for Tracy! I'm sure she has all the books in the Pixie Hollow series, but I don't think she has the audiobook. I'll shop around and see if I can find it.

It's difficult to reconcile Tink's continuity; perhaps there is an Earth-1 and Earth-2 Tink...?
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    It's difficult to reconcile Tink's continuity; perhaps there is an Earth-1 and Earth-2 Tink...?

You're tinkin' too hard about this.
This reply was deleted.