Wayward Pines

Anyone else watching this? We've had it recorded for months, but only started watching it over the weekend. My wife describes it as "If The Prisoner and Lost had a baby it would be Wayward Pines." I couldn't have put it better myself.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I've watched it off and on. Have you just started Season 1? I thought that was really well crafted, with secrets that are kept just long enough to build suspense, but not to the point of being frustrating or incomprehensible. Season 2 has been harder to follow. I think I may have missed the opening episode, which probably sets the scene.

• Yes, we are five or six episodes into season one. The episode we watched last night had a BIG reveal.

It's funny. We get the promos that say, "Wayward Pines will return in two weeks," and we say, "Nuh-uh, sucker... tomorrow!"

• We watched episode six last night.

"The truth has been revealed, but secrets still exist."

At this point, Matt Dillon's character knows the truth. His son knows, but neither knows the other knows. His wife doesn't know. His friend doesn't know, either, but has recruited his wife to her side. What he knows will put them at odds.

I might argue with how Wayward Pines as a community got to this point, but I'm willing to accept that it did. I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

• I've been watching as well. I thought Season 1 was very well done. I agree that Season 2 hasn't been quite as strong. Probably because they ran out of source material and had to create the story from scratch.

• The credits say "Based on the 'Wayward Pines' novels." Tracy Googled it and I believe she told me it was a trilogy. I take it that means the first season was an adaptation of the three books...?

• I think so, yes.

• Wikipedia's article on the show mentions how it maps onto the books.

• Ah. Thanks.

• My wife and I have been watching. We started the first season about the time the second episode of the second season aired. We liked the first season a lot. We may not finish watching the second.

• It occurs to me that there is a certain similarity between Wayward Pines (the town) and Alexandria from The Walking Dead: they’re both barricaded to keep monsters-who-were-once-humans out, and an “outsider” is serving as sheriff.

Here’s a question for you: In which town would you rather live? Wayward Pines or Alexandria (and why)?

This reply was deleted.