I thought a thread of this kind might help out our new members. If anyone has a question, just ask away.

When you're writing a post, you can make the html tags in it visible by pressing the 'html' button (the rightmost one above the reply box). This is particularly helpful if you want to put a "reply" quote at the start of your post. When you press the "reply" button immediately below a post you want to respond to, the board brings up a box with the post's text in a blockquote (at the bottom of the box). If you bring up the html, you can place your own text after the quote by placing it after the /blockquote instruction.

I sometimes write my posts in Word and then transfer them across. This can result in unwanted formatting effects, so when I do this, I switch to html format and cut out the chaff I don't want.

Views: 2128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The emojis have stopped displaying correctly.

See my post on page 449 of What Comic Books Have You Read Today? and Clark's post on page 1 of Frank Miller Daredevil.

The smilies/emojis folder are all just links to a Photobucket that Rich Lane originally set-up. I'm guessing something somewhere has gotten corrupted between Photobucket and Ning. As I can just go to the Photobucket site they are linked to, and copy them from there. A work around, and  hassle I know. 

I'll see what if anything can be done to fix it. 

Richard Willis said:

The emojis have stopped displaying correctly.

See my post on page 449 of What Comic Books Have You Read Today? and Clark's post on page 1 of Frank Miller Daredevil.

I don't think that works either. I started using the URLs and such instead of copying and pasting the image, and that doesn't work either. I'm beginning to wonder if photobucket has somehow blocked reproduction without paying their annual fee.

Hmmm, it worked when I pasted them originally, and now it appears they are blurry again. 

If you go to Photobucket, some of the images are blurry there now as well

According to Photobucket.com, they have a free plan that allows up to 250 images. It appears to require an account and a valid email address. Is it possible that the email used to create the account no longer exists? Or they need a stronger password?

I did a little research, and apparently Photobucket is limiting the bandwith on free accounts to 25MB/month. Once it exceeds that the images will be blurred. 

Richard Willis said:

According to Photobucket.com, they have a free plan that allows up to 250 images. It appears to require an account and a valid email address. Is it possible that the email used to create the account no longer exists? Or they need a stronger password?

That sounds like it will reset at the beginning of each month.

I wonder if an emoji is posted anew are they counting it when it is posted or every time it's viewed?

If it's every time it's viewed on new and old posts it would seem to add up very quickly.

What I have done is downloaded all of the images, and when I get some time I will look into another hosting site.

Thanks, Travis. I know it's time-consuming, so I appreciate your efforts. I would do it, if I had any idea how to.

I just saw (on the Carol Burnett thread) a working animated emoji. 

Can we create Groups?

No. We used to have them, but Captain Comics decided they were just splitting up the discussions unnecessarily. At least that's how I remember it (I had a Mature Readers or Vertigo group at the time). The Moderator group still exists so us Moderators can have private group discussions (e.g. about questionable New Member requests).

caveman.savant said:

Can we create Groups?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service