OK, a gap opened up in the Sourcewall, see, and out dropped disks of the old 60's Marvel Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Sub-Mariner cartoon.  It's been close to forty-five since I've seen them last, and I never even knew they was Thor and Sub-Mariner ones when I was a kid. So, anyway, let's see what I see.

Views: 2558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leave Mjolnir, take the cannoli.

Awesome.

Episode Six: "To Kill a Thunder God"

Loki steals the Norn stones on Odin's nap day, then prompts a hunter to animate the Destroyer.  

1. You'd think they'd have better security on something as dangerous as the Destroyer..
  2. You'd also think they'd pretty much always lock Loki up when ever Odin was going for a nap.

I've always had the impression that Loki is pretty goldarned powerful in his own right, or the Asgardians would have done something about him eons ago.

Either that, or it's Odin's stupidity showing up again, protecting him in the fashion of "he's such a good boy, just a little troubled is all".

The Baron said:

You'd also think they'd pretty much always lock Loki up when ever Odin was going for a nap.

Instead later on Loki will make himself king every time Odin takes a nap. He must be powerful if Thor and Odin are the only two that can keep him from taking over.

In the comic Loki gives Absorbing Man his powers. While Thor is fighting him Loki kidnaps Jane, and that leads into the Trial of the Gods. Loki uses the Norn stones to cheat, and Thor has to find the stones on Earth to prove it. Loki leads the hunter to the Destroyer to prevent him coming back with them.

It was somewhere around this point in the comics -- around issue #118 or so, I think -- where I decided to stop resenting that Odin never did anything about Loki despite his continued depradations, and decided instead that far-seeing Odin was aware that Loki was a necessary part of the tapestry the Fates were weaving and couldn't be neutered. It was probably something he learned when he gave up his eye and was crucified on Yggdrasil for nine days. Or maybe Mimir or Hagga told him. Anyway, realizing that Loke was literally a necessary evil made reading Journey into Mystery that much easier for the Li'l Capn.

Captain Comics said:

...Odin was aware that Loki was a necessary part of the tapestry the Fates were weaving and couldn't be neutered. 

ODIN (To THOR): "I think it's time to take Loki to the v-e-t to get him f-i-x-e-d."

LOKI: "I can spell, you know!"

Hahahaha!

Of course, given Loki's fluid sexuality, he could just be a woman for the next few jillion years. Or maybe grow it all back.

And this is why there are no mohels in Asgard.

"He only took tips."

photo bowdown-1.gif   photo bowdown-1.gif   photo bowdown-1.gif   photo bowdown-1.gif   photo bowdown-1.gif

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service