Music? What song? By whom?

Podcasts? Which ones? Who's on it?

The whir of your hard drive while you defrag?

Whatever you're listening to, share it with the Legion of Superfluous Heroes!

Views: 5486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Swords and Tequila" by Riot

Bayou Country by Creedence Clearwater Revival. I was a big CCR fan during their hey day but haven't listened to them much since so this is a bit of re-discovery.

Are you fa,iliar with John Fogerty's solo stuff?

Centerfield (1985) is a perennial sumertime favorite of mine.

Of his more recent work, my favorites are Deja Vu All Over Again (2004) and Revival (2007).

More recent still is Wrote a Song for Everyone (2013), new recording of his greatest hits recorded with 16 guest musicians.

I never paid much attention to Fogerty's solo work beyond what played on the radio. I have several CCR albums in either vinyl, CD or digital form and just started listening to them again after hearing Lodi on the radio. Wrote a Song For Everyone sounds interesting - I may check that one out.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Are you fa,iliar with John Fogerty's solo stuff?

Centerfield (1985) is a perennial sumertime favorite of mine.

Of his more recent work, my favorites are Deja Vu All Over Again (2004) and Revival (2007).

More recent still is Wrote a Song for Everyone (2013), new recording of his greatest hits recorded with 16 guest musicians.

Man, I really need to proofread my posts, don't I?

Fortunately, you won't be marked down for spelling.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Man, I really need to proofread my posts, don't I?

"Smash It Up" by The (International) Noise Conspiracy

Sometimes I have to wait a long time between releases I am interested in, but lately there have been (or will be) quite a few of them.

THE ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO: “The Sky’s the Limit” — I saw this performed in Edinburgh; it was awesome (not a word I tend to use lightly or overuse). I bought the CD, and when the DVD is released next month I’ll buy that, too.

While at the airport in Inverness, I bought the latest copy of Mojo magazine, which led directly to the next three selections. (I’m also considering David Crosby’s latest, which I also read about in Mojo.)

MOJO PRESENTS… THE FAB SOUND OF LIVERPOOL: “Mersey Paradise” — This CD came with the purchase of the magazine. It features contemporary bands from Liverpool.

PAUL McCARTNEY: “Egypt Station” — Also originally from Liverpool.

THE BAND: “Music from Big Pink” — The 50th anniversary reissue of the influential classic album I just never got around to buying. I’m glad I waited, though, because this version has six bonus tracks of outtakes, demos ad alternate versions.

PAUL SIMON: “In the Blue Light” — Paul Simon has re-recorded 10 songs he wasn’t quite pleased with the first time.

WILLIE NELSON: “My Way” — Like Bob Dylan before him, Willie Nelson has released an album of Sinatra covers.

WILLIAM SHATTNER: “Why Not Me” — A country album. If that’s not enough, on October 26th he’ll release a Christmas album.

PRINCE: “A Piano & a Microphone” (Release Date: September 21)— I have tried on three separate occasions to appreciate Prince’s music: 1) back in “the day,” 2) when he did the soundtrack to Tim Burton’s Batman, and 3) after he died. This is an album of demos and covers from 1983, just him ad a piano. If I don’t like this one, I’m going to say I gave him a fair shake and move on.

ROD STEWART: “Blood Red Roses” (Release Date: September 28): His 30th studio LP. I don’t buy all of Stewart’s albums (I did enjoy his “American Songbook” series), but I read a good review of this one.

I recently listened to the Moody Blues seven "classic" albums in order of  original release from "Days of Future Passed" through "Seventh Sojourn".  My personal favorites - "In Search of the Lost Chord", "To Our Children's Children's Children" and "Seventh Sojourn". Two lesser known tracks that I especially liked - "Thinking Is The Best Way To Travel" and "Gypsy Of A Strange and Distant Time".  Both have science fiction themed lyrics which is part of the appeal to me. In general, their music has always reminded me of summertime.

PETE TOWNSHEND: “Truancy” — I bought this 2015 “Best of” compilation, on clearance, over lunch; I didn't know it existed and I haven’t listened to it yet. It’s very much a “best of” rather than a “greatest hits.” It has 17 tracks total, good songs taken from his solo albums. Best of all, it has two new songs” “Guantanamo” and “How Can I Help You?”

Apparently there was a third album in the “Scoop” series, Scoop 3, released inn 2001 (!), which I didn’t know about. I enjoyed Scoop and Another Scoop, so a return trip to my LRS (Local Record Store) lies in my near future.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service