I thought a thread of this kind might help out our new members. If anyone has a question, just ask away.

When you're writing a post, you can make the html tags in it visible by pressing the 'html' button (the rightmost one above the reply box). This is particularly helpful if you want to put a "reply" quote at the start of your post. When you press the "reply" button immediately below a post you want to respond to, the board brings up a box with the post's text in a blockquote (at the bottom of the box). If you bring up the html, you can place your own text after the quote by placing it after the /blockquote instruction.

I sometimes write my posts in Word and then transfer them across. This can result in unwanted formatting effects, so when I do this, I switch to html format and cut out the chaff I don't want.

Views: 1351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never tried to use an iPad on this site -- or any other. I just use it to read, and when I need to do work I go to my desktop. Yeah, yeah, I'm old-fashioned. But if anybody knows, I could use the info, too!

I've had mixed results using the ipad. There are times when I've been able to post images and times when the buttons for posting links and images don't show up. The same buttons do show up when I use a Samsung tablet though. I suspect ning has a problem talking to the ipad or the ipad itself has some sort of java problem that prevents it from seeing all of the options that are available. I used a couple different browsers on my ipad and neither worked so I don't think the problem is specific to Safari.

Follow up. I am now using a Dolphin browser and the buttons are showing up. I clicked the second button from the left and then chose this image from the camera roll. I had downloaded the image a few years ago.

Checked Safari again. Still no buttons showing up. I recommend downloading Dolphin browser and see if that works for you.

I didn't know you COULD use a different browser in iPad!

Apparently the Chrome browser is also available for the iPad.

If it works as well on the iPad as it does on my Microsoft PC and Android phone it would be a good choice. I've never had a problem with any postings on this site using Chrome.

I've been using computers at home and at work since the late '90s. I've built websites using everything from PageMill to Dreamweaver. I can use XHTML. I'm no rookie. But I've never had a Mac and I find iPads a little mysterious. I don't push the edges very much.

Thanks everyone, I shall have a crack on the Chrome browser!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service