Thought it would be fun to re-watch these, since I finally picked up a copy of Star Trek - Into Darkness from the cheapie bin, which  means I now have copies of all of them.

So, on into space, the filmic frontier...

Views: 2188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.

I'm going to see it today!

We finally saw the movie with our friends yesterday.

I thought Idris Elba was kind of wasted in this. Krall/Edison was a fairly generic villain. Maybe they could do one of these where the threat isn't someone seeking cosmic vengeance against the UFP?

IIRC, there were at least two former Star Fleet captains who went bad in the original series, so this is getting a little tired. I did, as always, enjoy Idris Elba.

Nice tributes to Nimoy and Yelchin. I gather they don't intend to re-cast Chekov for the next one, so they'll have to think of some way to write him out.

I was a little surprised that they had time to include the "For Anton" tribute along with the dedication to Nimoy, which I expected. Kinda squeezed out a tear.

Since they are at the star base waiting for the Enterprise A, it would probably be good for Chekov to get a new assignment rather than the character be killed.

I enjoyed Sofia Boutella as Jaylah. Her speech pattern was a kick ("James-Tee" and "Montgomery-Scotty") and she looked good even under all that makeup. I had previously seen her as the double-amputee martial arts killer in the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service.

IIRC, there were at least two former Star Fleet captains who went bad in the original series, so this is getting a little tired. I did, as always, enjoy Idris Elba.

I can think of Garth of Izar, and the guy on the planet with the Yangs and the Kohms.

Then there was the guy who introduced a planet to Nazism and the guy who left behind a book that introduced the 1920s gangster culture to that other world. The first was a cultural observer and the second was an idiot. Not sure of their ranks.

The Nazi guy was John Gill,  who was a Federation historian, and should have known better.   If I recall correctly, the guys who left the  gangster book were said to be from before the Prime Directive was adopted, so it could be argued that they rate a mulligan on that one.

Was it during the Next Generation that star fleet admirals started to get a bit stupid at times?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service