Marvel Releases BLACK PANTHER #1 Artgerm Variant – Your First Look!

Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña team up for new #1 launch

New York, NY—March 7, 2018—This May, Marvel is celebrating the launch of BLACK PANTHER #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña with an Artgerm variant cover featuring Wakanda’s Shuri.

“Black Panther #1 is a creative challenge for me. My first few books were more philosophical, and while that still rings true here, this is a fast-paced, high-octane story,” said Coates. “And with Daniel Acuña’s art, I think people are really going to feel the energy and intensity here. I wanted people to feel like this is a really fresh storyline, and I think we succeeded in that. It’s meaty, it’s different, and it’s perfect for new readers just coming to the world of T’Challa and Black Panther.’’

Take a first look at the Artgerm variant cover for BLACK PANTHER #1 and get ready for an all-new story about the King of Wakanda!

BLACK PANTHER #1

Written by TA-NEHISI COATES

Art and Cover by DANIEL ACUÑA

Variant Cover by ARTGERM

On Sale 5/23/18

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's the first press release about this book, in case we want to make this a thread about the new Black Panther book.

Marvel Announces BLACK PANTHER #1

Featuring an all-new creative team and all-new direction!

1801737998?profile=RESIZE_320x320New York, NY—February 21, 2018—New creative teams. New series. New directions. New beginnings. It all kicks off this May with BLACK PANTHER #1!

“Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be rolling out new beginnings for a few of our key franchises—new creative teams, new starting points, new storylines—all the big stuff that we’ve been building towards since LEGACY began,” said SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “This isn’t a clearing of the slate—while these new starts will kick off with new #1s, we’ll be maintaining the classic LEGACY issue counts as dual numbering on these titles as well. Oh, and don’t read anything into not seeing a character on the Jim Cheung piece…we can only squeeze so many characters onto there without killing poor Jim!”

For more information on BLACK PANTHER #1, including creator interviews, visit Marvel.com.

For up-to-date information on all new #1 titles, visit http://marvel.com/marvel2018comics.

BLACK PANTHER #1

Written by TA-NEHISI COATES

Art and Cover by DANIEL ACUNA

On Sale 5/23/18

This reply was deleted.