Dr Mark Kermode is film critic for the BBC, and is known to have honest and sttaightforward opinions on many films.  What follows is hsi review of the above film.

Discuss

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hah!
Personally, I think that says it all - but my 12-y-o is going to love it...
LOL! I'll probably see it this weekend. I really liked the first one. The second one, not so much.

Critic Glenn Kenny (who liked it OK) wrote a funny reviews at msn.com.

His lead is pricess:

"Are critics unfair to director Michael Bay and his "Transformers" movies? For reasons that are frankly obscure to me, this question has been put forward by some pop culture mavens, and taken seriously by some others. As if Bay and company are entitled to something more than the zillions of dollars these film make, and the ubiquity of their characters as pop culture icons, profit-taking merchandise pieces, and convenience-store special-drink tie-ins. As if they are entitled as well to critical respect, which will, after all, arrive eventually, from the post-graduate academic realm that will someday devote reams of text to the Thousand Plateaus of the Anti-Epistemological Perplex of Optimus Prime, or some such."

I mean "priceless."

www.salon.com/entertainment/movies/film_salon/2011/07/01/loudest_mo...

If "Transformers" appeals to you, you might like these movies, too. (Warning: some off-color language.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A character whose whole schtick was fortune telling"
44 seconds ago
The Baron replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion Meeting the Dora Milaje
"Wow, that's great!"
38 minutes ago
The Baron liked ClarkKent_DC's discussion Meeting the Dora Milaje
50 minutes ago
ClarkKent_DC posted a discussion

Meeting the Dora Milae

My lovely wife and I at the Welcome Reception at the 2022 NABJ-NAHJ* Convention and Career Fair at…See More
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Re-watching Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959).  I always forget that the…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Captain Comics said: Especially boxing! Apparently boxing was a big deal in the early 1940s. In…"
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I didn't time them, but I only felt one was shorter than the others."
3 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion 'Batgirl' dead on HBO
"So the more I read about the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, the more it seems he wants -- as…"
3 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
3 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Richard Willis's video
3 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Captain Comics's video
3 hours ago
Glenn Hakanson liked Captain Comics's video
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service