So, it begins this week...JMS is taking Kal on a hard-travelin' hero journey across the country to reconnect after losing...again!...his people.  Will it be awesome or cringe-y...or both?  Let's take the trip together!

Views: 635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of y'all might enjoy this related strip:
http://www.half-assed.com/strips/42.html

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

I like that the stick figure of Superman has a spit-curl and a cape.
Jeff of Earth-J said:
I like that the stick figure of Superman has a spit-curl and a cape.

Did you by any chance, hover your mouse pointer over the picture? There's a bonus text joke that shows up.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

Oh, that's funny!

Jeff of Earth-J said:
I found this cover both patriotic and nostalgic.

Here's the nostalgia.
Jeff, there's no url for that nostalgia to link to. Unless you're nostalgic for the days before links, in which case, my hat is off to you, sir!
Rob Staeger said:
Jeff, there's no url for that nostalgia to link to. Unless you're nostalgic for the days before links, in which case, my hat is off to you, sir!

Awesome.
Oh, fuss and bother!

I meant to link the cover of the Golden Age Superman #24.
JMS has been sick, and it's been delaying the book.. so issue 704 (the issue after next) is now a fill-in Lois Lane story. It's written by G. Willow Wilson (Cairo, Air) , so I've still got some interest in it.
Rob Staeger said:
JMS has been sick, and it's been delaying the book.. so issue 704 (the issue after next) is now a fill-in Lois Lane story. It's written by G. Willow Wilson (Cairo, Air) , so I've still got some interest in it.

I was JUST coming here to post this...get outta my brainpan, Rob!

Man, I don't know why I read the comments at the DC blog...makes me love the people here even more...
I have to admit, some of them have a legitimate complaint: Tying up Superman in a year-long quest to find himself is satisfying if that's the story you want to read and, at best, unsatisfying if you don't. But then, I maintain the sweet spot for multipart tales is four issues, six at the most.

The rudeness and crankiness at that site I could do without, however.
Oh, even though it's a storyline I'm interested in, it's definitely a legitimate complaint. I wish there was another book that had traditional Superman adventures going on. It's one thing to tell a year-long story, and it's another thing entirely to take a lynchpin character off the table for a year. I blame continuity. Without a need to keep continuity bookkeepers happy (an impossible task if there ever was one), there'd be no need to take Superman out of Action while this storyline goes on.

(Then again, I've heard good things about the Luthor stories there.)
Another Half-Assed Commitment strip deals with the delay problem:

http://www.half-assed.com/strips/48.html

As always, make sure to hover your pointer over the strip for a parting shot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service