From the Human Torch to Cap, Chris Evans has taken the job. Thoughts?

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He will have a lifetime gig at the convention scene.
He's also in the Scott Pilgrim film.
Human Torch was the best thing about the F.F. movies. I credit that to a number of things (visuals, script, etc), including his performance. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything but these movies, so I'll be curious for him to handle a more stoic character.
Works for me.

I just wonder how they'll handle the early scenes when Steve Rogers is a 98-pound weakling ...
Bah humbug - too young
Steve was frozen before the end of the war...he can't be more than early-mid 20s. Evans is just a year away from his 30th birthday.
Doc Beechler said:
Steve was frozen before the end of the war...he can't be more than early-mid 20s. Evans is just a year away from his 30th birthday.

Yeah, but I'm over 30 and Cap is supposed to be older and wiser than me (and not just because of suspended animation)...
Lumbering Jack said:
Human Torch was the best thing about the F.F. movies. I credit that to a number of things (visuals, script, etc), including his performance. I don't think I've ever seen him in anything but these movies, so I'll be curious for him to handle a more stoic character.

I agree about Evans' Torch being the best thing in the FF movies (well, at least the first one; haven't really watched the second), so I'm cool with his casting. Earlier today, I realized he might actually be a little too old to be a freshly-thawed Cap, which felt like a weird realization. It will be interesting to see the twentysomething Cap and Thor playing off the 42-year-old Tony Stark/RDJr in the Avengers movie.
Kent Allard said:
Doc Beechler said:
Steve was frozen before the end of the war...he can't be more than early-mid 20s. Evans is just a year away from his 30th birthday.

Yeah, but I'm over 30 and Cap is supposed to be older and wiser than me (and not just because of suspended animation)...

Wiser, yes. Older, no.

That's the thing; Captain America is always presented as if he's in his mid- to late 30s, if not his early 40s, but he shouldn't be. If he enlisted -- or, rather, tried to enlist -- in his late teens or early 20s circa 1940, then went through five years of World War II, by rights he should have been in his early to mid-20s when he was thawed out "ten years ago."
Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull!

"Mr. Rogers, welcome back. We missed you." :-)
Shouldn't that be "Miss -terr Rog-EEERRRS. WelCOME back, We've missed you....."
As long as he can pull off a decent German accent, I'll be fine with it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service