I thought a thread of this kind might help out our new members. If anyone has a question, just ask away.

When you're writing a post, you can make the html tags in it visible by pressing the 'html' button (the rightmost one above the reply box). This is particularly helpful if you want to put a "reply" quote at the start of your post. When you press the "reply" button immediately below a post you want to respond to, the board brings up a box with the post's text in a blockquote (at the bottom of the box). If you bring up the html, you can place your own text after the quote by placing it after the /blockquote instruction.

I sometimes write my posts in Word and then transfer them across. This can result in unwanted formatting effects, so when I do this, I switch to html format and cut out the chaff I don't want.

Views: 1359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry, that doesn't help.  Which black bar?  And so far nothing here looks like it will make the pop-up at the bottom go away. 

Click the little wheel thing and then uncheck "Connected to Chat."

And the black bar in question is the one that reads "Main Room." That minimizes the window.

Not that it's a big deal, but the tab "Forum" at the top of each screen has a non-functioning sub-heading "old forums" which is trying to go to captaincomics.us

Hasn't worked at least since I joined.

I haven't been able to get the search function to work for some time now.  Is it just me?  Did I offend the software gods somehow?

It's just you. :) At least, it works for me. I'm using Chrome.

-- MSA

I'm using Firefox, and it works okay.

It's working for me in Safari.

Hmmm ... maybe if I shot a Chrome Firefox while on Safari, that would work?

Actually, the global search bar at the top of every page appears to work.  It's just the "Search this Category" box that's bombing for me.  I can live with that.

Thanks for the responses.

Failing everything else, search Google like this:

site:http://captaincomics.ning.com "search word or phrase"

It works pretty well. I've used it since another Legionnaire suggested it.

I find that many sites' search engines are so badly designed that it's easier to go to Google and put in the company name and the term I'm looking for, and it will take me to the right page in the company's site easier than their own search engine will. That might work here, too, if it's a problem.

-- MSA

I've added a smilies page to this Forum category. I think you can just go there and copy and paste various smilies, like this banana party:

photo mistick_bananaparty.gif

I've changed the SMILIES link on the front page to take you to the page as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service